Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by Sparko »

I know that there are some who do not think the streaming services will fight it out for sports, but I think ESPN is vulnerable to Amazon Prime and others. I am just as stoked about adding teams at this point. Kind of tired of watching dirtbags on the B1G YouTube channels bust on Kansas and ISU.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:25 pm I know that there are some who do not think the streaming services will fight it out for sports, but I think ESPN is vulnerable to Amazon Prime and others. I am just as stoked about adding teams at this point. Kind of tired of watching dirtbags on the B1G YouTube channels bust on Kansas and ISU.
One thing that fascinates me, is what will sports books do with a streaming world vis a vis in-game betting.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:01 pm I can't ever remember seeing a post like this:

https://twitter.com/KUAthletics/status/ ... 51202?s=20
lol

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sport ... om-kansas/
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I liked most of those, especially making fun of the airport terminal, buy my god does KU own Forde.
Deleted User 89

rent free
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Weird how fans can claim some reflected glory for a made for TV deal that may or may not succeed. There are some skeevy primates in the comments section shouting for attention. Turd flinging does not much make other conferences compelling.
shindig

Post by shindig »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:34 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:01 pm I can't ever remember seeing a post like this:

https://twitter.com/KUAthletics/status/ ... 51202?s=20
lol

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sport ... om-kansas/
Not sure I would call Kansas City-Lawrence an "extremely" fast growing area. I mean Austin, Nashville, Orlando, Denver, yeah. In 20 years, Austin has added over a million people. KC metro has probably added a couple hundred thousand.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

That graphic was posted in connection with the Jayhawks Ascend name, image, and likeness program KU announced. It was a recruiting tool for athletes to show them the potential NIL benefits of the market KU operates it. It didn't have anything to do with conference realignment, not sure why its meaning got so misconstrued.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:54 am That graphic was posted in connection with the Jayhawks Ascend name, image, and likeness program KU announced. It was a recruiting tool for athletes to show them the potential NIL benefits of the market KU operates it. It didn't have anything to do with conference realignment, not sure why its meaning got so misconstrued.
Uh-huh. ;)

I think the thing that made it even more obvious they knew what they were doing/how it would be perceived is that they deleted the post for about 10 minutes and decided to go ahead and run it again.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:58 am
UnholyLivingDead wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:54 am That graphic was posted in connection with the Jayhawks Ascend name, image, and likeness program KU announced. It was a recruiting tool for athletes to show them the potential NIL benefits of the market KU operates it. It didn't have anything to do with conference realignment, not sure why its meaning got so misconstrued.
Uh-huh. ;)

I think the thing that made it even more obvious they knew what they were doing/how it would be perceived is that they deleted the post for about 10 minutes and decided to go ahead and run it again.
They shoulda removed the airport terminal bit before reposting.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Bowlsby meeting with Pac today for a scheduling alliance and other things to work together. Start of a super conference..?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 89

ugh...
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:13 am Bowlsby meeting with Pac today for a scheduling alliance and other things to work together. Start of a super conference..?
nothing "super" about it.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Way early, and highly doubt there are any contractual obligations for the remaining members.

If anything, we could also spin this as a way to drum up pressure on other conferences.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i would rather we merge with the aac.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Pac over AAC. To play a USC, Oregon, Utah, Colorado, UCLA, Arizona consistently is way better than Memphis, Tulsa and East Carolina.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:40 am Pac over AAC. To play a USC, Oregon, Utah, Colorado, UCLA, Arizona consistently is way better than Memphis, Tulsa and East Carolina.
No brainer. I hate everything about going to the PAC, but it's going to survive. That won't be the case with a patchwork Big 12/AAC.

We have to be realistic here - if there's room for 64 teams in superconferences, we're probably #63.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It is too bad there is not a re-draft.

Plus there is always the Notre Dame question.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:13 am Bowlsby meeting with Pac today for a scheduling alliance and other things to work together. Start of a super conference..?
Feels more like a possible alliance between the 2 weakest power 5 conferences so they both can stay relevant.