Satellite Question

You Love It.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Satellite Question

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:34 pm Appreciate the concern. I went here with it to keep it off the mains. The BIL issue is kind of similar to my situation with my older sister. I was supposed to write mom's obituary and she purposely beat me to the punch by a day. And wouldn't let my sister and family speak at the funeral. It was a crazy control thing. Sparko got the last word and printed his three page obit on mom anyway. Same day as my older sister's tiny obit ran. Kind of awesome. My mom deserved some bragging and so did my father in that context--though he died 38 years earlier. My sister basically wrote him out of our lives. Wrong answer.
Sparko, just read this thread, and I'm very sorry for your loss. Tho you might have been expecting it, it still hurts.

And as if that wasn't bad enough, the sibling drama. smh Glad you took the initiative and wrote your own obituary. Large of you to cover the funeral expenses, even tho you shouldn't have had to. Being the responsible one can give you a warm glow, but can also be expensive. I had never written an obituary before and then had to write two in ~ a year and a half. They were the two people I was closest to in the world, and the process was cathartic.

Sadly, I feel your pain, and could write a book on the subject of sibling drama encompassing only the last 1.5 years.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

How many touchdowns and rushing yards would the Incredible Hulk have in an NFL season?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:46 pm How many touchdowns and rushing yards would the Incredible Hulk have in an NFL season?
https://youtu.be/NRUdaWZ4FN0
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It’d have to be at least 500 yards, 7 TDs a game right?

The opponent would have to slow the game down but Hulk team could simply invest everything in their defense. You wouldn’t need to pay WRs, TEs, QBs etc.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Pdub got into the green stuff tonight
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea.
The Hulk is pretty green.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He’d score every time he got a carry.

You could play him at D tackle too.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Yah.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Update.

It was revealed that not only are kids not allowed at the wedding, they aren't allowed at the rehearsal dinner the night before -- and rumor has it the reason being ( though no confirmed evidence of this ) - the mother of the bride doesn't want any attention being taken away from her daughter on her special nights.

So basically the BIL and I will just be sitting in a hotel room for 4 hours for two nights with our kids.
In Malibu.
And then we still haven't found lodging for the 2 nights after that for the 7 Mainers.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

pdub wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:36 am Update.

It was revealed that not only are kids not allowed at the wedding, they aren't allowed at the rehearsal dinner the night before -- and rumor has it the reason being ( though no confirmed evidence of this ) - the mother of the bride doesn't want any attention being taken away from her daughter on her special nights.

So basically the BIL and I will just be sitting in a hotel room for 4 hours for two nights with our kids.
In Malibu.
And then we still haven't found lodging for the 2 nights after that for the 7 Mainers.
The horror.

I still blame your BIL. He's a capitulating surrender-monkey.

He'll need to spring for the refreshments, but you must never forgive him.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And in a vacuum, whatever, I'll hang with my BIL with our kids a couple nights in a row, NBD.
They kids'll likely be asleep an hour or two in and then you just watch college football with the sound down.
Whatever.

But it's the fact that we're paying to fly across the country, renting a vehicle, staying in one of the most expensive parts of California, for two nights, and we don't get to eat or drink or experience either event. And this was all revealed ( no kids allowed at anything at all ) after we had already bought flights.

Can we accidentally forget to buy wedding gifts?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I would.

id probably find some kid friendly fun around the area and use the time as a vacation instead and forget it acknowledge the primary event even exists
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well, yea, i'd love to do that.
But my MIL, SIL and BUD are direct family so they kinda have to be at the wedding ( despite not being a part of it )...so I guess the fathers could do something of the sort...but I'm sure we'll have to make an appearance or something. Do I even need to bring a suit?

I'd have loved even more to have just cancelled 4 flights and let the blood relatives go saving us money and time.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Such a weird situation, I've never seen a wedding with no kids. Supposed to be about family.

Take the kids and hit some tourist attractions. They'll have a better time.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Definitely want to 99.
My guess is that, despite no kids at the rehearsal dinner, and then again the next day at the ceremony and reception, we'll need* to be around the hotel in the daytime to say hello to the rest of the family.

I bet they have some sort of lunch deal that Saturday that we'll need* to be at.
And then maybe a breakfast deal Sunday, also need* to be at.

*by need, I mean, highly pressured to the point of it not being worth all the drama that would come with not doing so
** also, I'm not against someone not wanting kids at their ceremony, and maybe even reception, ( i don't get rehearsal dinner ) but make that extremely clear the moment you send out save the dates - we would have read no kids at either event and would have just sent the ladies
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

pdub wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:00 pm Definitely want to 99.
My guess is that, despite no kids at the rehearsal dinner, and then again the next day at the ceremony and reception, we'll need* to be around the hotel in the daytime to say hello to the rest of the family.

I bet they have some sort of lunch deal that Saturday that we'll need* to be at.
And then maybe a breakfast deal Sunday, also need* to be at.
You've become a capitulating surrender-monkey. Sad.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

capitulating surrender-monkey

i can’t believe you went there
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea.
It's 4 against 1.
There'd be drama forever and ever.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

pdub wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:35 pm Yea.
It's 4 against 1.
There'd be drama forever and ever.
Said the surrender-monkey