COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by jhawks99 »

We bought all new kitchen appliances from home depot. Fridge, microwave, dishwasher and microwave, plus installation.

Team gets here on time, says they have orders to install everything but the microwave, it's not on the order and they can't do it. Plus the lead guy is whining about how much he has to do that day. We inform him that we paid for all of it to be installed and that they will be installing all of it. He says no way. We produce the receipt and he finally agrees.

As they are taking out the old microwave, they tear a giant hole in the wall. As they are removing the old refrigerator, they "forget" to turn off the water and flood the kitchen. When they bring in the new dishwasher, it has a dent the size of a nice, big hammer.

I kick them out, tell them that we're done here and I ain't paying for any of this. We had painters here the same day and they offered to repair the giant hole in the wall gratis as they have seen all of this go down.

We attempt to contact home depot but they say a manager is not available and they will have one contact us as soon as possible.

Never heard from them and I've never set foot in one since. And I bad-mouth them every chance I get.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Lowes is no better than Home Desperate.

Sister had a similar experience. Ordered new range and dishwasher and paid for delivery, install, removal of okd appliances.

They subbed the work out to 2 teenagers. They said they only were supposed to deliver and leave at front door. My sister says no....heres the receipt. They were incapable.....there is a small flight of stairs that my sister had just had redone......these fine men dropped the old stove.....dented a step and broke the banister. She kicked them out and refused payment.
Just Ledoux it
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I go to Best Buy for my appliances. Just had to get a new W&D…
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:09 pm
sdoyel wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:06 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:44 pm

Read the rest of the thread. It devolved into a profane, hateful, blame-filled rant.

Solves nothing; makes nothing better; serves no purpose other than virtue signaling. Then again, that’s pretty much Twitter in a nutshell.
I think her message is pretty clear. Trust the science…
Trust the science, but hate your fellow human beings who don’t. Not helpful.
It’s science, Man…

There is 1 correct decision here. 1.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

sdoyel wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:57 pm I go to Best Buy for my appliances. Just had to get a new W&D…
Home depot is almost an hour away each way....lowes is almost 2

Best buy is 2.5 at least. That drives a lot of my purchasing decisions. I usually buy local but some things are quite a bit more expensive local and are worth the drive
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:31 pm Lowes is no better than Home Desperate.

Sister had a similar experience. Ordered new range and dishwasher and paid for delivery, install, removal of okd appliances.

They subbed the work out to 2 teenagers. They said they only were supposed to deliver and leave at front door. My sister says no....heres the receipt. They were incapable.....there is a small flight of stairs that my sister had just had redone......these fine men dropped the old stove.....dented a step and broke the banister. She kicked them out and refused payment.
I get it, but we've had good luck with Lowes with several jobs. Not so much with hd. Could be the area, I dunno.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:18 pm
TDub wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:31 pm Lowes is no better than Home Desperate.

I get it, but we've had good luck with Lowes with several jobs. Not so much with hd. Could be the area, I dunno.
Im not defending HD. I dont like them either. Ive never hired either of them for anything.
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:04 pm
sdoyel wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:57 pm I go to Best Buy for my appliances. Just had to get a new W&D…
Home depot is almost an hour away each way....lowes is almost 2

Best buy is 2.5 at least. That drives a lot of my purchasing decisions. I usually buy local but some things are quite a bit more expensive local and are worth the drive
We’ve been using Costco of late as we’ve had to replace the appliances we bought from local places many years ago. Home Despot, Worst Buy and Lowe’s are all about 10 minutes drive but we have had good luck with local appliance sellers. However many of them have unfortunately closed. It seems that Costco subcontracts to local companies and they have all been very competent.

They are also great for furniture and beds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

just can’t stay away, can you, sQuirt?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sad
Defense. Rebounds.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

Had a women sitting behind me at the game yesterday telling me and others how she and her husband are going to Detroit and Cleveland in mid/late September for the White Sox games and how excited she is. I laughed. Detroit and Cleveland are probably two of the last places I would want to go to attend games but hey - to each their own. Me being the asshole that I am, I said - "I hope it happens for you but I wouldn't be 100% sure you will be going to any games in late September if the Delta variant continues at the rate it's going". Talk about pissing on someone's parade, she was not happy I said that.
Best chance of happening in mid/late September?
a) Her and her husband going to ALL the games they plan on attending - assuming no rain outs.
b) Me attending an outdoor music festival with about 15,000 people near Los Angeles.
c) Full stadium of fans being allowed at the Rams/Bears game on 9/12.
d) Donald Trump being inaugurated by the end of September.
e) A new Covid strain/variant (other than "Delta") becoming prevalent.
f) A mass shooting of at least 20 people in which at least 10 die.
kubowler99

Post by kubowler99 »

f - most likely
d - least likely

Everything else is 50/50 at this point.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

If we follow some of the trends of other countries who have already gone thru their delta surge (some more vaccinated than us) then it is possible in a few more weeks we start seeing a rapid decline in new cases.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:38 am Had a women sitting behind me at the game yesterday telling me and others how she and her husband are going to Detroit and Cleveland in mid/late September for the White Sox games and how excited she is. I laughed. Detroit and Cleveland are probably two of the last places I would want to go to attend games but hey - to each their own. Me being the asshole that I am, I said - "I hope it happens for you but I wouldn't be 100% sure you will be going to any games in late September if the Delta variant continues at the rate it's going". Talk about pissing on someone's parade, she was not happy I said that.
Best chance of happening in mid/late September?
a) Her and her husband going to ALL the games they plan on attending - assuming no rain outs.
b) Me attending an outdoor music festival with about 15,000 people near Los Angeles.
c) Full stadium of fans being allowed at the Rams/Bears game on 9/12.
d) Donald Trump being inaugurated by the end of September.
e) A new Covid strain/variant (other than "Delta") becoming prevalent.
f) A mass shooting of at least 20 people in which at least 10 die.
F, then A then E.

Another mass casualty shooting is as inevitable as a sunrise.

Detroit and Cleveland are both outdoor stadiums. I don't see us shutting down large outdoor gatherings again any time soon. Masks and the vaccines should allow us enough opportunity to continue to hold such events outdoors.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Can we give Abbott a nickname like his bro Deathsantis down in Fla?

https://twitter.com/the_old_rascal/stat ... 82721?s=21

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Fuck, over the past year, I have come to hate Texas
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Can we retroactively concede the Civil War?