Chiefs SuperBowl Champs

Kansas Football.
japhy
Contributor

Re: Chiefs SuperBowl Champs

Post by japhy »

Defixione and I watched the game in a pub in Monte Vista CO last night. It was a roomful of butthurt broncos fans cheering on their newly beloved 9ers. By the 4th Q they were starting to gloat, every time Mahomes face came on the screen after something didn't go our way, they were laughing and mocking. Finally the woman next to me said something to the effect that it was over. I smiled and said, it ain't over. That was about the 6 minute mark. We got to listen to 5 minutes of WTF? as they watched the Mahomie show TD blitzkrieg. After Williams ran the last one in the place cleared out real fast as Defix and I were high giving and cheering. The staff had to wait while we watched the interviews on the field and then we strolled out. The bartender said, the bronco fans didn't have as much fun as you guys tonight. I told him we have endured years of watching Elway and Manning, and now it is Mahomes time. See you next year bitches! I think I like watching the Chiefs in bronco land.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

good job, great post
( srsly )
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Man the parade is going to be insane. Much bigger than the Royals. Won't even matter that it'll be 30 and snow. Fans have waited a long damn time. It's going to be wild.

Route will be the same. Rally will be at Union Station. So replace the blue with the red in the picture, and that's what it'll look like, except more people along the routes and people just jammed all over Union Station to where people won't be able to move an inch.

Hope you KC folks who work downtown get a day off.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Courthouse just announced closing. Everything is going to have to be shut down. Restaurants will run out of food quickly. Hopefully they set up more than 3 Porta Potty's.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

japhy wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:46 pm Defixione and I watched the game in a pub in Monte Vista CO last night. It was a roomful of butthurt broncos fans cheering on their newly beloved 9ers. By the 4th Q they were starting to gloat, every time Mahomes face came on the screen after something didn't go our way, they were laughing and mocking. Finally the woman next to me said something to the effect that it was over. I smiled and said, it ain't over. That was about the 6 minute mark. We got to listen to 5 minutes of WTF? as they watched the Mahomie show TD blitzkrieg. After Williams ran the last one in the place cleared out real fast as Defix and I were high giving and cheering. The staff had to wait while we watched the interviews on the field and then we strolled out. The bartender said, the bronco fans didn't have as much fun as you guys tonight. I told him we have endured years of watching Elway and Manning, and now it is Mahomes time. See you next year bitches! I think I like watching the Chiefs in bronco land.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Geezer wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:17 pm
Grandma wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:58 pm Congrats Chiefs fans!
I'm thrilled to have been at P&L to experience it. Good stuff!
I was wondering where you watched it. That had to be a great last half hour and post game.
Indeed it was. Wish I knew how to post videos I took on my phone on here.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:26 pm How'd you get back to your hotel/airbnb/one night stand's house, Gutman?
Lol! I was dumb enough to drive my rental car to P&L early. Smart enough to park several blocks away so I could have an easy out. I got lucky. Worked out well. Very fun drive back with all the people celebrating along the route.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kind of a bummer:
McCoy didn't get to suit up.
Deleted User 104

Kind of cool that this all took place on a palindrome day (02022020).
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:15 am Chiefs had Mahomes.
9ers had Jimmy G. Jimmy missed an open Emmanuel Sanders to maybe put away the game.
Mahomes made big plays when it mattered.
that miss was the 9ers biggest play
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:28 pm Courthouse just announced closing. Everything is going to have to be shut down. Restaurants will run out of food quickly. Hopefully they set up more than 3 Porta Potty's.
My kid's fucking daycare closed. I get the schools closing, but GAH.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

lobster wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:29 pm Kind of cool that this all took place on a palindrome day (02022020).
And Reids 222 win
Deleted User 104

Sparko wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:26 pm
lobster wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:29 pm Kind of cool that this all took place on a palindrome day (02022020).
And Reids 222 win
Spooky
O_o
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playoffs/ ... wl-destiny

"Life is not fair. You probably knew this already, but if you needed a reminder, here were the Niners, with a great game plan, a ferocious defensive front, and a hell of a performance against the best passer in football for a huge chunk of the biggest game of their lives. And none of that mattered, because they did not have Mahomes."

"For all of his genius, he[Reid] had some ill-timed debacles.
Mahomes solved Reid’s problems simply by being himself. Reid helped that along by getting guys open downfield at the second-best rate in football. Mahomes made it work by hitting them. There is a universe in which these two never connected, and both of them are fine. Reid would still be a good coach with Alex Smith, but not a Super Bowl winner. Mahomes would still be an elite young quarterback with any coach, but wouldn’t have some of the best schemes in the world at his disposal. A coach with no ideas might have drafted Mahomes in 2017 and, despite his talents, the QB could have been home watching Super Bowl Sunday from his couch."
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Mahomes and Reid is a match / marriage made in football heaven. Like MJ and Phil.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 104

Always liked Reid. Why? Because his offense reminds of Vermeil.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Reid solidified his legacy before he even won on Sunday. To turn the Chiefs franchise from the turmoil it was in to a consistent winner (worst record has been 9-7) is something to behold.

He's a first ballot HOF when his time in the game is done. Yeah he's got a 15-14 playoff record, but he's got the ring, 6th all time in wins and one of the most likeable coaches in all of football.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It feels good to have all the playoff blunders set up in smoke.
Mariota fucking throwing the ball to himself in the flukiest of fluke plays?
Don't matter anymore.