Welcome Dajuan Harris!!!!!!

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Welcome Dajuan Harris!!!!!!

Post by pdub »

Remy also never had more than 5 assists in a game at KU.
Dajuan had 7 v Kentucky.
He is averaging 7.3 a game.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Q thinks Self is going to bench DH down the stretch of important games in favor of Elmarko and Furphy.

LOL

His basketball analysis is as bad, or worse, than his political analysis.

DH is widely recognized as one of the best PGs in the country. He isn't a score first PG. That makes some people nervous, i get it. But you don't need all 5 guys to be primary scorers. You also don't NEED your primary crunch time scorer to be a PG. In fact, I think it's better for it to be our 7'2 guy.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dangit.

I meant the Remy comparison as a compliment.

If Dajuan can drain 3s down the stretch in big games, oh man.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

there is no comparing rm's careeer as a JAYHAWK to DH'S.

DH has one year of eligibility(i think) after this year. he may well finish his career as the GOAT pg at KU
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KU is 26-1 when Harris scores 10+ and just 20-12 when he plays 10+ minutes and scores 2 or less. The only game we lost was in the tourney last year vs. Arkansas when our HoF coach was not coaching. So we're UNDEFEATED with the combo of Self on the sideline and Harris scoring 10+.

This mentality that he doesn't "need" to score needs to be replaced with "I need to try to score when I get the chance so that they have to think about me so it can open everyone else up for my awesome passes".
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Speaking of "...he isn't a score-first PG", neither was Aaron Miles, who used to drive me crazy because he lacked an outside shot, which meant the opposition would often drop off of him to help guard other hawks.

He never averaged > 10 points per game, and averaged 8.6 for his career.

Don't get me wrong, Miles was very solid, but that void in his game could be very annoying to watch over the course of a season.

Per kuathletics.com:

Ended career with 954 assists – No. 1 at KU, No. 1 in Big 12, No. 8 in NCAA Division I history… Collegiate Basketball Award of Excellence finalist in 2005 … Two-time Academic All Big 12… Second-team All-Big 12 by AP and third team by the league coaches in 2005 … Big 12 All-Defensive Team… NABC All-Star game … Bob Cousy Award finalist … Third team All-Big 12 in 2004 … Big 12 All-Defense Team as a junior … Four-year honoree of the Cedric Hunter/Jacque Vaughn Assists Award … Honorable mention All-Big 12 in 2003 … Big 12 All-Freshman Team in 2002.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:33 am Dangit.

I meant the Remy comparison as a compliment.

If Dajuan can drain 3s down the stretch in big games, oh man.
Remy really only did that (drain multiple 3s down the stretch) in one "big" game (yes, the biggest game there can be in CBB).

And I still think his biggest play of that game was the block at the end.

You've always got some backhanded ass snarky way of saying things about the players you don't like.....the "IF" above speaks volumes about your personal bias.

DH has played 109 games at KU. Over those games he has averaged 27.1min per game. He is a career 40.5% 3pt shooter. 158 attempts is a large enough sample size to determine a conclusion.

There is no "IF". Stop. And you didn't mean it as a compliment.

Remember that CB guy you thought sucked so bad we couldn't win with him? He's playing in the NBA. And where are those guys you were so certain should play over him? In the NBA or no?

And where is Remy?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

man, illy IS back.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Whoever said that Braun sucked?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:59 pm Whoever said that Braun sucked?
the poster above you. Multiple times over the years, even when proven wrong, continued to hammer the point that existed only in his own reality.

sound familiar?
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ous thought Braun should be a guy off the bench with no NBA potential and was peeved that Self would start him.

There were others ( rip CnB ) around the same time that Jalen Wilson was at best a rotational player.

Whoops!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:46 pm Ous thought Braun should be a guy off the bench with no NBA potential and was peeved that Self would start him.

There were others ( rip CnB ) around the same time that Jalen Wilson was at best a rotational player.

Whoops!
I miss CnB, not to mention sdoyel...

I guess we can assume Randy successfully drove PhD off?

Anyone know what happened to NewtonHawk? He was a good source of information.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:46 pm Ous thought Braun should be a guy off the bench with no NBA potential and was peeved that Self would start him.

Whoops!
Mr. No NBA Potential scored 25pts off the bench last night. 9rebs too.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not sure what happened w Newton.
Regular poster then stopped at the start of football season.
PhD seems like he had too much randy.
CnB got mad bc he couldn’t keep Chiefs fans in check for two hours during the Super Bowl.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

since randy hasn't been around lately does that mean PhD comes back?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sophomore Braun was underwhelming. Shooter who wasn’t great at shooting and generally played hesitant. But at least he was a good keed with no ink.

Junior Braun’s progress surprised everyone, I ate that crauw, and it was delish.

Now go figure illy’s return is little more than to promptly continue to “hammer the point” anyway.

With the point being, I live rent free in illy’s head.

Tdub’s too!

But maybe I should take that to the landlords thread.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

People calling you out on your shit doesn't mean you live rent free in their head. Although, free rent sounds right up your alley.

And you didn't eat crauw. You still shit on him any and every chance you got. Just as you're now doing with DH because him not being a score first PG makes you uncomfortable.

I've been gone since March. I've periodically checked in and read the board. Only to see you shitting all over every thread you touch. With shitty negative takes about certain players. Borderline antisemitism on the other bored.

Now, in the last few weeks, you've had multiple people you've met in real life tell you that you're not worth engaging with online because you're so obnoxious and add nothing of substance/value. Overlander, Trad, Shirley. All have tried nicely to get you to do some reflection and growth. It's embarrassing to watch you around here, do you not realize that?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It will be fascinating to see if/how this game film impacts how Harris is guarded in Maui next week. Our first game is a ding dong game where he may not shoot at all but every matchup after that will be tough. Just curious to see if guys start crowding him a bit more to make sure he doesn't get those open looks as often. He obviously isn't going to hit 5 straight threes in a game on a regular basis but the adjustments moving forward will be fun to watch. Crowd him too much and he gets around you for an alley oop to Dickinson or Adams. Give him space and maybe he sticks a few threes in your gut. Can't wait to see how much Self presses him to take those shots this season, especially while we wait for Furphy and Timberlake to find their stroke.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:27 am you're not worth engaging with online
Well then, here’s a suggestion:

don’t.

Please?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:43 am
DeletedUser wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:27 am you're not worth engaging with online
Well then, here’s a suggestion:

don’t.

Please?
Strange stance to take when several of the people who have been saying this to you are people you've made the effort to hang out with "in real life".

But hey, you do you. I am sure everyone else is the problem.

You know what's not a problem ? The PG position at KU with DH "driving the Ferrari".