Re: Weather

Post by Deleted User 89 »

supposed to finally get a decent winter storm this afternoon and overnight

can’t believe i’m actually looking forward to having to use our snow shovel
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Yea, we need snow. Been too warm and dry. 34 and raining here.....glad this week was a 4 10s week instead of a 5 or 6 10s week. 34 and raining is about the most miserable working condition around.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:56 am Yea, we need snow. Been too warm and dry. 34 and raining here.....glad this week was a 4 10s week instead of a 5 or 6 10s week. 34 and raining is about the most miserable working condition around.
working with wood, outside in that weather?

yeah, i’d have to agree
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Wood and metal...the metal may be worse even. Id rather it be 15 and snowing. At least you can stay warm if your dry and your hands dont feel like theyre gonna fall off
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Typical "The Weather Channel" / weather.com
What's wrong here?

Deleted User 89

you live up north? in the windy city?
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Is that a response to my question or just general questions?

Either way, I'll answer as if it's both.

Yes, I live up north and that is PARTIALLY what's wrong - that right now I am living up north in the windy city. If it wasn't for my mother living here too, my ass would be somewhere warm right now - and potentially living there permanently.

The response I was looking for with my question was..... Clearly you can see an hourly image of the sun from 10:00am to 4:00pm and yet at the bottom it clearly states - Today: Cloudy today.
Deleted User 89

i missed the second part

if it makes you feel better, the same weather app told me it wouldn’t start snowing until noon or 1 here today. it’s currently blizzard conditions with 1-2 in accumulation and it’s only 10:45 or so
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I miss the original wunderground before it hopped on bored with twcs data mining/selling campaign.
shindig

Post by shindig »

So this weather completely sucks and it's only supposed to get colder over the weekend and into next week with single digit highs and lows overnight sub-zero. I feel like I never leave my house, like I'm trapped here. I don't know how people in the North deal with this for 5-6 months out of the year.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1/4 inch of ice predicted here over the next day
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

these days remind me how little desire i have to move back to the midwest

3 inches of snow friday-saturday, but been in the upper 40s/low 50s since

we do need some of that moisture though
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

shindig wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:31 am So this weather completely sucks and it's only supposed to get colder over the weekend and into next week with single digit highs and lows overnight sub-zero. I feel like I never leave my house, like I'm trapped here. I don't know how people in the North deal with this for 5-6 months out of the year.
Normally if it's not a pandemic we go out in it with warm clothing on.
shindig

Post by shindig »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:00 am
shindig wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:31 am So this weather completely sucks and it's only supposed to get colder over the weekend and into next week with single digit highs and lows overnight sub-zero. I feel like I never leave my house, like I'm trapped here. I don't know how people in the North deal with this for 5-6 months out of the year.
Normally if it's not a pandemic we go out in it with warm clothing on.
Yep, the pandemic just makes you feel more "trapped"...lol. I don't even feel like going to the grocery store it's so damn cold, so I've been using instacart. My day is get up, take a quick shower, get dressed, walk 10 feet to my office, work for 8-9 hours, make dinner, watch a movie, then hit the sack between 9-10 (rinse and repeat). It's too cold I can't even walk my boxer, so he's going stir crazy as well.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Getting a lot of ice here now. Trees are covered. Grass is crunch and soggy at the same time. Mrs 99 signed up to work tonight without checking the weather and had to drive in. I went to scrape her car and, no ice, all liquid. Meanwhile, my car, 3 ft North of hers is covered in ice. Weird.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

11 degrees and snowing. 12-20" predicted this weekend. Hey, winter showed up. For a few days.....then back to mid 30s to make everything a downright sloppy mess
Just Ledoux it
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

It's February. It's supposed to be cold in February.
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:58 am It's February. It's supposed to be cold in February.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1493