COVID-19 numbers

Coffee talk.
Mjl

Re: COVID-19 numbers

Post by Mjl »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:41 pm
Walrus wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:17 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:00 pm

Ah, well please enlighten us on the OAN "real numbers"...
About 35%. Go to the 17:44 in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f098i4FKpK0&t=644s
No f-ing way I launch that video on any device I own. Get serious.
Why not?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Here. Same info.

"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Walrus wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:20 pm Here. Same info.

It’s not from CNN or NYT; therefore, it doesn’t count.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

There are numerous articles for years out there debunking the way that John Williams, the founder of Shadowstats, comes about his numbers. It's been proven over and over to be junk.

But like every other kook that aligns with your worldview, you accept what he states as fact without giving it a second thought and then claim it's everyone who researches the garbage you post and reads the explanations of Williams' shoddy work who is the mindless sheep.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

You beat me to it twocoach.
Everyone's source (whatever it may be) is legit when it proves what they want their source to prove. Everyone discounts a source (whatever it may be) when it disproves what they want it to prove.

On a different note... The woman I mentioned earlier today, she's posting live videos from her party.
I was tempted to respond Erika Crisp says you're morons.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/coron ... lorida-bar
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Looks like you guys have been having some "fun" today.

Glad I went golfing.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:03 pm Looks like you guys have been having some "fun" today.

Glad I went golfing.
Just a conversation about how believing statistics from the US Dept. of Labor on unemployment makes me an brainless sheep while believing statistics from a renowned, proven kook on YouTube would make me "enlightened to the truth".

The usual.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:03 pm Looks like you guys have been having some "fun" today.

Glad I went golfing.
For the love of God, I hope you wore a mask on the course and sanitized every time you switched out clubs!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You can't convince the Walruses and HD's of the world.
They believe their sources, which to the logical mind would refute because of lack of reputation/credibility, and will stick to them.
It's like trying to a convince a child that a monster isn't real after they read a scary book/watched a scary youtube movie.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's a concerning pattern too.
You simply say "you're wrong here's something some random person with the same knowledge and resources as you and me posted on the web" and then, poof, you've been "duped".

Be like if you showed up in a debate and one side quoted Reuters, the CS Monitor and the Encyclopedia Britainica and the other side showed up with some drawings his uncle made the night before.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:58 am

Glad I went golfing.
For the love of God, I hope you wore a mask on the course and sanitized every time you switched out clubs!
LOL. It is safe to be outside. Haven't quite understood some people golfing in masks. Or driving alone on the highway wearing a mask.

We don't touch each other's clubs. We don't touch each others ball (😉). We ride in our own carts. We stay spaced out on tees and greens. We stay out of the clubhouse. It is likely one of the safest things to do outside of the house. Much safer than going to the office, that's for sure.

Plus I birdied 4 of the last 5 holes so that would make the covid more worth it if I somehow caught it. LOL
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:17 am
HouseDivided wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:58 am

Glad I went golfing.
LOL. It is safe to be outside. Haven't quite understood some people golfing in masks. Or driving alone on the highway wearing a mask.

We don't touch each other's clubs. We don't touch each others ball (😉). We ride in our own carts. We stay spaced out on tees and greens. We stay out of the clubhouse. It is likely one of the safest things to do outside of the house. Much safer than going to the office, that's for sure.

Plus I birdied 4 of the last 5 holes so that would make the covid more worth it if I somehow caught it. LOL
The folks driving alone with a mask always catch my eye. Meh, doesnt hurt anything so whatever. Maybe the have some serious preexisting condition and don't want to take any chances. That's fine, it's harmless.

I have seen a few people out in the mountain bike trail I ride wearing a mask as well. In theory we are each following the same trail and could ride through the breath of someone else, even if it's been several minutes since anyone passed. But I dont wear one when I ride; I just go when there are the fewest amount of people.

There is an occassional need to pass someone who pulls over to let you pass so you are within 6 feet of others for about one second if they dont pull off far enough. Most folks are making an effort to pull as far to the side as possible, though.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:11 am It's a concerning pattern too.
You simply say "you're wrong here's something some random person with the same knowledge and resources as you and me posted on the web" and then, poof, you've been "duped".

Be like if you showed up in a debate and one side quoted Reuters, the CS Monitor and the Encyclopedia Britainica and the other side showed up with some drawings his uncle made the night before.
Especially shit like this. CNN and other media sites aren't creating the unemployment stats, they just report them. If they draw some silly, unsupported conclusion from them then that is a different discussion but reporting the stats doesn't make the stats themselves "fake news".
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:04 am You can't convince the Walruses and HD's of the world.
They believe their sources, which to the logical mind would refute because of lack of reputation/credibility, and will stick to them.
It's like trying to a convince a child that a monster isn't real after they read a scary book/watched a scary youtube movie.
Except I'm not the one living in fear. Go figure.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

So go to Tulsa. It’s on Saturday so you won’t miss all that money you’re raking in. Go to the rally. Don’t wear a mask. Breath deeply. Be the strong man you are. Return home. Go to your local cafe. Tell your fellow townies what a great experience it was.

Please do that.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Living in fear and living in stupidity are two different things.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:29 am Living in fear and living in stupidity are two different things.
Perhaps but they could also be two in the same.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:12 am
pdub wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:04 am You can't convince the Walruses and HD's of the world.
Except I'm not the one living in fear. Go figure.
OK, maybe more like trying to convince a child that they actually can't fly after they read a book/youtube movie that shows someone flying.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Everyone knows that the fungus is still making its rounds. Some choose to maneuver the fungus in a careful thoughtful manner while attempting to go about their daily business as normally as possible in this not so normal normal. Some chose to shame and ridicule via the social media’s those that have chosen to maneuver the fungus in a careful thoughtful manner while attempting to go about their daily business as normally as possible in this not so normal normal.

Choices.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Some also choose to maneuver the fungus as if it doesn't exist and hit up crowded restaurants and bars.

I'm not going to go on social media to shame them - as I agree, the social media torches and pitch forks looking for a hunk of flesh is a 'me me me' narcissistic part of us.

But pretending as if it's not there at all, ESPECIALLY if they are doing it to spite a group of people who believe it's a threat, isn't wise.