2020 offseason thread

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

Re: 2020 offseason thread

Post by holidaysmore »

So we avoid the realignment bullet, which I don’t disagree with you guys then at least have a football program that isn’t in the red every year and can carry athletics if need be.

Maybe Ed has learned from his ways and is open to change. Maybe he is still stubborn. I could care less about the donor stuff. Bowen, was buddy buddy with all the donors and look what that got us. The issue is going to be can he recruit and make 17 yr old kids relate to him and the scheme he runs. If he can’t that is the ultimate deal breaker. At least for now the OC hire is going to have to work and work and work and then work some more to dig us out of this whole we have put ourselves in. Is Ed ready for that?

The more I think about this the more it seems like this is a very, very important hire with a lot riding on it.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

seems that has been the case for nearly every KU football hire for the past decade
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:53 amI could care less about the donor stuff. Bowen, was buddy buddy with all the donors and look what that got us.
I agree, but until I cash in all my Gamestop earnings, they are driving this run-down bus.

That said, I was suggesting that perhaps Warinner has butted heads in the past with admin/donors at all the schools he has been at, including those football schools. Could be a reason he hasn't gotten a shot and perhaps a red flag.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:53 am
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:47 am He also doesn't seem to stay anywhere for too long, another red flag.
Yeah that is somewhat true. But position coach assistants usually don't last too long. His longest stops were at Army when he was in about 15 different roles and Ohio State where he was an OC in some capacity for 5 years.
Yeah, but he's been a coordinator for a while, jumping around. Usually guys bounce around from place to place as a Grad Ass to Special Teams coach, to TE coach...and then you settle in for a while as a coordinator.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

His resume and tenure strongly suggest red flags but some how he keeps getting rehired at those schools. When you are tOSU and Michigan you can pick just about anyone you want. When you are KU you get the scraps and do the best you can for hires.

I was 90% in on Ed and now I’m 70 or 80%. I would rather have him compared to someone like a Dearmon.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I hear ya.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Oh I am 100% in on EW being the OC at KU. It's pretty much a KU grand slam given the timing and circumstances.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'm totally in on him as OC.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:03 pm His resume and tenure strongly suggest red flags but some how he keeps getting rehired at those schools. When you are tOSU and Michigan you can pick just about anyone you want. When you are KU you get the scraps and do the best you can for hires.

I was 90% in on Ed and now I’m 70 or 80%. I would rather have him compared to someone like a Dearmon.
I am 100% on him as OC. Give me a guy who has been around the block. We may not need a 10 year coordinator, but someone to continue to bridge the gap, even if it is only 3 years or whatever.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

We just need someone good.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I love that Ed has all of that high level OL coaching experience.

We are terrible there and it has been an issue for a decade, especially recruiting. But I do think it improved over the course of this season and there was a youth movement.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:11 pm I love that Ed has all of that high level OL coaching experience.

We are terrible there and it has been an issue for a decade, especially recruiting. But I do think it improved over the course of this season and there was a youth movement.
A huge youth movement. It will pay off. As long as they continue to recruit HS kids and try to keep the staff somewhat together to keep some continuity.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Mike Debord, is the new name being thrown around. Stops at Michigan and Tennessee. I had zero clue who this guy is.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Slant saying official:

https://twitter.com/JayhawkSlant/status ... 20803?s=20

And just received the email from KU.
Last edited by CrimsonNBlue on Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Grammar schoolmate of Les's?
Deleted User 89

seems to have some chops, at least according to his wiki bio
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Still never heard of the guy but he does have an impressive resume. I wonder if this is the 'softer' people friendly version of Warinner.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

A guy in his mid 60's that Les knows from his UMich days is what we probably should have expected.
Deleted User 89

and because of age, likely not a coach-in-waiting
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I mean. He seems like a dude who knows what he is doing. Tennessee, Michigan, Indiana all as an OC.

Going to be interesting for sure. Wonder what his offenses look like. My guess will be a run focused offense..?