Contributor

Re: Who is the GOAT

Post by InfiniteJ »

LeBron loved the idea last year.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Last year was a season paused by a pandemic.

No reason ( sides $$$ ) to keep a playin game.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

pdub wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:02 pm Last year was a season paused by a pandemic.

No reason ( sides $$$ ) to keep a playin game.
He'd still love it if the Lakers weren't on the verge of playing in it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I just think he wouldn’t care enough to be vocal about it.

A number of players/coaches/gms have complained about it.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:45 pm I just think he wouldn’t care enough to be vocal about it.

Most players dislike it.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:32 pm
pdub wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:45 pm I just think he wouldn’t care enough to be vocal about it.

Most players dislike it.
There are 450 NBA players, do you have evidence of 226 players disliking the playoff play-in scenario?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

For me, unless you are adding more teams to the league, any watering down of the playoff field is meh.

Happening in NFL and MLB too. Happened in NCAA. It minimizes the regular season.

An ideal for me would be closer to the top third of the league in the playoffs. For 30ish type leagues, 10 to 12 teams.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:14 am For me, unless you are adding more teams to the league, any watering down of the playoff field is meh.

Happening in NFL and MLB too. Happened in NCAA. It minimizes the regular season.

An ideal for me would be closer to the top third of the league in the playoffs. For 30ish type leagues, 10 to 12 teams.
I think the main reason the league did it is to prevent tanking in as many teams as possible.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I personally can't wait for this play-in tournament; good teams/great players involved in a few win-or-go home games is something to look forward to.
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

It's laughable to me that people feel the "play in" is unfair to the 7th and 8th seeds. Laughable because to the best of my limited knowledge a 7 and/or 8 seed has never won a Championship anyways.
If those 7 and 8 seeds are so fearful of losing to a 9 or 10 seed, I present to them......

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/stat ... 7809105931
Deleted User 863

Jimmy B is hilarious
Deleted User 880

Best part of the video besides Rose hitting the game winner = LeBron leaving me hanging. LOL!

https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1 ... 9902838786
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Who is the GOAT? Three words: Larry Joe Bird.
#endofthread
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Deleted User 880

Happy birthday to Danny Manning. The Jayhawk GOAT?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

MJ23 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:08 am Happy birthday to Danny Manning. The Jayhawk GOAT?
Apparently you've never heard of someone named Tyler Self:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIqSWudJUVM
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

that's freaking gold. goat post.
Deleted User 863

Lebron doing GOAT things last night in a *cough* play in game.
Deleted User 880

I fell asleep about 3-4 minutes in the to 4th Quarter. Felt the Lakers were going to find a way to win what I felt was a poorly played game by both teams.
What I didn't see/read/hear was what happened after the King hit the shot.
Seems there were more than 50 seconds left in the game. I can only assume the Warriors must have missed some shots. Let me guess, even though there was plenty of time and they didn't need to shoot a 3, they chucked up a 3 right away and missed. Then the Lakers got the ball back and missed a dumb/bad shot. Then the Warriors got the ball back with under 24 seconds and missed another 3 that this time they had to take because the game was going to end in a second or two. Am I right?
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

MJ23 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:49 am I fell asleep about 3-4 minutes in the to 4th Quarter. Felt the Lakers were going to find a way to win what I felt was a poorly played game by both teams.
What I didn't see/read/hear was what happened after the King hit the shot.
Seems there were more than 50 seconds left in the game. I can only assume the Warriors must have missed some shots. Let me guess, even though there was plenty of time and they didn't need to shoot a 3, they chucked up a 3 right away and missed. Then the Lakers got the ball back and missed a dumb/bad shot. Then the Warriors got the ball back with under 24 seconds and missed another 3 that this time they had to take because the game was going to end in a second or two. Am I right?
Warriors didn't even get a shot up at the end. Turned it over with about 3 seconds left.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »