2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
vmlb

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by vmlb »

I always thought Bernie was pretty good.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

vmlb wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:15 pm I always thought Bernie was pretty good.
Gutter being Gutter......
I was with Bernie an hour before Game 7 of the 2016 World Series.
Very fond memory of that entire evening.

Back to the 2019 season.......

3 weeks in to the season and it seems we already know who will be playing in the AFC Championship - assuming there are no major injuries to the Chiefs and Patriots QBs.
NFC Championship - my guess is it's going to be the Rams and the Packers.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:59 pm Holy god Mahomes.
This is the play that prompted this post. Defenses can't plan for this read and throw, because before Mahomes, it didn't exist.

https://twitter.com/thEMANacho/status/1 ... 56354?s=20
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Said the same thing live, CnB. That was ridiculous. He knew the blitz was coming and got pressure in his face. Fading away, throwing off of one foot and threw it anticipation. A straight dime. Hell, the catch wasn't half bad either.

You can't teach or prepare for that type of talent. Once in a generation type of stuff.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He's on pace for 6000 yards.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

As Mellinger half jokingly said on twitter. Give him a Billion and the Clark suite at Arrowhead. And even then, still might not be enough.

He's already one of the best there has been at the position (I don't think that it is that provocative either) and he's still just 24 and can only truly improve from here.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If he wants to win, he plays it like Brady, and compensates his salary with endorsements, then because there is a salary cap, signs a team friendly contract with stipulations that a good amount of that extra money goes to the offense ( offensive line! ).
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

If he's smart, he gets his money now for say these next 6 years, and then years and years after that.

Chiefs would love to reward him now. Then start getting team-friendly deals when he turns 32 or something and lowers the salary in order to provide him with top talent around him.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Spot on. He is young and needs to get paid now. Build up some great money and then later on think about what he wants his legacy to be.
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Whoa, GB RB Jamal Williams just got knocked out cold. Yikes. Fingers crossed for that guy.
Deleted User 266

Thankfully he gave a thumbs up and has feeling in "all his extremities". Barnett should have been booted immediately. Asshole move by Bradham too - with the facemask yank and then forearm to the head.

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-north/green ... l-williams
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Eagles defender just got knocked the fuck out. Trying to move him onto a stretcher. Lord, football is brutal.
Deleted User 266

I have a woman that I work with that has a son who plays QB for a 8th grade team in Indiana. He's a little guy compared to some of the monsters his age.
I asked her if he had a solid offensive line. She didn't know.
I told her she won't ever want to watch him play again if she sees him take one hard hit. These are just 8th graders I'm talking about.
Could you imagine being a mother of one of these NFL guys (See video below).
I don't care how many homes and cars you were bought because your son plays in the NFL. Nothing could make me believe a caring nothing hasn't worried about these things happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_3xhzM ... r_embedded
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Chiefs are ailing significantly but Detroit has 2 cornerbacks ( one of whom starts ) that are busted.
If neither of them can go, look out.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:48 am If he wants to win, he plays it like Brady, and compensates his salary with endorsements, then because there is a salary cap, signs a team friendly contract with stipulations that a good amount of that extra money goes to the offense ( offensive line! ).
Brady can do that because his wife's net worth is estimated to be double his net worth.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mahomes made 4 million dollars this year, just from his NFL contract.
He's fine as is, especially living in Kansas City.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:32 am Chiefs are ailing significantly but Detroit has 2 cornerbacks ( one of whom starts ) that are busted.
If neither of them can go, look out.
I do think that the spread is an easy thing to bet on the Chiefs. I think the Chiefs win by 13+. Chiefs have the weapons without a primary RB and a top 10 WR.

Detroit's best player (Slay) may not play.

I might change it to Chiefs by a billion. They're just that much better than anyone else in the league except for the Pats (Even then, think the Chiefs are better)

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The Patriots defense haven't allowed a touchdown yet.
Our offense now that they are down Antonio Brown is better than theirs.
Our defense is well worse than theirs.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

That Pats have also played a shitty Pittsburgh team, a shitty Dolphins team and a shitty Jets team. All are 0-3.

Their level of competition sucks. Always has and always will. They are pretty good no doubt, but Mahomes has them figured out. He figured them out in the 2nd half of each game last year.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not really worried about Mahomes as much as I am Brady chessmastering our defense.