Site Admin

Re: Mahomie

Post by pdub »

"Took away the run".
Seattle had 210 yards on the ground.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:51 pm Chiefs took away the run. Wilson was hitting well covered guys. Defensive holding calls all went one way. The key run that Wilson made should have been called back for sure too.
Seattle ran for 210 yards but OK.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

twocoach wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:52 pm
Sparko wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:46 pm I thought the defense was okay. Wilson made some incredible throws. A couple of calls go the right way, KC wins it. But Seattle played pretty much mistake free. Save for Sea Bass.
Defense fucking sucked. A zillion completions where no defender was within 5 yards. Never even threatened to stop them.
In the first half maybe. Really hard to stop the pass in the NFL right now.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Seahawks had 200+ rushing ain't playing well against the run
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Tough to stop the run and not open up. passing. Wilson outplayed Mahomes tonight. And those fumbles wete killers.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:53 pm
twocoach wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:52 pm
Sparko wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:46 pm I thought the defense was okay. Wilson made some incredible throws. A couple of calls go the right way, KC wins it. But Seattle played pretty much mistake free. Save for Sea Bass.
Defense fucking sucked. A zillion completions where no defender was within 5 yards. Never even threatened to stop them.
In the first half maybe. Really hard to stop the pass in the NFL right now.
KC had good coverage on a couple of dimes that Wilson completed anyways. Doesnt mean we weren't hot garbage the majority of the game. We were.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't see how you keep a defensive coordinator in the offseason who leads literally ( by ranking in yards per game ) the worst unit in the NFL.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:55 pm Seahawks had 200+ rushing ain't playing well against the run
Wilson had two long scrambles. One on an obvious hold. Seattle ain’t Buffalo.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

The Bengals game was the last game I could remember where the defense looked great. After that, no matter how great the offense looked you knew that at some point the defense would get exposed. Then it happened. Then all you heard was wait till Berry gets back. Well he has back and he hasn’t made a difference. Who knows if he can even play a full game.
I wanted to believe that Mahomes could overcome this defense but I just don’t see it happening. Not against potentially the Colts, Ravens, Texans, Chargers or Pats.
I pray Chiefs fans don’t look back at 2018 as the year we wasted one of the single greatest regular seasons by a QB.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Wilson didn't outplay Mahomes.
If Mahomes had Seattle's defense he would have won 31-20.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd prefer the Ravens out of all of them.
Subpar offense.
I'll take Mahomes against that top notch defense again.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

And I just watched the Saints shred Pitt. And the Eagles shred Houston. The officiating has a lot to do with extending drives across the league. The team is down some defenders, no doubt. And Sutton was terrible on third down schemes for sure.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:59 pm Wilson didn't outplay Mahomes.
If Mahomes had Seattle's defense he would have won 31-20.
Mahomes played a terrible first quarter. Missed a TD and made some mistaken reads. And that was it.
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

Sparko wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:02 pm And I just watched the Saints shred Pitt. And the Eagles shred Houston. The officiating has a lot to do with extending drives across the league. The team is down some defenders, no doubt. And Sutton was terrible on third down schemes for sure.
You could of just stopped at Sutton is terrible lol
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Mahomes is going to have to be perfect to win out. No other way. Not fair to him but he can’t afford to have a first half like he had today. Things will get better with watkins back but moving forward this offense is going to have to do it all.
Before the Chiefs had a margin to play with. Now they have ZERO.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Just stomp the Raiders next week.
I think we'll be seeing Rivers again.
I'd like another rematch with him - I don't think ( or i hope ) he'd be gifted the game in the end again.
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

You can't keep playing man coverage when your guys can't stay with their man. His blitzes weren't getting there. He's predictable and how come none of his DB's ever seem to get better year to year? Our young corners looked absolutely horrible.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

We knew going into the season the schedule was awful. And the defense isn’t fully manned. They rolled the dice and are still a win away from the number one seed. Lost three road games to good playoff teams. I don’t know what Sutton can do with the corners we have. Fuller injured too. The defense needed to generate a turnover and could not. Otherwise, it was about what you expect. A call or two not being made or called correctly, the Chiefs could have won. Zero margin for error. Hate typing on a phone. Grr
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

columbusdjkc wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:06 pm You can't keep playing man coverage when your guys can't stay with their man. His blitzes weren't getting there. He's predictable and how come none of his DB's ever seem to get better year to year? Our young corners looked absolutely horrible.
That has been by number complaint of Sutton. He puts guys in bad spots. Bring a guy off of the street and then ask him to guard Gronk one on one. Sorenson against the Rams. Scandrick against, well everyone. Essentially opposing teams know they can get matches where ever they want them because his corners don’t travel. You have rookie corners trying to defend Baldwin that is almost a guarantee for a penalty or TD.

That is the defense and everyone knows that. IMO it is wasted breath. They aren’t getting better. More concerning to me is the offensive trend. Six first half possessions and two turnovers, couple punts and one TD. First half of the season they averaged 30+ and the back half it is now some where in the mid 20s.
The defense is to blame (and most of it) but so is the offense.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

In defense of Sutton, management is not giving him the tools. I understand the frustration. In the final analysis, you must have the tools. The secondary is not there. That's not Sutton's fault. He threw everything he had at them. At times it worked. The professionals need to tackle. Wilson is a fire hydrant. Frustrating. Worried about Hill's health.