Parler

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Parler

Post by ousdahl »

If you’re referring to me, please let me know. I try to be aware of these things.

objective reality is only a reality if one makes the effort to remain objective.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

What good would it do to tell you?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Like I said, I try to be aware of these things.

No, really!

If anyone’s willing to offer constructive criticism, I figure there’s no harm to be had, only benefit.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

They want/will silence those that use words that do not further the narrative. Or bully until you get an eating disorder. It’s like middle school all over again.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:49 pm If you’re referring to me, please let me know. I try to be aware of these things.

objective reality is only a reality if one makes the effort to remain objective.
He is referring to 97% of the active users. Yes, including you.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:57 pm They want/will silence those that use words that do not further the narrative. Or bully until you get an eating disorder. It’s like middle school all over again.
Do you have a point to make?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:53 pm Like I said, I try to be aware of these things.

No, really!

If anyone’s willing to offer constructive criticism, I figure there’s no harm to be had, only benefit.
Sure.
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I know it is a cliche to compare the far right and nazis, but consider that the last website that was unhosted by "normal" hosting services was "The Daily Stormer".

The fact the capitalist money-making hosting services don't want to host a website that foments violence and sedition in any country, can be seen from the lens of guilt by association. If you owned a web hosting service, would you want to be known as the host for The Daily Stormer? You would understand that a lot of your other clients might move elsewhere so that they were not on the same platform. Parler has now pushed themselves into this realm of public opinion. Therefore Amazon no longer wants to be associated with them.

It became a violent armed insurrection on Jan 6, remaining neutral against an armed fascist group has historically not been a possibility. By their nature fascists don't recognize neutrality, only friends and enemies.

Which side are you on?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:00 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:49 pm If you’re referring to me, please let me know. I try to be aware of these things.

Would you please be willing to offer me examples?

Really am trying to be self-aware here.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:09 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:53 pm Like I said, I try to be aware of these things.

No, really!

Sure.
No, really really!

If you have constructive criticism to offer, please do.

But bear in mind, you’re the one who makes accusations then goes MIA when asked to explain.

I mean that constructively. It doesn’t exactly do much to foster a healthy back and forth.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:21 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:00 pm

Would you please be willing to offer me examples?

Really am trying to be self-aware here.

Stop trying to silence/cancel mich.
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

No, really!

You did just compare all republicans to ISIS.

Remind us all again of who you voted for in 2016.

Let that sink in for a second....you supported Trump, you are a trumper, therefore....according to you, you're a terrorist.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

But the lulz!
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ummm, what?

You mean that tweet?

Bro that wasn’t comparing republicans and isis, it was contrasting the two. Isis takes responsibility for their actions. Big difference!

But hey, on that last point, you got me. As goofy as I am most of the time, I’m glad you at least took me seriously when I said in 2016 I voted for Trump, even if it was just for the lulz.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Lulz!
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

This is the dialogue Merica needs right now!
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

5 dead for the lulz!

Global pamdemic for the lulz!

Everyone who did what I did is a terrorist.

Ahhhh..... the lulz!

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That’s quite the boogeyman!

I hope you check under your bed every night to make sure I’m not there.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

So self aware

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ok, please allow my to clarify.

I didn’t actually vote for Trump in 2016. I just thought saying “I voted for Trump, for the lulz” was funny. I assumed no one would take me seriously or care either way, but go figure.

Spoiler alert! I’m not actually a fan of Trump. Not one bit. Not even in Home Alone 2. If it was up to me, I would have impeached before this, before the Ukraine call, before the Mueller report, before any of that.

Just tactfully get him early, on enoluments. Frame it as the big bad businessman crook screwing over We The People (really *hoping* people might actually react on economic grounds, since none of his other vile shit was enough), and snoop around until he dug his own grave.

If he stopped my snooping, get him on obstruction (again, not that anyone cared about that either, but at least I’d be fighting the good fight).

I woulda had a tangible told-ya-so years before the rest of this shit. “This isn’t political, this is out of existential concern for Merica. If not now, he’s gonna do something much worse.” Stick to my story, all along.

Now, if I may offer the courtesy of clarifying further yet: you like oh so totally SHOULD take me seriously when I said my vote for president in 2020 went to Bill Self.