Conspiracies

Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Conspiracies

Post by KUTradition »

a quick google search indicates that many (most? all?) such images are either taken out of context or are entirely “deep fakes”

edit: probably just western propaganda trying control the narrative, right?

(is Aljazeera part of that cabal?)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I guess

I’m tempted to ask, “like who?,” but I’d honestly rather not get into it.

I just think that Ukraine could do itself some favors by distancing themselves from any associations with nazism, rather than continuing with these slip-ups and relying on “but groups other than nazis use these symbols too!”
sorts of explanations.

And please understand, I consider myself more so on the “willing to confront inconvenient info” end of the lobster spectrum. Trust me, I don’t wanna believe Ukraine has a nazi problem either!

BTW Zelensky has since deleted the post, but the screenshots are still out there.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

just google “why are Uktrainian soldiers wearing nazi symbols”

it might be enlightening
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

whoa, Uktrainian…now they’re knocking vinyl chloride off the rails too?

(Just making a joke about the typo)
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

and to be clear, m not at all saying there is zero truth to what you’re implying

i’m just saying it’s likely not as big of an issue as you (or the russians) are trying to make it out to be. as many of us said in the war thread, it’s an intentional distraction put forth by putin…cuz, who doesn’t hate nazis other than nazi sympathizers?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i saw a commercial on the television this morning. the gist was "if your last covid vax was prior to september 2022, it's time for another."
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:35 am whoa, Uktrainian…now they’re knocking vinyl chloride off the rails too?

(Just making a joke about the typo)
big thumbs on an iphone
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, but what’s your wingspan?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

japhy wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:10 am Enrique Tario, Charlie Kirk, Nick Fuentes...how tall are they?

I am just looking for patterns here.
And Rogan O'Handley, how tall is he? After he grew that beard, he looks so rugged.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:43 am Yeah, but what’s your wingspan?
72 inches; too short for the NBA and too long for right wingnut media.

Damn, it sucks to be a tweener.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

You could make up for it by staging the shot in the slouchy chair.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:34 am just google “why are Uktrainian soldiers wearing nazi symbols”

it might be enlightening
I was actually gonna suggest doing a Google search for “Ukraine nazi” with the parameters set to before 2022, to see how western media covered the place prior to the Russian invasion.

But I searched your terms and came up with this 2014 article from NBC, among others:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna198961
Germans were confronted with images of their country’s dark past on Monday night, when German public broadcaster ZDF showed video of Ukrainian soldiers with Nazi symbols on their helmets in its evening newscast…

Minutes before the images were taped, Bogen said he had asked a spokesperson whether the battalion had fascist tendencies. “The reply was: absolutely not, we are just Ukrainian nationalists,” Bogen said.
I guess my question is something like, where is that line drawn between “just” nationalism, and fascism?

And why does such nationalism choose nazi symbols, of all things, to display

Cuz it kinda seems like something along the lines of, “but the third reich isn’t actually fascism, just German nationalists”
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:37 am i saw a commercial on the television this morning. the gist was "if your last covid vax was prior to september 2022, it's time for another."
I saw a "commercial" "on the television" during the Super Bowl. The gist was..... I don't really know what the gist was. What I do know it that we are screwed as a country when supposedly "not for profit" money is being used to manipulate people religiously. I wonder if they realize it's hardly just Jesus who gets THEM and if they truly care how Jesus would feel about THEM. I choose not be included in their "us".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O_H3AUFAVI
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:00 pm
I guess my question is something like, where is that line drawn between “just” nationalism, and fascism?
Watch more Charlie Kirk and Rogan O'Handley, there are probably clues in their rants.

Or find out what makes their fanboys tick. Or maybe something they all have in common, a physical or emotional trait?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:00 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:37 am i saw a commercial on the television this morning. the gist was "if your last covid vax was prior to september 2022, it's time for another."
I saw a "commercial" "on the television" during the Super Bowl. The gist was..... I don't really know what the gist was. What I do know it that we are screwed as a country when supposedly "not for profit" money is being used to manipulate people religiously. I wonder if they realize it's hardly just Jesus who gets THEM and if they truly care how Jesus would feel about THEM. I choose not be included in their "us".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O_H3AUFAVI
They want that younger demographic that is walking away from Christianity to know that it is not all about hate and culture wars. Old people only have so much money to fund the megachurch and private planes, so they need to reach out to another generation. Of course once they get them into the pews the sermons will make the bait and switch clear; it's about the culture wars. But it's $20M they don't have to spend on lobbying to get birth control made illegal so there's a silver lining in there somewhere.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:50 am You could make up for it by staging the shot in the slouchy chair.
Is this show why Tucker has a slouchy chair for guests and lost the bow tie? At 6'-1/2" foot tall ( he claims to be 6"-1", why is that extra 1/2" so important to him?) he still towers over some of his nationalist cohorts but that isn't enough? At least he hasn't resorted to growing facial hair to ensure his appearance is considered manly enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

6’1”, but what’s his wingspan?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:57 pm 6’1”, but what’s his wingspan?
As a rough estimate, 72-1/2 inches is probably pretty close.

Why do women who don't get married or have children trigger these guys?

Is there a feminist agenda that is trying to destroy America? And by "America" do we mean the dominance of male power in our society? Last I checked white men still control the vast majority of the levers of power in this country, and yet there is so much manly fear of replacement out there.

Are vaccines part of this replacement agenda?

I recall reading once that the average male wants a female partner to be 3 inches shorter than him. But the average woman wants a male partner that is 8 inches taller than her. The average woman in the US is 5'-4", the average male is 5'-9". Just an observation.

When did western chauvinism become a thing?

Can we hold the cameras until we get seated?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I think this fits under the definition of conspiracy

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1 ... 78080?s=20
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »