Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Totally random thread

Post by KUTradition »

Statue of Responsibility

dumb, and not just the name
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Was having a lovely morning despite the cloudy gray sky, chilly temperature, and high humidity.
Rode my bike to get a haircut. After that I went to get some corned beef and hard salami at a local "deli" and because I am a regular, they (he) threw in some pastrami for free. Nice.
Rode my bike back home and as I am a block away from my apartment, I see a woman not just tug but FORCIBLY YANK HARD on her dog's collar (via a leash). Dog let out a yelp and looked traumatized. I was pissed. She did it a second time and I lost it. I rode up to her and said....
"What the fuck is wrong with you? Don't do that to your dog"! (I guess I must have assumed it was her dog and she's not a "dog walker").
She told me to "fuck off".
I hesitated. Two wrongs don't make a right, so instead of going off on her I said, "I don't know what's going on with you but I hope you find peace and stop taking out your anger on that sweet dog".
Yep, that's right! This time instead of telling me to "fuck off", she told me, "Go fuck yourself asshole".
I like to think I wouldn't have hit her under any circumstances but if any woman deserves a smack from a man- it was her.
Thankfully I just walked away shaking my head.

Moral of the story is.......?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

This type of study is considered quite weak, but nonetheless, might shine some light on an area that deserves more attention. One huge problem is the extended time component involved. One asset is countries like Sweden that have national health insurance, which creates a wealth of quantifiable information that wouldn't be nearly as accessible otherwise.

Tattoos May Be Risk Factors for Malignant Lymphoma

In the first large study of its kind, tattoos were found to raise the risk for malignant lymphoma by about 20% compared with no tattoos. Tattoo ink often contains carcinogens and, when applied to the skin, triggers an immunologic response.

[...]
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

baby name consultants?

what in the absolute fuck
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:50 pm baby name consultants?

what in the absolute fuck
We had those, only they were called grandparents.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Why should anyone need a consultant when the baby name should obviously and always be Bill Self Jr.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

baby names these days can get pretty far out. so yes. the new crop of new parents absolutely need to consult a consultant.

please consult a consultant before you burden your child with that stupid name.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Gen Zs rename themselves anyway
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I registered to vote here a couple weeks ago. I've been getting a ton of spam calls ever since.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 6:49 pm I registered to vote here a couple weeks ago. I've been getting a ton of spam calls ever since.
That's just wrong. That shouldn't happen after you trying to fulfill a public function like voting.

I expect my texts and phone to blow up because of donations I've made, it has, but that's wrong.

The county/state must be making $ selling the list of registrants, I'd guess.
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I checked the county website. Voter info is public info. So not sure if they are selling it or not.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 7:41 pm I checked the county website. Voter info is public info. So not sure if they are selling it or not.
The wolves are behind by 26 points near the end of the first half, and you're checking "the county website"?

/badfan
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Checked it before tip
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

This made me laugh......

Chicago-style Thin Crust Pizza Forever! (We Don’t Call It %avern-Style)

Chris O'Neill · ·
Made two tonight, to celebrate my son’s 4th grade report card.

Dale Bemis
Did he fail and get held back??

Vince Wright
Damn well hope this pizza taught him a lesson!

Bryan Heimberg
You must really hate that little sht

Manuel Campos
Must’ve failed 😬 yikes

Errol Bergadon
The F is that?

John Bravo
Hope you can find a good tutor

Jeremy Williams
Should’ve stopped at one

David Ryan
how many f’s did he get … damn

Carmine Gulli
Looks like cat turds and scabs
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I seriously doubt you are required to list your phone number on voter registration, so have it removed. Your name and address would be required everywhere, but phone numbers are surely optional. I am one of those people that canvas, and listing a phone number makes it easy for me.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

For real what are this charred oval things on those pizzas?

Used to be olives?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:04 pm For real what are this charred oval things on those pizzas?

Used to be olives?
Olives, prunes, raisins, grapes, dates, apricots, cicadas, your guess is as good as mine.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:55 am I seriously doubt you are required to list your phone number on voter registration, so have it removed. Your name and address would be required everywhere, but phone numbers are surely optional. I am one of those people that canvas, and listing a phone number makes it easy for me.
Yup, optional. Like a moran, I entered mine. I emailed the election staff to see if it can be removed.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:17 pm
DrPepper wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:55 am I seriously doubt you are required to list your phone number on voter registration, so have it removed. Your name and address would be required everywhere, but phone numbers are surely optional. I am one of those people that canvas, and listing a phone number makes it easy for me.
Yup, optional. Like a moran, I entered mine. I emailed the election staff to see if it can be removed.
You give too much!
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

The nice folks down to the election office said that I did not enter my phone number. Someone sold it. The area code for my cell is 913. These are all local calls.
Defense. Rebounds.