Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
Qusdahl

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by Qusdahl »

Speaking of the argument that it’s all about oil

Who knows what about the Nord Stream 2 pipeline?

Among others
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Where have I heard this one before?

https://news.yahoo.com/russia-baselessl ... 14341.html

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Time to invade America is basically what you're implying..? It's justification to have a decent amount of neo-nazi's in a country, so let's invade it. America, get ready. You're next.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

chernobyl now on emergency back-up power (diesel generators) to keep their cooling towers going
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:20 am Time to invade America is basically what you're implying..? It's justification to have a decent amount of neo-nazi's in a country, so let's invade it. America, get ready. You're next.
Are you asking me? How did you come to that? Where did I imply it’s time to invade America?

cuz I have repeatedly condemned Russia’s actions. This invasion is inexcusable. We’re hearing all about that, though.

But know what ELSE I think is inexcusable?

Nazis!

And yet, we’re hardly hearing about that at all. Just doesn’t fit the narrative. Both in terms of not wanting to validate Russia’s rhetoric, and in terms of downplaying white supremacy has kind of been a problem all along, even before this shit in Ukraine

Both are existential threats to the world. And yeah, everywhere has Nazis, sigh. But what makes Ukraine unique is 1. This is maybe the only country in the world in which official soldiers are wearing nazi symbols right there on their uniform, and 2. These Nazis are armed, and continue to be armed, by weapons paid for by you and me.

It’s a clusterfuck! It’s tragic! I wish it wasn’t true either!

But to pick and choose our evils just seems so risky, don’t it? I don’t know the solution, either.

As easy as it is to condemn Russia’s actions, I don’t know why it’s also so difficult to condemn Nazis despite that.

Fuck Putin! And fuck Nazis! They can all suck my far left nut! Not even both of em, just the left one!

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

If there IS a solution, it’s that Merica looks in the mirror and asks itself if all this foreign meddling masquerading as “freedom” could have better intentions.

Like do we do anything for countries besides indiscriminately throw arms their way? Or just aimlessly go occupy it? What were we doing in Afghanistan if we were there for 20 fucking years and the place still got over taken by the Taliban in a matter of hours of us leaving? What kinda freedom fighting is that?

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

And for the record, when I first saw the screenshot of the deleted NATO tweet, I honestly thought, photoshop. No effing way an organization as high profile as NATO could be so ignorant as to miss a detail like that! That’s gotta just be another dumb lefty meme, right?

The Getty image confirmed it for me tho. The watermark and everything! For better or worse, props to them for having the journalistic integrity to leave it up.

Question everything.

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

And since this thread just doesn’t have enough lulz:

https://twitter.com/chrisamidon/status/ ... 85635?s=21

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousie…why haven’t you said anything about russia’s own neonazi problem
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:51 am Question everything.
but especially things you read on twitter
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:59 am ousie…why haven’t you said anything about russia’s own neonazi problem
Meh, sounds like just more Russian propaganda.

For real tho, fuck Russian Nazis too.

As far as I know, tho, Russia’s nazi problem doesn’t extend so far as Nazis proudly displaying their allegiance on their military uniforms, or in their public offices.

And I guess I don’t know for sure, but I’ll go out on a limb and guess your and my tax dollars aren’t furnishing weapons for Russian nazi’s either

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:00 am
Qusdahl wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:51 am Question everything.
but especially things you read on twitter
^^^

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:06 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:59 am ousie…why haven’t you said anything about russia’s own neonazi problem
Meh, sounds like just more Russian propaganda.

For real tho, fuck Russian Nazis too.

As far as I know, tho, Russia’s nazi problem doesn’t extend so far as Nazis proudly displaying their allegiance on their military uniforms, or in their public offices.

And I guess I don’t know for sure, but I’ll go out on a limb and guess your and my tax dollars aren’t furnishing weapons for Russian nazi’s either
really?

up until yesterday we were still buying their oil

you might want to look into the Wagner Group and Task Force Rusich, as well as the oligarch Yevgeny Prigozhin who is by many accounts quite close to putin
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

I’m not as familiar with those names but I’ll try to read up. And if they’re Russian Nazis, like I said, fuck them too.

While I like the idea of sanctions as a nonviolent means of leverage, I also hear they may affect average people more than anyone.

McDonald’s and fast food, for instance, were late to the party as far as shutting down operations in Russia.

And while we should leverage Russia if we can right now, ideally nonviolently, if an order of Big Macs is the difference between a Russian family can eat dinner, it seems like much more of a double edged sword.

I did just see McDonald’s is shutting down but still paying Russian employees….holy shit, I dunno if they’d even do that for Merican employees!

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:21 am I’m not as familiar with those names but I’ll try to read up. And if they’re Russian Nazis, like I said, fuck them too.

While I like the idea of sanctions as a nonviolent means of leverage, I also hear they may affect average people more than anyone.

McDonald’s and fast food, for instance, were late to the party as far as shutting down operations in Russia.

And while we should leverage Russia if we can right now, ideally nonviolently, if an order of Big Macs is the difference between a Russian family can eat dinner, it seems like much more of a double edged sword.

I did just see McDonald’s is shutting down but still paying Russian employees….holy shit, I dunno if they’d even do that for Merican employees!
Unfortunately for them, it's not our job to look out for the Russian people.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:21 am I’m not as familiar with those names but I’ll try to read up. And if they’re Russian Nazis, like I said, fuck them too.

why would an order of big Macs be the difference of a Russian family eating or not? There are other options no? odd statement. Really reaching...
Just Ledoux it
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:26 am

I don’t disagree.

If one may ask, then, is it Merica’s job to “look out” for the Ukrainian people?

Either way, the whole role of Team America World Police is quite the can of worms.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:44 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:26 am

I don’t disagree.

If one may ask, then, is it Merica’s job to “look out” for the Ukrainian people?

Either way, the whole role of Team America World Police is quite the can of worms.
This isn't about America being the world police.....at all. There are instances of that....this isnt one of them. All of Western Europe is heavily involved, perhaps moreso than we are, even Switzerland took a side. Germany decided to re-arm.

I think the world police is a different argument altogether, one that doesn't fit very well with this situation.
Just Ledoux it