Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by twocoach »

NiceDC wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:18 pm 200k dead, 40 million unemployed, race riots, but this is where his energy is at:

https://www.axios.com/trump-asks-suprem ... WqTsejiuBg

Trump asks Supreme Court to let him block Twitter critics
The Trump administration Thursday asked the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn a lower-court ruling that the president can't block critics on Twitter because doing so violates the First Amendment....
So the "Law and Order" President, who supporters claim is a huge proponent of the Constitution, is looking to violate people's rights of free speech. Add it to the list of rights under attack next to the right to freely assemble, the right to a free press, the right to due process of law, the list goes on and on and on. Like churchgoers who only think that portions of the Bible should be applied depending on whether or not they negatively impact themselves, it seems that his Constitutional supporters are really only bothered if their 2nd Amendment rights might be infringed upon. The rest they apparently don't really give a shit about.

All this "Law and Order" President has shown is that he believes that the law does not apply to him and that anyone who attempts to state otherwise is out of order.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://theintercept.com/2020/08/20/tru ... nia-court/

Dumbfuck in Charge has been claiming rampant mail-in ballot fraud in court so the judge called him on it and required him to provide proof. Their 524 page response included ZERO cases of fraud in mail-in ballots.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

NiceDC wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:18 pm 200k dead, 40 million unemployed, race riots, but this is where his energy is at:

https://www.axios.com/trump-asks-suprem ... WqTsejiuBg

Trump asks Supreme Court to let him block Twitter critics
The Trump administration Thursday asked the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn a lower-court ruling that the president can't block critics on Twitter because doing so violates the First Amendment....
That's not from The Onion?
shindig

Post by shindig »

Wonder how the workers at Goodyear feel about Trump telling America not to buy their tires because he got his feelings hurt? I bet a lot of those workers on the line voted for him in 2016. Such a POS. The economy is a mess and he's telling people not to buy their product, which are manufactured in America!
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

shindig wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:40 pm Wonder how the workers at Goodyear feel about Trump telling America not to buy their tires because he got his feelings hurt? I bet a lot of those workers on the line voted for him in 2016. Such a POS. The economy is a mess and he's telling people not to buy their product, which are manufactured in America!
Isn't Goodyear the only one of the four major tire companies to produce their tires in America? Seems a bit strange to go after them. But I'm sure they know what they're doing.
shindig

Post by shindig »

chiknbut wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:52 pm
shindig wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:40 pm Wonder how the workers at Goodyear feel about Trump telling America not to buy their tires because he got his feelings hurt? I bet a lot of those workers on the line voted for him in 2016. Such a POS. The economy is a mess and he's telling people not to buy their product, which are manufactured in America!
Isn't Goodyear the only one of the four major tire companies to produce their tires in America? Seems a bit strange to go after them. But I'm sure they know what they're doing.
Goodyear and Cooper tires are the only ones manufactured in the US.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Who in their right mind believes a Goddamned thing he says any more? The right and mind; oxymoron.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

I don't want to stray from the topic at hand here, but I want to say this with full enthusiasm:

FUCK JOE WALSH.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Top Republican National Security Officials Say They Will Vote for Biden

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/20/us/p ... biden.html
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Next week's convention is going to be a white-male-grievance, half-assed shamblesaster-inside-a-clusterfuck.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, I expect all sorts of boogeymanning.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

These conventions seem pretty meaningless to me. The Dems who watched the DNC were voting for Biden no matter what was said by anyone during the DNC. The Pubs who will watch the RNC are voting for Trump no matter what is said by anyone during the RNC.
If someone is undecided and watches both the DNC and the RNC, I would be very interested to know what was said that convinced them to vote one way or the other.

I am a bit surprised the Pubs want to keep harping on what has happened and continues to go on in Democratic run cities. I would think the rebuttal would be these are people who are either fueled by Trump or are anti-Trump and are acting out against him - and this is happening while he's our President. How does Trump being President for 4 more years do anything positive to help squash the problem/s? They will try and explain it but I'm not buying it.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Grandma wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:44 am These conventions seem pretty meaningless to me. The Dems who watched the DNC were voting for Biden no matter what was said by anyone during the DNC. The Pubs who will watch the RNC are voting for Trump no matter what is said by anyone during the RNC.
If someone is undecided and watches both the DNC and the RNC, I would be very interested to know what was said that convinced them to vote one way or the other.

I am a bit surprised the Pubs want to keep harping on what has happened and continues to go on in Democratic run cities. I would think the rebuttal would be these are people who are either fueled by Trump or are anti-Trump and are acting out against him - and this is happening while he's our President. How does Trump being President for 4 more years do anything positive to help squash the problem/s? They will try and explain it but I'm not buying it.
I don't think changing someone's vote was really the point. I think expanding the vote was, and I think it was successful. I think the point was hammered home that no one, in any state, can be complacent.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

sdoyel wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:24 am What did I just watch?

https://twitter.com/cbsthismorning/stat ... 90688?s=21
i don’t think pence even listened to the speakers

i got 1) reality, and 2) hope from everyone i’ve listened to
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Trump’s Cloud of Gossip Has Poisoned America

https://newrepublic.com/article/159021/ ... conspiracy
On one hand, some reporters are trying to shame Trump into acknowledging some denied fact or repudiating some blithely proffered bit of flotsam that he’d plucked from the sludge canals of conservative media. On the other, a president is standing defiant in his murky and misinformed ignorance, insisting both upon what he heard and that no one knows for sure. When Trump gave a similarly vague response to a similarly couched question about the metastatizing online political cult QAnon, which holds that Trump is locked in a secret war with a cabal of elite satan-worshipping pedophiles, it was both similarly empty—Trump rephrased a reporter’s allusion to its spiking popularity by rephrasing it as something he also definitely knew about himself, then added “I don’t know much about the movement other than I understand they like me very much, which I appreciate”—and similarly loaded.

It’s not just that this cycle of offhand umbrage and gilded bluster never goes anywhere; it’s that there’s fundamentally no real place for anything this useless to go. If a question arrives in a way that suggests he should do otherwise, Trump will absolutely give succor to the cultists, who have already committed murders and kidnappings in the name of their janky shared delusion, or humor some cheesy racist canard. It’s all just something interesting he’s passing on–about him, in case you hadn’t heard. He is an expert in it, actually.

It’s not just that the truth doesn’t matter to Trump, although of course it very much does not. All presidents lie, and if few have done it quite as relentlessly or thirstily or with as much unaccountable personal dampness as Trump, he certainly didn’t invent the right to howling, self-serving falsehoods as the ultimate executive privilege. What’s still jarring even this far into his presidency, though, is how unbelievably cheap and checked-out his communication remains. In his role as president of the United States, Trump reliably holds forth with the same po-faced casualness of a lonesome boomer hoisting some confounding eagle-strewn Facebook meme onto his page to an audience of sighing nieces and cringing grandkids.

[...]

Neither abject ignorance nor personal judgment can prevent Trump from weighing in; his inability to sit any topic out is total and helpless. “Thought this was interesting,” Trump idly tells the country he governs a dozen or so times per day before forwarding along a preposterous chain email or sharing a link to some gaudily fraudulent tidbit. It is worrying enough that the president communicates with the urgency and discretion of an elderly relative who signs their text messages. It is more worrying that he is not alone.

[...]

The collapse of shared reality across the online sector over the last decade unfolds every day in just this kind of fudgy, vagued-out language. It occurs through the steady accretion of the terrible, disturbing, utterly unfalsifiable things that some people claim or that you just heard all those things that may or may not be so but that are Worth Hearing and So Interesting—all of which occlude and then obscure the real and demonstrable violence that power visits on us every day. “I thought her voice was an important voice,” Trump said last month when criticized for boosting the spurious medical claims of an erratic Houston doctor and self-trained demonologist, “but I know nothing about her.” It’s a remarkable thing to say, and yet somehow it isn’t.

Then as now, Trump didn’t know anything about any of it—he never does, he never will, he doesn’t care—but he wanted to make sure that everyone else heard about it all the same. When other lonely, wrongheaded or web-damaged people extend the same dubious service to those in their lives, they sometimes attach perfunctory well wishes. The president doesn’t bother with that. As far as he knows, he’s just doing his job.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

The news media’s fear mongering has poisoned America. The democrats fear mongering has brainwashed America.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"