NBA 2019-2020 Regular Season

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 141

Re: NBA 2019-2020 Regular Season

Post by Deleted User 141 »

This 4th quarter has been great. I’d like the NBA if it were always like that.

Sorry I posted in NBA thread again, CnB
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

All Star weekend is like having a mini super bowl for a city.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Gqcolorado wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:14 pm This 4th quarter has been great. I’d like the NBA if it were always like that.

Sorry I posted in NBA thread again, CnB
Games between good teams, even equally matched teams, are like that. Problem is there is such a gap in talent between teams right now you get blowouts when the Bucks play the Hawks.

The boom in 3 point shooting along with the number of players who can make them at a high percentage give games a higher score, giving people the idea that defense isn't being played. That's not the case. It's a case of offensive players being so skilled now that they can still score against good defense.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Yeah, I’m not here to argue what game is or isn’t, I just know I don’t like the product most of the time I watch a couple minutes of it.

I also know I liked watching the 4th quarter last night. I’m sure I’ll watch some part of playoffs when Nuggets are in them, as it will catch my attention as it’ll be hyped locally. Well, kind of. We are, as a locale, without regional sports coverage for the most part (unless you subscribe to dish).
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

last week I watched all of the 6ers vs Clippers game and the first half of the Rockets vs Celtics game because I wanted to watch, Embiid, Morris, and McLemore.

I enjoyed seeing the Jayhawks play. But the basketball was utterly unentertaining.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The bad news: The NBA has a real problem stemmed by a lack of passion and a lack of importance of the regular season.

The good news: The NBA is not afraid to try and make it better.

The midseason tournament is going to help.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

I have my doubts they'll ever agree to a mid season tournament.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

The NBA has become very boring. I dont know if thats an issue with the players, the style etc or if its a problem with me and my lack of time now that i have kids to play with and take care of and a house and property to maintain. Probably a combination of the two. I used to really enjoy the NBA. Now I really don't, even the playoffs are not that interesting to me. I have time for one sport to watch and Kansas bball consumes my allotted time for sports.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Who is "they?"

NBA seems super interested and there is proof that it works.
Deleted User 295

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:43 am Who is "they?"

NBA seems super interested and there is proof that it works.
I'm assuming @ me.... players/players union are the 1s I've heard not in favor of it.

I'd be in favor if it mattered to players (because why not?), but the NBA is and always has been about playoff structure for championships. Not sure players would buy into it.

But, I'm also in the minority of this board in that I regularly enjoy watching regular season NBA games. Sure, blowouts can be boring, but with all the NBA Jayhawks I don't have trouble finding close competitive games with rooting interest most nights.

This year, by far my favorite 2 players to watch have been Devonte and Oubre.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The NBA playoff structure has been tweaked many times to make it better. The is yet another tweak.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

is it too soon for an updated NBA All-Jayhawk team?

Joel
Morrii
Oubre
Wiggins
Graham

Morrii
Svi
BMac
Diallo
Mason
Josh Jackson
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Josh has started to see some time for the Griz.
18 MPG in February so far.
Deleted User 295

ousdahl wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:26 pm is it too soon for an updated NBA All-Jayhawk team?

Joel
Morrii
Oubre
Wiggins
Graham

Morrii
Svi
BMac
Diallo
Mason
Josh Jackson
1st team is too easy.

Graham
Wiggins
Oubre
Marcus
Joel

They've separated themselves from the pack by quite a bit. Then Svi Kieff Ben are ahead of the next batch by a good margin. At least as far as this year is concerned.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

The kid A.I. interacts with is Snacks' son.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8tYBCkhYah/?
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

^^^^^^Hilarious
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

OKC is 2 games back from Houston.

“He’s one of the top point guards to ever play this game,” Thunder guard Dennis Schroder said of Chris Paul. “He changed the culture here as well -- how we’re playing together as a team. He’s talking to every one of us every time during games, practices. Even if you’re off the court, he talks to us. A leader in this group.”

In some ways, Paul’s 15th season has been one of his best. He is shooting 55% on 2-point shots, the highest mark of his career. He is shooting 89.8% from the free-throw line, which would be his second-highest percentage for a season. He averages 17.4 points, 6.7 assists and 5.0 rebounds per game.

https://sports.yahoo.com/paul-thunder-s ... 52187.html
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Meanwhile:

"I just got to control myself, that's it, control myself," Westbrook said. "But I'm not backing down. I'm not. I wasn't raised that way. So I don't back to nobody, fear nobody but God, that's it. Fear no man but God. I'll always protect myself under any situation, but I also got to be smarter and understand what's on the line for me. Or what's my legacy, who's watching me, my kids, my family. Make sure that I'm representing my family very, very well."

"I'm at the basket more than probably anybody since I've been in the league -- I got no free throws today," he said. "But ideally I just got to keep going. ... That's just what it is. I'm OK with it. I'm a guy that's going to compete every single night. I'll go out and play my game and find ways to be effective. If they blow the whistle, they do. They don't, who cares? I cannot allow it to affect who I am as a person and what I'm representing and who I am, so that's on me."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^^

this post just went for 20 points...

...on 30 shots.