2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
KU76erfan

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by KU76erfan »

Sparko wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:31 pm Again. Struggling? Jeebus. They pitched a shutout in the Second Half last week on the road. The Jags threw underneath from way behind. Today, the Chiefs contained supposedly the hottest QB in the league. They were up 18 to begin the fourth quarter and played simply to extend drives. Sacked the most elusive QB in the game several times. They gave some runs and jump balls. And ran through the Ravens defense for more than 500-yards. Hollywood was neutralized. Have to be ecstatic as a Chiefs fan. It isn’t like they play the Patriot’s schedule.
Any road win is good, but let's face it, Jax and the Raiders aren't that impressive. And yes, it sucks that the Pats perennially get to play in such a shit division.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:34 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:50 pm
twocoach wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:40 pm
We can win multiple SBs without Ramsey. It is looking like it is down to us and the Patriots this year. This Baltimore team is good and we are much better than them.
The only things that will keep the Chiefs from winning 2+ SB's over the next decade are a sub-par defense or the Chiefs money being tied up on players either suspended or in jail. That trade addresses both of those scenarios.
Remember when getting Earl Thomas was the key to the Chiefs winning multiple SBs? And then Patrick Peterson?

Did having Earl Thomas on the field for Baltimore keep the Chiefs from having any big plays today? Nope.

Will having Jalen Ramsey on the Chiefs prevent Tom Brady from having big plays vs us? Nope.
The Chiefs should spend every remaining dollar they have on defensive talent for the next decade. This isn't that hard.

Having money tied up in a ticking time bomb like Hill is just silly to me especially now that it's clear that MVPat can make low budget receivers look like Pro Bowlers.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

My point is the Chiefs have been able to coast to wins against decent teams. Baltimore was out of this game by halftime if Andy plays conservatively and the defense prevents the big play—pretty much every game so far. The defense has been very good with some soft coverages in winning time skewing things. The secondary appears to be much better.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

texans @ chargers is pretty entertaining.
Defense. Rebounds.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Go Texans
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

AFC West lead increases.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Man the Chargers are bad. Blew that game. And I don’t think the Texans are that good either. Deshaun is special obviously, but think they are clearly a tier below KC and NE.

Chiefs did well today considering missing starting LT, a top 10 WR, and a RB who is damn good. That Baltimore defense is fast, physical and mean.

Defense had a pretty good day outside of those 2 Hail Mary tosses Jackson threw up there that the Chiefs didn’t get. Jackson didn’t throw the ball great today and Chiefs main focus was containing him instead of blitzing him.

Pats got a little banged up today and cruised by a bad Jets team. They all of a sudden can’t seem to run the ball that well. I’m sure they’ll evolve and be able to do that, but a thing to keep an eye on.

Detroit, Buffalo and San Fran all 3-0. How about that?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

KU76erfan wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:59 pm
vmlb wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:33 pm
KU76erfan wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:22 pm

I wouldn't hit the panic button just yet. It takes a while to assimilate Spagnuolo's complicated scheme. If we're still struggling in November, however.....
I heard that the problem last year was the schemes were too complicated for the players. Was that a wrong analysis?

Clearly, Bob Sutton was the problem.
Yes, because his schemes were too complicated. Since they never were able to assimilate Sutton's schemes, why would you assume they will be able to get Spagnuolo's complicated scheme?
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

I'm not sure where you're getting some definitive edict that Sutton's schemes were too complicated, but ok.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:17 pm Tyreek + 5th rounder for Ramsey = Multiple Chiefs SB's.

Lol. No reason to give up Hill.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

No surprise but Jalen still wants out. Skipped practice this morning with the 'flu' and is prepared to miss the whole week to force the Jags hand. Even though the Jags owner wants to keep him you have to believe that the Jags asking price will have to come down to avoid the drama.

Also...the Browns. Yuck. Never fall in love with the back up QB or trust the interim HC.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I tried to warn plenty about the Browns with a new HC and a still raw QB. A draw on 4th and 9!? Yikes.

I heard the teams that Mayfield has beaten as starting QB of the Browns. The list ain't pretty.

Jets twice. Falcons. Bengals twice. Broncos. Baltimore. Panthers.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

In other words, the greatest Browns QB of all time.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

POTD

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:00 pmDetroit, Buffalo and San Fran all 3-0. How about that?
Detroit 2-0-1, technically.

They'll get exposed by Pat and Co. But, I suppose winning at Philly is no joke.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Man, I keep forgetting Detroit let Arizona come back. I just heard Detroit was unbeaten, so automatically assumed they were 3-0.

But Mahomes coming up against them. Mahomes hasn't played in a dome yet. Excited to watch that.

Chiefs have a sneaky hard part of the schedule coming up. The first 4 games were thought to be the easiest but this stretch coming up is tough.
@ Lions, Colts, Texans, @ Broncos, Packers, Vikings, @ Titans, Chargers (Mex)

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I’ll be at the Detroit-KC game on Sunday. Looking forward to Mahomes trashing the Lions
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If Denver looses at home to Jacksonville do they sell the farm?
They'd never trade with the Chiefs but Chris Harris would be fun to see in red and gold.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:05 am I tried to warn plenty about the Browns with a new HC and a still raw QB. A draw on 4th and 9!? Yikes.

I heard the teams that Mayfield has beaten as starting QB of the Browns. The list ain't pretty.

Jets twice. Falcons. Bengals twice. Broncos. Baltimore. Panthers.
Did you hear the teams he lost to?
Rams - 3-0 team
Tennessee - Bad team

Baltimore - Playoff team
Houston - Playoff team
K.C. - Playoff team
Chargers - Playoff team
Steelers - 9-6
Tampa Bay - Bad team
Raiders - Bad team

Takes a lot more than just a QB to win and lose games.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:12 am In other words, the greatest Browns QB of all time.
Dead Otto Graham says hello.
Meanwhile, I'll admit he very well may have been (and still is) the most overrated QB of all time.