Playoffs

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

Re: Playoffs

Post by holidaysmore »

I mean really this is the best four teams left in football. (You could maybe make the argument for the Saints but it was clear that Brees just doesn't have it anymore) Star power every where. So many storylines and narratives. Certainly makes this week more fun and enjoyable to follow.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I have to wonder if NO would be hosting this weekend as the #1 seed if Brees would have retired and Brady went down there. Although, TB being fortunate with Antoine Winfield, Jr. might mean their D is better than NO's D.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I listen to Terez Paylor and Charles Robinson from Yahoo do a podcast twice a week. One to recap games, other one mid week to discuss things going on and games going on.

They mentioned that if Brees retired, Brady is a Saint and there's really no doubt about that. It was going to happen if Brees retired.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:44 am I see the weather narrative being throw out and I thought the same thing about the NFC running through GB but its not like Tom didn't play his entire career in cold ass Old England. With the emergence of the Bucs running game he isn't being asked to hit all of those downfield shots like early on either.
Still like GB. IMO, they are better team for all the reasons you just stated.
Granted last year was a strange one for New England, but he was atrocious (by his standards). He looked Brees-ish, in his inability to drive the ball.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think even Mahomes and Rodgers would tell you that it's hard to put up big numbers when your best guy is Julian Edelman.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:54 amThey mentioned that if Brees retired, Brady is a Saint and there's really no doubt about that. It was going to happen if Brees retired.
I don't think it's really even a secret. Saints fans popping off about sweeping Brady in the regular season was just so premature given their recent playoff performances.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Snow in Green Bay and decent chance of rain/sleet in KC on Sunday.

PLAYOFF FOOTBALL

Both of these games are rematches of week 6 games. Tampa destroyed Rodgers and KC handled Buffalo.

Updated predictions..

GB vs TB - Brady in the cold is eh. It'll be cold and snowy. Antonio Brown is out on Sunday. Green Bay is 1B in terms of best team in football. Rodgers with his best year yet.

Original prediction 31-23 in favor of Green Bay..

Green Bay over Tampa Bay 27-17

KC vs BUFF - Mahomes has practiced all week. Injury designation comes out today, but my guess is he takes the first snap Sunday. Mahomes does oddly well in cold/wet conditions. Unsure on Josh Allen, considering when KC played Buffalo, it was kind of wet and blah conditions out there and he definitely struggled. Buffalo has zero running game. And I think that helps the Chiefs DL pin their ears back and go after Allen. Chiefs will have CEH and Watkins back on offense.

Original prediction of 28-21 in favor of Chiefs.

Kansas City over Buffalo 31-17.

State Farm Bowl in 2 weeks.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

If the Chiefs beat the Bills 31-17 I'll drive down to Newton and personally give you a hug in a full HazMat suit.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Unlike Newton, I stick with my predictions. ;)

Dogs are going to bark this Sunday.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Hey, I give it a few days to marinate. And to be fair, I only have the Chiefs winning by a TD more than original prediction. Most everything else was the same. ;)

Here's the thing I think I realized just a bit ago. This is going to be a game where people doubt Patrick. And those are the games where he does best. Petty Patrick Mahomes is the best Patrick Mahomes.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't think there's a single person doubting Patrick Mahomes. And, certainly no one on the other side of the ball.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:20 pm Maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't think there's a single person doubting Patrick Mahomes. And, certainly no one on the other side of the ball.
I mean to be fair. It doesn't matter what you and I think. It's going to be what he thinks and I think he believes he is slighted due to the uncertainty with the concussion and that Josh Allen is catching up to him.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Sure. LaBradford Smith.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

"I took offense to that"

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Once you have reached a certain level of success you have to make up ways to motivate yourself.

I do believe there will be a certain number of the national media who will pick the Bills and believe that the gap is closing between Mahomes and Allen. In all fairness Allen did have a better close of the season than Mahomes did. The storylines are all there and 15 doesn't appear to be the guy who forgets any slight.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

It's pretty close to 50/50 on picks by "experts"

It's quite bizarre actually. Like I get it, but I would like it's closer to 70/30.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Go Bills!
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Sucks when I watch conference championship games and don't I really care who wins/loses.
Being a Bears fan I should hate the Packers - but I don't. I might be leaning towards wanting them to win but I'm not a huge Rodgers fan. I have mad respect for him but I like him even less than Brady.

On the AFC side, I'm 100% all in on the Chiefs but..... If any AFC team has/had to beat them, I would probably want it to be the Williams.

Go Relish and Mustard!
Go Ketchup and Mustard!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:13 pm Once you have reached a certain level of success you have to make up ways to motivate yourself.
Just ask Jordan
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Was just reminded of this on my Facebook page.
10 years ago yesterday.

Before -

After -