pdub
Site Admin

Re: NFL Offseason 2021

Post by pdub »

Show me David Moore.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

This is without a doubt Hardman's make or break year. If he doesn't get it by now then he never will be more than a gadget guy. He has got to learn to run the route tree. We all have to let DK go. Every other team passed up on him and they did for a reason. They, and the Chiefs were wrong. Nothing you can do about it now. You would love to see the Chiefs go get a high end, big name WR guy but it doesn't like they will. You would accept them to get a middle tier WR who wants to come for a one year deal to play out for a bigger deal next year when the cap goes back up. No better place than with Mahomes and potentially winning a SB.

Tossed around the idea of bringing back Houston. I would be all in on that if he wants play for the cheap. I doubt he does. Frank Clark has got to be better. Way to much money they spent on a guy who, at least this year did not deliver.

OL, LB (outside of Gay who do you have? Hitchens is a great two down backer but as soon as they can get out from under his deal they will), and DL for me. I also wouldn't mind a corner as Ward isn't the answer for me.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I was honestly hoping Parchment would enter the draft and the Chiefs would pick him up undrafted, but the COVID year is probably nixing that kind of freebie. Damn FSU. Any word on Pooka? I assume he is in the draft projections?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I cannot let DK go because I am an arm chair drafter and my good friend and I put together mock drafts...and on both our boards was DK.

And we both lost it when he fell that far, we knew who Mahomes was, and the Chiefs passed on him, and instead got a guy ( Hardman ) who may? have fallen even further.
We also hated loosing the draft pick for Clark ( draft Collier ). And preferred Isaiah Oliver instead of Speaks. And Swift instead of Helaire.

But yes, nothing you can do about it now.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Hahah well in that case it is personal and I can't help you.

I, also thought it was odd the Chiefs passed on DK. Hell, I thought it was odd ALL of those teams passed on DK when they did. His measurables alone made him worth a shot. He had some inconsistencies in his route running but nothing that should have made him fall that far especially after the numbers he put up in the combine. At least for the Chiefs he didn't really fit the mold of who the Chiefs like to go after WR wise which I also disagree with. That will have to change as I believe they will move on from Sammy and would like to see them go after a bigger bodied WR.

Did they overpay for Clark. Probably. But he brought a type of nasty and an attitude switch from the previous regime of leaders. Plus, he was instrumental in getting the Chiefs a Super Bowl. He almost gets a pass just based off of that. Almost.

Missed on Speaks. What a fat waste he was.

Probably reached on Helaire but the jury is still out on him. Plus, you keep 15 happy and throw him bone.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Sign Pooka and Lassiter after the draft and I will be happy.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Pooka is going to be a day 3 kind of guy. Rounds 4-7.

He just doesn't have a position, really. His tape isn't great for evaluators to see because his line was not great. He doesn't have fantastic top end speed, but his acceleration and quickness is top notch.

He will likely be a slot/PR type of player. He's a very similar Dexter McCluster. But he won't go round 2 like Dexter did.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:51 pm Hahah well in that case it is personal and I can't help you.

I, also thought it was odd the Chiefs passed on DK. Hell, I thought it was odd ALL of those teams passed on DK when they did. His measurables alone made him worth a shot. He had some inconsistencies in his route running but nothing that should have made him fall that far especially after the numbers he put up in the combine. At least for the Chiefs he didn't really fit the mold of who the Chiefs like to go after WR wise which I also disagree with. That will have to change as I believe they will move on from Sammy and would like to see them go after a bigger bodied WR.

Did they overpay for Clark. Probably. But he brought a type of nasty and an attitude switch from the previous regime of leaders. Plus, he was instrumental in getting the Chiefs a Super Bowl. He almost gets a pass just based off of that. Almost.

Missed on Speaks. What a fat waste he was.

Probably reached on Helaire but the jury is still out on him. Plus, you keep 15 happy and throw him bone.
We got a Super Bowl so i can't talk much.
I can be honest and was 55/45 against the trade up for Mahomes - thought we gave just a bit too much - so I was very wrong there.

"I, also thought it was odd the Chiefs passed on DK. Hell, I thought it was odd ALL of those teams passed on DK when they did. His measurables alone made him worth a shot. He had some inconsistencies in his route running but nothing that should have made him fall that far especially after the numbers he put up in the combine."

And this was with a shoddy QB.
Minitron written all over him.
And hell yes he'd work with Mahomes - we don't need another Hill, we need a speedy athletic dude with height who can do serious damage leaping up for 50/50s down the field/in the endzone.

Jury definitely still out on Helaire -- I just really liked Swift and thought he was perfect at that spot.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium sucks.

It was inevitable, but still sucks.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:22 pm The GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium sucks.

It was inevitable, but still sucks.
remember when Sandstone was just Sandstone?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It sucks.
But i'll never call it that.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I would be good with it if the money went to the city or a Native American tribal charity. But the Hunts?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Oh no! Naming rights, the HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Wouldn't mind Alex Smith back in KC to backup Mahomes and be a competent backup if/when Mahomes has a time where he's banged up.

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Don't think Smith would take the league minimum and that's all KC can afford to spend on a backup QB. I think Smith ends up in Jacksonville.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I do too. To play with Urban and be a nice vet voice for Lawrence.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Being away makes the heart fond. Also, not being the starter makes the heart fond and all of these are applicable for how I feel about Alex. Would love for him to come back, be a great emergency asset, win a super bowl (as a back up) and then ride off into the sunset. Unfortunately, I don't think that Smith believes he is at that stage of his career yet. Jax, certainly makes sense but maybe Chicago as well because of his familiarity with Nagy?
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Alex better avoid Chicago unless he is comfortable Gutter calling him 'JUNK!'.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, the Bears "have prioritized" making a run at Russell Wilson.

Biggs is the Bears' ace beat writer and has been covering the club for a long time, so his words carry weight. Chicago's focus is on upgrading its quarterback spot with Mitchell Trubisky now headed to free agency and Nick Foles an obvious non-answer at the position...With the Seahawks "answering" calls on Wilson, the Bears should make every effort they can to acquire the 32-year-old. It would take a massive haul."

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football ... es/9996181
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

What would it take? 1st and 2nds this year. 1st next year. And maybe a conditional pick for 2023 - if Russell plays x amount of snaps in 2022, a 1st or 2nd pick?