KU kstate thread

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: KU kstate thread

Post by Sparko »

They can now run up the score by throwing on every down. And will.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Fairchild a bright spot
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Need more athletes on offense and ST. But this had to be the worst first half ST breakdown ever. Offense was better. These are scrimmages.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We scored 14!
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

After cleaning the vomit off of my shirt, I was able to see some improvement in the defense. With special teams being so bad and the offense so bad, I do believe the defense has gotten better.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

I think the offense looked much better this week. I think it actually looked better after the pick 6. Probably better play calling on offense after that with probably a little more lax'ed d. Daniels is the qb of the future, if he his healthy I think he will be the qb the rest of the way. I think the coaches realize that but keep trying to play it coy.

Special teams looked special but not the good special.

Defense played better than first few weeks. They weren't perfect but they keep working hard and surprising me at times, in a good way.

Progress/improvement is being made. I really doubted that the first two weeks but this season will continue to be crazy. I hope the team keeps making progress. My dream is we find a good or better offensive line before next season.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

nu_bronco - I give you credit. You can and do see the positives in an absolute disaster.
The team lost by 41 points yesterday - no matter how you look at it.
The team is 0-5 this season. You can't be any worse than that after 5 games - no matter how you look at it.
Is the team improving? Maybe some players are and in some phases the team is but I still see a pile of shit no matter how I look at it.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I mean it depends on if you are a glass half full or empty kinda person.

Observations from the first half:
Daniels looked good. Just might have something. There were times when the o-line looked good in pass pro. Fairchild was a pleasant surprise. Forgot we even had a TE. The defense looked good. They continually get put in bad spots by our offense, and now special teams. The back end could be special. Prunty continues to jump off the screen.

Coaching and preparation is awful. Some of the worst I have ever seen. Again, we can talk about all of the previous decades mishaps but the fact of the matter is excuses (or facts) just don't matter at the big boy level of college football. KU football has reached the ultimate lowest of lows were fans (what few of them are really left) don't even care about winning. We just want to see a competent football team. KU will get beat because they just don't have P5 talent but what I can't stand is six figure coaches who just aren't doing their job. Case in point. First half KSU takes an obvious delay of game to help out their punter. We just accept the penalty. DECLINE IT. Punt return was a clear issue. Address it on the sideline and put some starters in. Its not that hard. Stay in your lanes and hit the first thing that crosses your face. Do something.

Really, I have no idea what is being said behind closed doors but this year I see zero fire from the coaches. Where is the Dearmon from a year ago that was running up and down the field fired up? It isn't in Les's DNA to throw his assistants or kids under the bus but how about saying 'right now we have fallen short of our expectations here and that will be addressed.'

This is going to end up being the worst season in KU football history. Hell, we all knew it was coming but saying it and living through it is another thing. Last year I felt this team was headed in the right direction. Through five games that faith is eroding with every bone headed decision this staff makes on field. I don't want to be here, five years later saying, 'just give Miles another two years so he can get a full 'crootin cycle in.'
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

If there were some way to replace Miles, who is clearly no longer at his best, without losing scholarships, they should. Since Mangino, the mistake has been to make political hires instead of the best coach. The best coach is often as mean as a snake. But you can run a stop-watch on the execution of plays and bank on maximum effort. Mangino coming unglued about effort and execution on the sideline in 2006 is what works in football. "See those guys? They want you to run stairs for a whole day. Stop them."
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Here’s the thing. And I think most around Ku would agree. Les was not hired because he was the best. But he was the guy that would stabilize the most. And he knows what a successful program needs to have. He beefed up recruiting staff, he has several analysts and QC coaches. KU didn’t have that before Miles and Long. The best coach would have used KU as a stepping stone. If you have success here and people like you, you will get hired elsewhere. I don’t think Miles would have left with any sort of successful seasons.

I honestly believe Miles will not go past his 5 year contract. He will pass the reigns onto someone else. Will likely be a HCIW type of deal.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think by default Miles doesn't has a good chance of making it 5 years.
3-19 in 2 seasons puts some pressure on you to have an OK 3rd year.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Les only leaves on his terms. The KU well is dry.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:42 pm I think by default Miles doesn't has a good chance of making it 5 years.
3-19 in 2 seasons puts some pressure on you to have an OK 3rd year.
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:29 pm Les only leaves on his terms. The KU well is dry.
Yeah I honestly think no matter the record, Les is here until he wants to leave. Which honestly might be at the 5 year mark. But there’s not anyone else who would come here right now.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'm just trying to envision a scenario where he stays past 5 years and can't really come up with one.

If it goes poorly, why would anyone want to do this job in their 70's?

If it goes the realistic best case in replenishing the roster and a little bit of fan momentum, KU will be ready to hand the job over.

If it goes astronomically well and he wins a couple of bowl games, he certainly has nothing left to prove.

He's here exactly 4 or 5 years, imo. Hopefully long enough that someone will want the job because KU is not in any sort of position to look for a new coach after 3 years from a financial or stability standpoint.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:57 pm I'm just trying to envision a scenario where he stays past 5 years and can't really come up with one.

If it goes poorly, why would anyone want to do this job in their 70's?

If it goes the realistic best case in replenishing the roster and a little bit of fan momentum, KU will be ready to hand the job over.

If it goes astronomically well and he wins a couple of bowl games, he certainly has nothing left to prove.

He's here exactly 4 or 5 years, imo. Hopefully long enough that someone will want the job because KU is not in any sort of position to look for a new coach after 3 years from a financial or stability standpoint.
“But I’m mad, FIRE someone!”

- KU Football Fan
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It is the constant humiliation of course. Our football team is another version of “Oww! My Balls!”
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Can't wait for the 'home' beat down by the Clones on Saturday. Of the 8k they are allowing in 7,900 will be Clones. Then they will all meet up at PNL for the after party. Yay, KU Football!
Holidaysmore - 2005