ousdahl

Re: Classics

Post by ousdahl »

Watching the natty from last year.

Such a bullshit crazy long review to overturn an out of bounds call in OT
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:58 pm just watched the 2012 final. man we woulda beat them if that team didn't come out with their signature slow scoring start and have to play catch up the entire game, yet again.
Or if the Big 12 didn't have their "partial qualifier" bullshit. Replace Teahan with McLemore and you can't tell me that team isn't miles better.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^preach. He’s 6th man at worst, and at best take’s Elijah’s spot. And Elijah was a really good shooting guard.

What’s that you say? He might have taken Releford’s spot? Psh! Don’t be cray. Dude was doing Marcus Garrett things before Marcus Garrett was a thing.

Anywho so why did I come here? Oh yeah! So espn has had some good finals replays. 2013 games 6 and 7, when Judas shuttlesworth hit that 3 against Tim Duncan and baby Kawhi.

And it’s easy to remember Lebron, but right there with him was Mario balling out.

Dude is simultaneously the all time most overrated and most underrated Jayhawk. Yeah he gets hyped just cuz he hit The Shot, but he hit The Shot cuz he was a hell of a player, and that warrants hype.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Mario "you motherfucker" Chalmers!!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Chalmers junior year campaign is the best of any '2' Self has had.
And if you consider Josh Jackson a 4, it's also the best of any '3' and that includes Wiggins and Rush.

#hottakes
#dealwithit
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

for real.

I've been throwing around my all-Self 8 man rotation and right now I'm going with this:

Dok
McMorris
Rush
Chalmers
Mason

Embiid
Wiggins
Dotson

The hardest to leave off is prob Graham, but the lineup already has 2.75 point guards. Besides, I wanted to build a rotation with a bench that comes in and speeds the game up. That bench absolutely torches any other team's 2nd unit. Lots of 15-2 type runs mid-1st half, then the starters come back in fresh.

Big man durability might be an issue, but for hypos like these let's assume everyone is healthy and eligible. And it's a little small ball-y, but I'm embracing it. Heck, I almost started Rush or Wiggins at the 4.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mason
Vonte
Jackson
Morris
Udoka

Rush
Chalmers
Simien

Only need one Dok type ( sorry Cole, Withey, Embiid, Diallo - wink ).
Could bring Simien with Morris ( more likely ) or with Dok.
Rush and Chalmers quickly off the bench, both nasty defenders, both elite 3 point shooters.

Vonte not on your team are you kidding me?!
Embiid wasn't good enough in college to be on this lists - have a different impression of him now obviously.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Player A: 17.1 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 1.5 APG, 1.2 SPG, 44.8% FG, 34.1% 3FG.
Player B: 16.3 PPG, 7.4 RPG, 3 APG, 1.7 SPG, 51.3% FG, 37.8% 3FG.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Is that Wiggins and Josh?

And one of the reasons I didn’t include Vonte is cuz I think these hypos are more fun when you try to match up guys from different seasons. Your starting lineup is 2017 plus Marcus.

Joel has such a limited sample size, but even in that was such a dynamic college player. He and Dok are unique in that they’re the only freshman centers to beat out a senior for a starting spot.

And in the context of a second unit, how many other team’s reserve center is gonna he able to match up with Joel?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And I thought about making TRob my backup big. He still speeds the game up, explosive as anyone we’ve had, can play the 4 or 5, and brings the bully ball element to compliment Marcus’s smooth scoring. I suppose Simien brings a bit of both, but I’d cut him cuz there are freakier athletes available.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Other backup big option: Markieff. Can play either position, and the best shooting 5 we’ve had.

But do we want both Morriseses? And while a 5 can shoot is nice, that’s not exactly something we’re gonna build our whole gameplan around.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's 17 Mason & Jackson, 18 Vonte and 20 Dok.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh shit, 20 Dok?!

bro our starting center just got shut down by the Rona
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

31 points, 14 rebounds in his last game as a Jayhawk.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:29 am 31 points, 14 rebounds in his last game as a Jayhawk.
Got to be one of the unluckiest ever to play at KU. Archie Marshall might be another one.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

freshman have no business on these lists.

Graham
Chalmers
Brush
Marcus Morris
Dok

Mason
Svi
Arthur

built for the modern game.. i went with lights out shooting all around Dok and off the bench. no way to stop it. defensive studs on the perimeter. I chose arthur as the back up big instead of a center. Because I'm playing dok 30+ and trust the toughness of morris and arthur's athleticism/shot blocking. plus big guards in rush and svi to help out. the offensive side of things just would be unguardable
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:34 am And I thought about making TRob my backup big. He still speeds the game up, explosive as anyone we’ve had, can play the 4 or 5, and brings the bully ball element to compliment Marcus’s smooth scoring. I suppose Simien brings a bit of both, but I’d cut him cuz there are freakier athletes available.
same here. Trob off the bench is perfect with his hustle/athleticism. total spark plug. and in todays game he's more built to be a college center than a wing. went with arthur tho because of his shooting and offensive polish. plus he was very athletic and a good shot blocker. I've always thought darrell arthur was the most underrated player self has ever had because of how loaded that team was and he was one of the younger guys.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yes, Arthur was awesome. I wonder what kinda numbers he woulda put up if he didn’t share front court minutes with 3 other pros.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And who was the poster who would always mention Tyler Self in these sorts of discussions?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm fine with the argument of no freshmen but if that's your argument and you don't have the best senior and player to ever play under Self starting, well, might as well not have the argument.
Frank Mason starts on any team.
If the PG you are starting doesn't shit the bed at Sprint, maybe we have another title.