Charges

Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Charges

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:48 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:21 pm They've specifically been trying to get trhmk for like 8 years now. They've specifically targeted the political outsider, while protecting people like the clintons, bush's, biden, the political insiders

Do you not see this? And the danger of this
Your ilk has spent something like twenty cumulative years investigating the Clintons and Bidens, and all you've got are crayon drawings connecting random dots.

If there are facts supporting charges, show the facts and bring the charges...

I would support prosecuting Biden tomorrow - before/during/after Trump's shit is irrelevant - if a grand jury found probable cause that Biden committed crimes.

That has not happened. That has not happened despite how many investigations, governmental and otherwise, your clan (being charitable with that spelling) has conducted.
I think someone mentioned earlier that republicans controlled both houses of congress from 2017-19 while Trump was in office, so if Bill or Hillary, or if Joe while he was VP or Hunter committed crimes, what kept republicans from charging them then? Lack of evidence? They controlled the Justice Dept for 4 years, where are the charges?

It's the same cult of personality state of mind that keeps the people who support Trump's Big Lie from considering that if, indeed, democrats had "stolen" the presidential election in Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin, etc., etc., why wouldn't they have also rigged enough congressional elections in those same 6 states to give themselves more than a 4-vote majority in the house, and a Manchin/Sinema proof majority in the senate? Are they too stupid to see that both would go together, and projecting their ignorance onto dems? Because, if I was evil enough to rig one election in all those states, I wouldn't have ignored the others.

In other words. shut the fuck up, or show us the evidence, rubes.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I guess, like the mainstream media, the FBI, Merrick Garland and the Justice Dept., the CIA and other intelligence services, Dr. Fauci, et al., the entire legal profession is out to get Trump, too.

What a pathetic person Trump must be. Careers are made for lawyers in cases like this, so nobody wanting to take it is beyond telling.

https://twitter.com/DWUhlfelderLaw/stat ... wsrc%5Etfw

Donald Trump spent the day before his historic appearance in federal court scrambling to find a qualified Florida lawyer willing to join his defense team as he faces the Justice Department’s first prosecution of a former president.

After touching down in Miami on Monday, Trump spent the afternoon interviewing prospective lawyers and meeting with his legal team, along with other top advisers, to discuss the case, in which he is accused of mishandling classified documents and obstructing the government’s efforts to retrieve them, according to people familiar with the sessions. Several prominent Florida attorneys declined to take Trump on as a client after two of the key lawyers handling the documents matter — Jim Trusty and John Rowley — resigned last week, according to people familiar with the matter.

Trusty and Rowley’s departure was sudden and unexpected, leaving Trump jockeying to identify a lawyer ahead of his Tuesday appearance in federal court in Miami, where rules require practicing attorneys to be a member in good standing of the Florida bar or to be sponsored by one before appearing. Veteran Florida litigator Christopher Kise, who joined the team in the fall and has an extensive network in the Florida bar, has led the search for a lawyer and cast a seemingly wide net in the state. Kise declined to comment...
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:34 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:48 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:21 pm They've specifically been trying to get trhmk for like 8 years now. They've specifically targeted the political outsider, while protecting people like the clintons, bush's, biden, the political insiders

Do you not see this? And the danger of this
Your ilk has spent something like twenty cumulative years investigating the Clintons and Bidens, and all you've got are crayon drawings connecting random dots.

If there are facts supporting charges, show the facts and bring the charges...

I would support prosecuting Biden tomorrow - before/during/after Trump's shit is irrelevant - if a grand jury found probable cause that Biden committed crimes.

That has not happened. That has not happened despite how many investigations, governmental and otherwise, your clan (being charitable with that spelling) has conducted.
I think someone mentioned earlier that republicans controlled both houses of congress from 2017-19 while Trump was in office, so if Bill or Hillary, or if Joe while he was VP or Hunter committed crimes, what kept republicans from charging them then? Lack of evidence? They controlled the Justice Dept for 4 years, where are the charges?

It's the same cult of personality state of mind that keeps the people who support Trump's Big Lie from considering that if, indeed, democrats had "stolen" the presidential election in Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin, etc., etc., why wouldn't they have also rigged enough congressional elections in those same 6 states to give themselves more than a 4-vote majority in the house, and a Manchin/Sinema proof majority in the senate? Are they too stupid to see that both would go together, and projecting their ignorance onto dems? Because, if I was evil enough to rig one election in all those states, I wouldn't have ignored the others.

In other words. shut the fuck up, or show us the evidence, rubes.
Biden is Schrödinger’s Delawarean. Simultaneously too old, doddering and senile to be president, and yet also a criminal mastermind capable of dodging decades of investigations into his family (along with something like a dozen high stakes national elections).
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Knowing your client is guilty. He was caught in the act. He has several co-conspirators testifying against him. He was on tape sharing war plans. Several key documents look like they were sold and are missing. Client also goes public saying it isn't a crime if he does it and threatening law enforcement like a Marvel Comic villain. And notoriously does not pay. And gets lawyers disbarred for the criminal acts exception as their internal memos become evidence. Dream client.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:50 pm Knowing your client is guilty. He was caught in the act. He has several co-conspirators testifying against him. He was on tape sharing war plans. Several key documents look like they were sold and are missing. Client also goes public saying it isn't a crime if he does it and threatening law enforcement like a Marvel Comic villain. And notoriously does not pay. And gets lawyers disbarred for the criminal acts exception as their internal memos become evidence. Dream client.
Lawyers take on losers (cases; clients; causes) all the time. There are things that are different about this, though. Yes, the money…Trump famously doesn’t pay.

But Trump is now so toxic and so extreme that there’s not even a career leveling-up to be had by losing. You become a hero and a martyr in the eyes of…which prospective clients actually?

And that’s if you’re lucky.

More likely, you’ll lose (see above), AND Trump will publicly blame you for it. And then you have no money, no improved prospects, no reputation…and a horde of MAGAs who might actually hurt you or your family.

Hard pass.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Schrödinger’s Delawarean - apt description!!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Guess who’s in federal custody!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:56 pm Guess who’s in federal custody!
Speak truthfully.

If you (ous, anyone else) had been told on June 13, 2016 (four months before Election Day), that Trump would be in federal custody on this day...how close would you have come to nailing the what/why?

What if we move the date back to June 13, 2017 (eight months AFTER Election Day)?

I wouldn't have been remotely close on 6/13/2016...but I think I'd be somewhere in the ballpark a year later.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Russia Russia Russia ran pretty hot in 2016-7. I was hoping the NSA would simply round him up and leave us with Mother in charge. Look at boards here. All except for the daft rubes were calling it.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:22 am
Sparko wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:50 pm Knowing your client is guilty. He was caught in the act. He has several co-conspirators testifying against him. He was on tape sharing war plans. Several key documents look like they were sold and are missing. Client also goes public saying it isn't a crime if he does it and threatening law enforcement like a Marvel Comic villain. And notoriously does not pay. And gets lawyers disbarred for the criminal acts exception as their internal memos become evidence. Dream client.
Lawyers take on losers (cases; clients; causes) all the time. There are things that are different about this, though. Yes, the money…Trump famously doesn’t pay.

But Trump is now so toxic and so extreme that there’s not even a career leveling-up to be had by losing. You become a hero and a martyr in the eyes of…which prospective clients actually?

More likely, you’ll lose (see above), AND Trump will publicly blame you for it. And then you have no money, no improved prospects, no reputation…and a horde of MAGAs who might actually hurt you or your family.

Hard pass.
Today he has even gone back to the OJ planted evidence defense which mean he acknowledges the classified documents recovery was valid. Genius.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:11 pm Russia Russia Russia ran pretty hot in 2016-7. I was hoping the NSA would simply round him up and leave us with Mother in charge. Look at boards here. All except for the daft rubes were calling it.
That's sort of what I'm saying. If I had to guess in 2017, I would have guessed some sort of self-dealing involving Russia. And this may not really be SO far off, when all the ink dries.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:14 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:22 am

Hard pass.
Today he has even gone back to the OJ planted evidence defense which mean he acknowledges the classified documents recovery was valid. Genius.
He's dead to rights on the facts and on the law. His only hope - and it's not out of the question, perhaps not even a long shot - rests with some combination of (1) the judge tips the scales, and (2) at least one rube makes it through voir dire.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:15 pm
Sparko wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:11 pm Russia Russia Russia ran pretty hot in 2016-7. I was hoping the NSA would simply round him up and leave us with Mother in charge. Look at boards here. All except for the daft rubes were calling it.
That's sort of what I'm saying. If I had to guess in 2017, I would have guessed some sort of self-dealing involving Russia. And this may not really be SO far off, when all the ink dries.
Took him a few days to get his hands on critical defense classified documents. But we all knew he was basically the Manchurian Orange BBQ candidate
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Today In: Fascist Pieces of Shit:

Here’s JD Vance threatening to hold up all DOJ appointees until Merrick Garland stops… investigating donald trump.
But do go on about the Democrats and ‘weaponization of the federal government’ won’t you.

https://twitter.com/4a_of/status/166870 ... wsrc%5Etfw
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

One of the days on my BINGO card that I can't wait for is, "Trump finally realizes how fucked he is, and offers to turn over all documents in exchange for a dismissal, and the DOJ says 'nah fam'".
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

In case anyone is counting, there are now 71 felony counts against TFG.
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:19 pm As soon as trumps prosecution is done with, do you support prosecuting biden?

Is this justice or politics
If I see some sort of real evidence that he has committed a crime? Yes.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:45 pm In case anyone is counting, there are now 71 felony counts against TFG.
And of course all of this is prelude.