COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
twocoach

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:23 am it's ok for you to do what you want. but it is not ok for others to do what they want. got it.
No one said it's not OK. Just that it was riskier than we were comfortable with and more likely to result in COVID spread than not having the event in a state where they are already having a huge spike in cases thanks to certain local communities with low vaccination rates and minimal care taken to reduce the spread of COVID.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

trust me, i understand where the elite are coming from.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:15 am But honestly, when AFH opens I will be packing my ass in there, wearing a mask and crossing my fingers. And if anyone in front of me yells at me for yelling for the Jayhawks, they can kiss my ass and go home where they are more comfortable.
The irony in this post...man. but thanks for coming out and saying it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:34 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:15 am But honestly, when AFH opens I will be packing my ass in there, wearing a mask and crossing my fingers. And if anyone in front of me yells at me for yelling for the Jayhawks, they can kiss my ass and go home where they are more comfortable.
The irony in this post...man. but thanks for coming out and saying it.
Have I been calling others out since vaccines went out for gathering in indoor events? If not then it's not ironic; it's just you making more dumb assumptions.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Overlander wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:24 am I still wear a mask, and avoid large groups

This shit isn't over. Not by a long shot
^^^^^^^^^^
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:09 pm
randylahey wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:42 pm People need to be more realistic about covid. Its going to exist and going to spread. Accept it. The vaccines don't stop it. Now let's quit flushing our country down the drain in the name of "covid safety"
What is it that is "going down the drain"?
Peoples mental health. The economy. Inflation is ridiculous right now. Suicide rates are up. Overdose rates are up. And not to mention government trying to regulate and control everything
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:56 am What is it that is "going down the drain"?
Peoples mental health. The economy. Inflation is ridiculous right now. Suicide rates are up. Overdose rates are up. And not to mention government trying to regulate and control everything
[/quote]

the elite told me none of that is true. it has nothing to do with the fungus. none of that has to do with the current administration. it would be 10 times worse if the current administration were not in power.

that is what they told me.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:42 am
TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:27 am at least we can count on mich to demonstrate his ignorance on a daily basis
Our government/s and the CDC pretty much demonstrate their ignorance on a daily basis too.
My issue is that there are too many unknowns and too many misleading things being said and done - and not done.
Why is to ok to have Lollapalooza, Garth Brooks, Sturgis, etc., but it's not ok to have events such as an outdoor music fest in SF and Jazz Fest in NO?
I will say that everything is on a gradient somewhere. I suppose the Garth show is less bad than Sturgis or Jazz Fest etc., because the natural ancillary activities are not indoors.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:56 am
randylahey wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:42 pm People need to be more realistic about covid. Its going to exist and going to spread. Accept it. The vaccines don't stop it. Now let's quit flushing our country down the drain in the name of "covid safety"
The economy seems to be doing better than "down the drain". But whatever.

Stats seem to be showing that suicide deaths were actually lower in 2020 than in 2019. I was surprised given all the screaming about it by anti-mask loons.
https://apnews.com/article/pandemics-su ... c040b2ae81

Overdoses are growing but we have been outside of the vast majority of covid protocols for many, many months now. The rapid growth of synthetic opioid deaths was a problem before the pandemic and remains a problem.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:50 am
Overlander wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:24 am I still wear a mask, and avoid large groups

This shit isn't over. Not by a long shot
^^^^^^^^^^
Same. Not worth it.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:03 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:27 am at least we can count on mich to demonstrate his ignorance on a daily basis
Our government/s and the CDC pretty much demonstrate their ignorance on a daily basis too.
My issue is that there are too many unknowns and too many misleading things being said and done - and not done.
Why is to ok to have Lollapalooza, Garth Brooks, Sturgis, etc., but it's not ok to have events such as an outdoor music fest in SF and Jazz Fest in NO?
I will say that everything is on a gradient somewhere. I suppose the Garth show is less bad than Sturgis or Jazz Fest etc., because the natural ancillary activities are not indoors.
Lolla was bad just from the pics. I suppose everyone was vaccinated, but what a cluster. But, what made it even worse was seeing the "L" absolutely packed.
Deleted User 89

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:14 pm

Lolla was bad just from the pics. I suppose everyone was vaccinated, but what a cluster. But, what made it even worse was seeing the "L" absolutely packed.
this idea that so many were vaccinated is hilarious

the organizers tweeted 90%, with no hard data to back it up. they didn’t keep tabs, and only actually screened a fraction of the whole for proof of vaccine or negative test

given the demographic, i’d be surprised if half were actually vaxxed or had a negative test
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I seem to hear no one screaming "they shouldn't have had Lollapalooza, how dare they!" and instead I hear "that isn't something that I am comfortable in doing yet (or ever)".

Which seems to be the exact personal choice that The Right is screaming for.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:18 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:14 pm

this idea that so many were vaccinated is hilarious

the organizers tweeted 90%, with no hard data to back it up. they didn’t keep tabs, and only actually screened a fraction of the whole for proof of vaccine or negative test

given the demographic, i’d be surprised if half were actually vaxxed or had a negative test
Oh I absolutely agree.

Just from their standpoint, the tweeted information was about all they could do without being properly armed with a proper vax passport.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:29 pm Just from their standpoint, the tweeted information was about all they could do without being properly armed with a proper vax passport.
i have one. every person that is vaxxed has one.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

You have a what?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

proof of vaxx.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

OK. That's not what I was referring to.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:56 am
Actually, and surprisingly, suicide rates declined during the pandemic.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8110323/

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/f ... vp210048t1
Last edited by PhDhawk on Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

facts, shmacts...mr. know-it-all