republicans have no shame

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: republicans have no shame

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:10 pm yes, there are
And they do get to ask questions of witnesses, correct?

And this is not an official formal impeachment proceeding at the this point, correct?

And there is nothing in the law/Constitution that requires this proceeding to be handled "exactly like in the past", correct?

"Because it was done that way in the past" is almost always a dumb reason to do anything a certain way, especially nearly 20 years later.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:15 pm The naked partisanship is reflected in the fact that everything has, thus far, been done in contravention of precedent and with the explicit aim of denying the minority party any say or stake in the process.
That sounds horrible, who would have written rules that cut out the minority party from calling witnesses and stuff in contravention of precedent? Whomever did that sort of dirty dealing....why it would serve them bastards right if the minority/majority were flipped and they had to abide by those same rules in some sort of karmic smackdown.

Anyway good job good post.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

OH Nooooo! Who could have imagined that?

Why the only fair thing for the Dems to do now would be to change the rules back so that the trumpublicans don't have to play by their own unfair rules.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I can't seem to stop crying for our poor, aggrieved, patriotic, transparent, protectors of processes and procedures, "conservative" republican friends:

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1 ... w">October
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

My guess is somewhere out there God is saying, "leave me the fuck out of this you smarmy asshole".
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Just like Trump’s mentor, Roy Cohn, Lindsey Graham isn’t gay.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Don't have the facts, don't have the law, pound the table.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

But Trey, what about "process", and "procedure", and "transparency?"

https://youtu.be/zKbNd8QJ3JQ?t=240
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:12 pm Don't have the facts, don't have the law, pound the table.
In this case, I uhh...clearly have the facts.

But thanks anyway.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Leawood wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:06 pm Just like Trump’s mentor, Roy Cohn, Lindsey Graham isn’t gay.
This seems like a good/wise line of attack.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Gee, I wonder why DC quotes other people and not the esteemed congressman from the Florida 1st, who led this show for defending Trump?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWyRmsXF5Yc
Don't inject Lysol.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Nice deflect, yeah just one little change. And oh how they are angry about it now.

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/ ... les-115068
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

THE PROCESS!!!!
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

have republicans been entirely left out of interviews, as dems were during benghazi?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

They are there with counsel and are questioning along with everybody else.
Screaming process is a laughable attempt to deflect.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Any chance we can get all the conversation on the impeachment inquiry centralized to the thread about it? It's hard to track which conversation is happening on which thread. This has spread like a bad rash.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:36 am
Nice deflect, yeah just one little change. And oh how they are angry about it now.

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/ ... les-115068
Sorry Japhy, but DC, like Trump and other "conservative" republicans, has no interest in debating "the facts". So either stick to "procedures and process", or take it to the "lulz" thread.

tia:

2015:

Democratic lawmakers are harshly criticizing House Republicans for altering committee rules governing how chairmen can subpoena witnesses and documents.

In a letter shared with POLITICO, the Democrats slams the GOP conference for changing rules on a number of House committees to make it easier for Republicans to subpoena witnesses without consultation or approval from minority lawmakers - an effort that came as Republicans are preparing aggressive oversight efforts for President Barack Obama’s final two years in office...

“For decades, responsible committee chairmen—both Democratic and Republican—recognized that the coercive power of subpoenas should be used only as a last resort, and they obtained the concurrence of the ranking member or called a committee vote before issuing subpoenas,” the lawmakers wrote on Tuesday.

Recently Cummings has sparred with Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), the chairman of the House’s Benghazi Committee over how the GOP lawmakers governing the panel failed to include Democrats in key interviews with witnesses...

At the time, Republican defended the rule change as necessary to effectively investigate the Obama administration...
Anand Giridharadas
Geezer

Post by Geezer »