The Worst People in the World...

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: The Worst People in the World...

Post by pdub »

It was in the Officers Killing People of Color thread over on dotnet.
That website is long gone.
If I could login to kusports.com i'm sure I could find something but those three incidents, particularly the Tulsa shooting, I remember arguing that there was video evidence of an unarmed man being shot, and that they searched the vehicle and there was no weapon, and you were still saying let's not rush to judgement, there's not enough evidence.

The officer was of course, cleared of wrong doing, b/c the police won't police themselves.

It could happen again here, where an officer had his knee on this man's neck for maybe ten minutes, even after he had stopped resisting arrest.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Having a nice day DC?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:32 pm
Feral wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:06 pm your reaction to the tweet was so over the top, it's hard to not reply.

You’re unhinged that ”…shitty partisan hacks like Ben Rhodes politicize and weaponize the virus…”
Speaking of rich, I responded to your tweet of Rhodes with this:

You know what else they don't do in South Korea? Hire failed novelists whose brothers run a network news department to serve as senior foreign policy advisers.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that that was "so over the top" or "unhinged." That's pure, rote, common-knowledge mockery of Rhodes.

You must be a very delicate thing.
Wow. Sad. And kind of worrisome. Maybe take a break, and call your doctor?

Here's what you posted:

Ah. I see.

You're under the misimpression that I care what "you" think.

My apologies for whatever I did that gave you that mistaken idea.

In truth, I care when shitty partisan hacks like Ben Rhodes politicize and weaponize the virus, just as some posters on this board care when shitty partisan hacks like Donald Trump do the same.

I'd say I don't care what you think, but I don't actually know what you think. I know a helluva lot about what Miss Betty Bowers and muh Aaron Rupar think, but I'm not even sure you have thoughts about this or anything else.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:12 pm Having a nice day DC?
I was until until PDub became a cunt.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:23 pm
Feral wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:06 pm your reaction to the tweet was so over the top, it's hard to not reply.

You’re unhinged that ”…shitty partisan hacks like Ben Rhodes politicize and weaponize the virus…”

You know what else they don't do in South Korea? Hire failed novelists whose brothers run a network news department to serve as senior foreign policy advisers.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that that was "so over the top" or "unhinged." That's pure, rote, common-knowledge mockery of Rhodes.

Here's what you posted:

Ah. I see.

In truth, I care when shitty partisan hacks like Ben Rhodes politicize and weaponize the virus, just as some posters on this board care when shitty partisan hacks like Donald Trump do the same.

I'd say I don't care what you think, but I don't actually know what you think. I know a helluva lot about what Miss Betty Bowers and muh Aaron Rupar think, but I'm not even sure you have thoughts about this or anything else.
Ummm...did you hit your head?

I know you're not stoopid.

Are you playing it on TV?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

pdub wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:45 pm It was in the Officers Killing People of Color thread over on dotnet.
That website is long gone.
If I could login to kusports.com i'm sure I could find something but those three incidents, particularly the Tulsa shooting, I remember arguing that there was video evidence of an unarmed man being shot, and that they searched the vehicle and there was no weapon, and you were still saying let's not rush to judgement, there's not enough evidence.

The officer was of course, cleared of wrong doing, b/c the police won't police themselves.

It could happen again here, where an officer had his knee on this man's neck for maybe ten minutes, even after he had stopped resisting arrest.
you were still saying let's not rush to judgement, there's not enough evidence.

You understand that what you're saying here is that I was reasonable and you were hysterical, right? I mean you get that, don't you?

Also, fuck you.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:25 pm
Feral wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:23 pm

Here's what you posted:

Ah. I see.

Ummm...did you hit your head?

I know you're not stoopid.

Are you playing it on TV?
Go try your tired schtick on somebody else, you "shitty partisan hack".

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:04 pm
pdub wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:58 am He killed that man.
There is no way around that.
He killed him.

The man was handcuffed on the ground and he pressed his knee against his neck until he died.
Right.

And I'm saying that he did so because he was taught to do something similar but not taught well enough, which means that his department put him in a bad position and IT bears the brunt of the responsibility.
Do you actually know that or are you just assuming that must be the case?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:32 pm
Go try your tired schtick on somebody else, you "shitty partisan hack".

For fuck's sake. I have THREE replies between the Rhodes tweet and the reply you quote. And three of your replies to me.

Talk about gaslighting. Honestly. I'm worried about your well-being.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:34 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:04 pm
pdub wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:58 am He killed that man.
There is no way around that.
He killed him.

The man was handcuffed on the ground and he pressed his knee against his neck until he died.
Right.

And I'm saying that he did so because he was taught to do something similar but not taught well enough, which means that his department put him in a bad position and IT bears the brunt of the responsibility.
Do you actually know that or are you just assuming that must be the case?
You could read the other posts in the thread if you wanted to.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:32 pm Go try your tired schtick on somebody else, you "shitty partisan hack".
Also...I mean...lulz.

THAT post of mine came more than 20 minutes after you melted down and screeched about me being an aSShoLe on the politics board.

Unhinged alright.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If you can't tell by the video released ( currently released - we don't need more than what is there - his knee is on that man's neck for several minutes before AND after the man goes unconscious ) that the officer did so much wrong and should at least be fired from his job as an officer because he killed someone who was restrained and didn't need to, then for me, something is wrong with you.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I would charge the officer with manslaughter.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

his knee is on that man's neck for several minutes before AND after the man goes unconscious

Yes. And that was both unnecessary and deadly.

the officer did so much wrong and should at least be fired from his job as an officer

Please, in detail, explain to me every step of the "so much" that he did wrong. And we already agree that it was wrong for his knee to be on the guy's neck, so don't bother with that part.

Once you've done that, if you could clarify for me what he SHOULD have done, by department policy, instead of the "so much" that he did wrong, I'd appreciate that.

Also, fuck you.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Give him a chance, after he starts saying multiple times that he cannot breathe, to stay still, so release pressure on his neck. He is handcuffed and on the ground. You have two officers there.

Speak to him, tell him you will release the pressure on his neck ( or as you said, don't apply pressure to his neck at all but his head, or i've seen officers do it to the back as well ) but will apply it again if he continues to struggle. Wait until more officers arrive. When they do, try to get him into the police car on his own. If he won't, you have multiple officers who can help do so.

What you don't do is continue to squeeze down on his neck.
What you don't do is continue to squeeze down on his neck AFTER he stops moving.
What you don't do is continue to squeeze down on his neck AFTER he stops moving for several minutes.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

pdub wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:02 pm I would charge the officer with manslaughter.
The 4 officers on the scene have been fired.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

pdub wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:12 pm Give him a chance, after he starts saying multiple times that he cannot breathe, to stay still, so release pressure on his neck. He is handcuffed and on the ground. You have two officers there.

Speak to him, tell him you will release the pressure on his neck ( or as you said, don't apply pressure to his neck at all but his head, or i've seen officers do it to the back as well ) but will apply it again if he continues to struggle. Wait until more officers arrive. When they do, try to get him into the police car on his own. If he won't, you have multiple officers who can help do so.

What you don't do is continue to squeeze down on his neck.
What you don't do is continue to squeeze down on his neck AFTER he stops moving.
What you don't do is continue to squeeze down on his neck AFTER he stops moving for several minutes.
Yeah. I'm not sure if you got this when you were typing it out, but typing the same phrase over and over tends to indicate that you are saying the same thing over and over. Incidentally, that's the point that has long been conceded.

Police spokesman John Elder told the Star Tribune that the restraint technique using Chauvin’s knee was not part of the department’s training.

No shit?

I'm curious to see what else the department/city knows that we don't. Firing all four suggests that the knee on the neck was not the only thing that was wrong with the stop/arrest.

Also, fuck you.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:05 pm
pdub wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:02 pm At the least, he should not be able to return to his job as a police officer for a very long time.
And it shouldn't be suspended with pay - it should be kicked out entirely and maybe don't kill people at your next job.
Maybe.

But this isn't anywhere near as clear cut as you make it seem.
Pretty clear cut.
Guy was fired.
So.....fuck you?