2023 Transfer Portal and NBA Declarations

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: 2023 Transfer Portal and NBA Declarations

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:16 pm You said that is all fans will care about.

I gotta be honest, at this point i'd much rather the Chiefs win a Super Bowl next season than KU win a title.
I'll just keep cheering for both of them to win. I just don't have many requirements of how a team functions for me to continue to be a fan of them.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

if recruiting the best talent available = running guys off, then maybe Self is guilty

by all accounts, there weren’t any cancers on last year’s team that would have warranted getting “run off”

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

None of us are thrilled about the commoditization of student athletes, but it is what it is. And, to almost no one's surprise, an elite coach like Bill isn't standing around pining for the good old days, but making the best of it he can.

Imagine for a minute how we'd feel if Self hadn't made much of an effort to improve the team via the portal, and we ended up being eliminated from next years tournament in the second round by a K-State or MU ish team, that did.

Bill is hardwired to try to be the best, and he knows we expect it.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Udeh's presumptive minutes played a roll in Zuby's decision to leave. Maybe Zuby change's his mind. Just an ankle away from major minutes now.
shindig

Post by shindig »

AlOerter wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:14 pm Udeh's presumptive minutes played a roll in Zuby's decision to leave. Maybe Zuby change's his mind. Just an ankle away from major minutes now.
F that. Don’t want to compete, then leave and it’s a one way door. BS will bring in someone better that’s hungry.
surly

Post by surly »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:30 pm if recruiting the best talent available = running guys off, then maybe Self is guilty

by all accounts, there weren’t any cancers on last year’s team that would have warranted getting “run off”
one doesn't have to be a bad person to be run. ish massoud is a good dude who clearly was told he wasn't going to start at k-state, so he transfers to georgetown. bob knight routinely told guys they could stay but wouldn't play. this isn't new, it's just more.
ChicagoHawk

Post by ChicagoHawk »

shindig wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:45 pm F that. Don’t want to compete, then leave and it’s a one way door. BS will bring in someone better that’s hungry.
Do you guys always have to sound like such miserable SOBs?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

surly wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:48 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:30 pm if recruiting the best talent available = running guys off, then maybe Self is guilty

one doesn't have to be a bad person to be run. ish massoud is a good dude who clearly was told he wasn't going to start at k-state, so he transfers to georgetown. bob knight routinely told guys they could stay but wouldn't play. this isn't new, it's just more.
you’ve got an odd definition of “running a kid out”
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
surly

Post by surly »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:47 pm
surly wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:48 pm

you’ve got an odd definition of “running a kid out”
i don't recall defining the term. but to me it means sending a clear signal to a youngster that he would play more elsewhere and in some cases the coach will help arrange it.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ChicagoHawk wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:25 pm
shindig wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:45 pm F that. Don’t want to compete, then leave and it’s a one way door. BS will bring in someone better that’s hungry.
Do you guys always have to sound like such miserable SOBs?
No kidding
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’d welcome Zuby back in a heartbeat.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Feral wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:42 pm None of us are thrilled about the commoditization of student athletes
eh..I dunno, some seem pretty damn excited about it.
Just Ledoux it
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

pdub wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:17 am I’d welcome Zuby back in a heartbeat.
^^^^^
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

didn’t Zuby’s rep say something to the effect of leaving the door open to staying?
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

KUTradition wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:33 am didn’t Zuby’s rep say something to the effect of leaving the door open to staying?
Philachack said in leaving on good terms, “maybe in three to four weeks if a scholarship is open (at KU) we may end up back here. If a spot is open in three to four weeks I’m sure coach (Self) would be open to take him back. https://news.yahoo.com/hunter-dickinson ... 40012.html
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Let's see. We're playing them at Ass hall on Dec 16 and both schools wear Adidas.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

AlOerter wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:31 pm Let's see. We're playing them at Ass hall on Dec 16 and both schools wear Adidas.
^^^
Anand Giridharadas
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Sounds like Zuby might be committing to St. John's soon.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Ernest visiting Duke, TCU, and fucking K-State.