Kobe

Kansas Basketball.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Kobe

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

They still going on? I felt like it really died down last night and today.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:09 pm I am officially sick of Kobe tributes 24/7
I suggest you don't continue to expose yourself to the tributes if they make you officially sick.
I know, easier said than done - but it can still be done.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

What a weird thing to be sick of. Plano has been itching to start talking shit about Kobe.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Plano stated he's "Definitely NOT a fan of Kobe the person" and later alluded to the rape allegation (as being the main reason why?). He's not alone.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Grandma wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:25 am
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:09 pm I am officially sick of Kobe tributes 24/7
I suggest you don't continue to expose yourself to the tributes if they make you officially sick.
Honestly, it seems unavoidable.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:39 pm They still going on? I felt like it really died down last night and today.
Last night, instead of the normal college basketball game scheduled, ESPN aired a Spike Lee documentary from 10 years ago where it was just Kobe doing a voice over breaking down a game against the Spurs. Didn't move the game to ESPN2 or anything like they did on Monday either, just took it off the air.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

You also can't even simply watch a game without him being the main talking point and the action being ignored for long stretches. I wouldn't say I'm officially sick of it, but I can definitely see where jeepin is coming from.
Deleted User 295

More people care about Kobe than they do mediocre college basketball games.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Grandma wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:25 am

Please tell me there is a kick feature I can use on gusher here.
I am, I said.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Well to be fair, most of the kids in college grew up on Kobe.

It's going to be a talking point, especially during college and NBA games.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

It’s a tragedy for sure.

I too am over it.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Whiny people. Either not enough coverage or too much. No one is happy.

Guy’s death shakes the world. Let me tell you how much I don’t care. I’m mad.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

And the big reason it's a big deal now and still, 5 days later.

This was sudden. There was no health where their could be features on him as he declines in age and health. There will be tributes for the foreseeable future and again when he's in the Hall of Fame. Because nobody really got that chance to do those tributes. So they are all happening now.

And he was a global icon. He spoke multiple languages. He was in Italy for a time. People in a generation shout "Kobe!" as they toss a piece of paper in the trash from deep.

NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:20 am More people care about Kobe than they do mediocre college basketball games.
No argument from me there. I'm one of those guys. I watched the entire show last night. Just pointing out I can see where people can be done with the constant coverage and leading story on every sports/news show. The things I can be done with are the random articles spamming all over social media by places like Yahoo Sports. Last picture taken of Kobe. Last meal Kobe ate. Here's a picture of his dad going out to get the morning paper. Tributes, documentaries, memories, that's one thing. All the other stuff like what shirt he wore that morning is unnecessary.

I know he wasn't nearly on Kobe's level (yet), and the Miami Marlins aren't exactly the Los Angeles Lakers, but when Jose Fernandez died it was done being talked about within about 3 days, until toxicology and autopsy stuff came out. Then it got another mention on the bottom line tickers, but wasn't a full blown story again.

The people I don't agree with are the "where's the specials for the other victims" complainers. Its as if they believe the other families had an equal global impact that Kobe did.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NDballer13 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:03 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:20 am More people care about Kobe than they do mediocre college basketball games.
No argument from me there. I'm one of those guys. I watched the entire show last night. Just pointing out I can see where people can be done with the constant coverage and leading story on every sports/news show. The things I can be done with are the random articles spamming all over social media by places like Yahoo Sports. Last picture taken of Kobe. Last meal Kobe ate. Here's a picture of his dad going out to get the morning paper. Tributes, documentaries, memories, that's one thing. All the other stuff like what shirt he wore that morning is unnecessary.

I know he wasn't nearly on Kobe's level (yet), and the Miami Marlins aren't exactly the Los Angeles Lakers, but when Jose Fernandez died it was done being talked about within about 3 days, until toxicology and autopsy stuff came out. Then it got another mention on the bottom line tickers, but wasn't a full blown story again.

The people I don't agree with are the "where's the specials for the other victims" complainers. Its as if they believe the other families had an equal global impact that Kobe did.
That was a thoughtful articulate response to a troll who was trolling.

Illy just wants to come on to what is largely a college basketball message board and make sure he reminds us that college basketball isn't universally beloved by the masses. He wants to make sure he keeps us in check.

But good post.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 295

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:52 am
NDballer13 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:03 am

That was a thoughtful articulate response to a troll who was trolling.

Illy just wants to come on to what is largely a college basketball message board and make sure he reminds us that college basketball isn't universally beloved by the masses. He wants to make sure he keeps us in check.

But good post.
Boy, you've sure got me figured out.

Or maybe I think the coverage is deserved? Nah, couldn't be that.

Oh, and don't fucking kid yourself. This is a politics message board disguised as a Kansas sports message board.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Can we impeach you?
Deleted User 295

NDballer13 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:20 am Can we impeach you?
Unfortunately not.

But if you're lucky I'll die in a car accident or get cancer and die and then you guys can all go back to whatever it is you do when I'm not around.....(which is just pick another person to be mean to for entertainment...likely twocoach).
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Oh good.

Since we're at the point in the discussion where everyone gets pissy with everyone else, should we NOW start talking about Kobe's insistence that his Catholicism helped turn his life around? I mean...

Too soon?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Its going to continue to be a thing until the lakers play at home again and have their big tribute yada yada. Or for 24 days, whatever works.
Just Ledoux it