Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Cascadia »

Harris will obliterate Pence.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:32 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:21 am
jhawks99 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:00 am He didn't say anything to alienate his base. Maybe he could get some swing voters to buy the BS. No loose situation for him.

Have the debates been scheduled? Would not surprise me if there are none this go-round.
It's not possible to alienate his base. They are not listening at all and don't care. The more evidence they are provided, the more they dig their heels in.

But everyone who isn't his base saw the disaster that it was. He is completely unfit to be our President and has no legitimate answers on how to fix anything.
The problem is that Trump is not smart. Take his continued crowing about approval rating within the Republican party, and his open malaise about expanding his base.

He hears some people cheering for him - millions of people! - and think that means everyone. It does not.

There's a reason his enablers (foreign and domestic) are trying so hard to game the election. He will get blasted into hell in a fair election, because he had no margin for error in winning the last one, and he has only lost support since then.
He has proven that he actually does represent a large subsection of his base in that he also has no interest in learning anything new and in that he doesn't practice what he preaches.

Trump thinks his gut is always right just as many on the right think that the church is always right.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Agree - and that's exactly why other, smarter people are pulling a lot of wacky shit to game the voting.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:54 am Agree - and that's exactly why other, smarter people are pulling a lot of wacky shit to game the voting.
Yep. If everyone eligible to vote actually voted then the Republican Party would not be relevant on the national stage. They are left with trickery, gerrymandering and voter suppression.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:23 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:54 am Agree - and that's exactly why other, smarter people are pulling a lot of wacky shit to game the voting.
Yep. If everyone eligible to vote actually voted then the Republican Party would not be relevant on the national stage. They are left with trickery, gerrymandering and voter suppression.
Probably included in trickery, but: also knowing, outright lies to particularly-vulnerable groups.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:47 am just as many on the right think that the church is always right.
There are A LOT of extremely religious people on the left. I am not sure why you constantly bring religion into random discussions as some negative trait.....many minorities are some of the most religious groups in our country. And guess who the dems need to show up and vote so they can beat trump...minorities.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:37 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:47 am just as many on the right think that the church is always right.
There are A LOT of extremely religious people on the left. I am not sure why you constantly bring religion into random discussions as some negative trait.....many minorities are some of the most religious groups in our country. And guess who the dems need to show up and vote so they can beat trump...minorities.
I have no problem with religion. What I have a problem with is religion being the basis for legislation. If you want The Bible to guide your life, that's fine but keep it out of legislation. I do not want to live under the rules of a religion that I did not choose.

And there's only one side that is trying to make The Bible part of of the rules of our nation.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Just got an email from my employer that they will NOT be participating in Trump's program to defer employee taxes. "The complexity of the program and the financial implications for employees outweigh any short-term benefit."

Thank goodness. I continue to be thrilled with how my employer has handled things in 2020.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:54 am Just got an email from my employer that they will NOT be participating in Trump's program to defer employee taxes. "The complexity of the program and the financial implications for employees outweigh any short-term benefit."

Thank goodness. I continue to be thrilled with how my employer has handled things in 2020.
Same here.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:48 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:37 pm
I have no problem with religion. What I have a problem with is religion being the basis for legislation. If you want The Bible to guide your life, that's fine but keep it out of legislation. I do not want to live under the rules of a religion that I did not choose.

And there's only one side that is trying to make The Bible part of of the rules of our nation.
And you're starting to see the most dangerous guy on that side flexing his muscles. The words "clear and present danger" get thrown around a lot these days...
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Trump is now either whitewash history, or just ignore America's original sin. Also, no way an EO can be binding here

https://www.axios.com/trump-1619-projec ... 68222.html

Trump says he will sign executive order on "patriotic education" in rebuke of 1619 project
President Trump said he would sign an executive order on Thursday to "promote patriotic education" through an effort called the 1776 Commission, while denouncing a New York Times' project that investigated the impacts of racial injustice for Black Americans.

The big picture: The 1619 project dug into the personal histories of Black Americans in the U.S. who have faced present-day systematic inequality in housing and farming, as well as how the legacy of slavery altered health care access for Black Americans and fueled the country's early economy.

Driving the news: Trump threatened to cut federal funding for California schools earlier this month if they taught the 1619 Project. Earlier this month, Trump directed his OMB director to issue a memo ordering government agencies to halt critical race theory trainings, referring to them as “un-American propaganda training sessions," Axios' Alayna Treene reports.

What he's saying: "The left has warped, distorted and defiled the American story with deceptions, falsehoods, and lies. There is no better example than the New York Times' totally discredited 1619 Project," Trump said on Thursday.

"This project rewrites American history to teach our children that we were founded on the principle of oppression, not freedom. Nothing could be further from the truth. America's founding set in motion the unstoppable chain of events that abolished slavery, secured civil rights, defeated Communism and fascism and built the most fair, equal, and prosperous nation in human history."
One level deeper: “The federal government, the Department of Education, does not have a role in a national curriculum," Education Secretary Betsy DeVos said on Thursday while praising the 1776 Unites curriculum, conservatives' direct response to the 1619 Project, per Politico.

"Curriculum is best left to the states and local districts at local education agencies, but we can talk about curriculum that actually honors and respects our history and embraces all of the parts of our history and continues to build on that," she said.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

those who don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I assume Trump is capable of understanding that Woodward wouldn't write about something in the book that happened AFTER the book was published. Maybe he's not?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 7423605760
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I am counting about 265 million tired Trump haters right now.
Deleted User 289

Someone who was "peaceful" got shot by a rubber bullet and Trump feels it is/was "the most beautiful thing" - "a beautiful sight".

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/ ... 5796135942
Deleted User 289

Deleted User 289

This morning's edition of "Cocksucker says what"?

The irony will be if/when the asshole gets assassinated by some gun nut who uses something like an AR-17.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 4497368064

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 6491075586

Quadruple my taxes? I thought Trump was a businessman? If so, he's one who doesn't comprehend basic math.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 3561468934
Deleted User 310

sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73