KU vs TTU Game Thread

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: KU vs TTU Game Thread

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:03 pm If we win 3 games next season, can we say that Miles failed? Or no?
I wouldn’t say that yet. 2022 is going to be the determining season. 2021 is going to be a couple of wins, I think, but 2022 is when all these freshmen are going to be sophomores (thanks to the rules) and they’re going be well seasoned and doing well.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sigh.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I will say this. 2021 is going to be decided by how much work these guys get in during the spring and summer. Daniels got little to no reps. If he gets spring and summer reps constantly, it’s going to be a different story
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

There’s no point, Newton.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

For me, if we can’t win 4 games in a 12 game season once in 3 years, then you have failed.

I don’t think that’s unreasonable.
The excuse gang about how much they know about scholarship players can be OK with moral victories.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Did not watch the game but just reading around and asking some friends it sounds like more of the same. Offense failed the team once again. No ingenuity in the play calling, scheming or personnel and stubbornness in sticking with a struggling QB. Sound familar...it should because it was those two themes that got Les run right out of Baton Rouge.

Have to give credit to the defense especially Prunty. That kid is going to be special.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I would not call a 3-9 season next year a failure. And, even if they go 0-12, I'd still bring everyone back for 2022.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

You bring everyone back that you can as it states on their contract. Les is here until 2023 unless he retires. Just get used to it.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

It would seem that the biggest thing lacking on this roster or moving forward is a QB. Even Daniels, who has flashed potential is still probably another year away. Les & Co should ask Jeff for the bag codes and throw it at a legit grad transfer QB to come here and help stabilize this program.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:19 am It would seem that the biggest thing lacking on this roster or moving forward is a QB. Even Daniels, who has flashed potential is still probably another year away. Les & Co should ask Jeff for the bag codes and throw it at a legit grad transfer QB to come here and help stabilize this program.
Speaking of. Kansas native Jace Ruder just finished at North Carolina. Played early on but finished a backup there to a good QB they have in Howell.

If he wanted to come home, I think it would be nice to have him at KU. kstate is set at QB with their guys so he won’t play there but he could play at Kansas.

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I'm hoping that Daniels can improve dramatically with a full off-season. But man, this team is in desperate need of a quality QB.