Afghanistan

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Afghanistan

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:04 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:46 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:37 am

And this part is not hard to comprehend. Biden and crew fumbled the withdrawal. Badly. Now, the US doesn't look great in this entire thing, but this didn't start recently, the wheels have been in motion. Biden and his administration had a chance to handle this with little to no press attention, but then the Taliban came on strong on the heels of the US with a foot out the door already. But the US drug their feet and now here we are.
"Biden and his administration had a chance to handle this with little to no press attention but..." How exactly would that have happened? Even if they airlifted every single person who so much as spoke to a US troop out of the country, they still would have faced criticism when the Taliban inevitably swooped right back into power. There was no off ramp to this that didn't end with people complaining about how something should have been done differently. Our country is so dumb that we cannot even agree on simple things like that wearing masks reduce the spread of an airborne pathogen.

People will die as a result of this decision. People also would die as a result of this decision if made 20 more days, 20 more weeks or 20 more years from now. Enough is enough.
I left out my key word of bad press attention. There's going to be attention. But people's eyes are glued when they see people jumping onto airplanes taxiing for takeoff, and tragically falling to their death when the airplane takes off.
And all of those things would have happened in 20 more days, 20 more weeks or 20 more years from now. They are a nation run on corruption, bribery, lies and loony religious extremism. I don't blame the masses for wanting us to stay forever.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:07 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:21 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:19 am
And Jen Psaki has zero impact on any of the people in Afghanistan. Her absence changes nothing. She is just a press secretary.
She speaks for the white house.

Oh i forgot. You guys never said a word about Mchenany or whatever her name is
🤣🤣🤣

Twighlight zone huh?
Feel free to provide an example of anyone bashing McEnany for taking a vacation. Frankly, we would have been better off if she took more; it would have been a few day vacation from her lies and misrepresentations.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i must’ve missed Psaki outright lying to the press corps...like ALL of the previous admin’s press secretaries did
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:32 am when all else fails, play the golf card.
I thought they hated whataboutisms?
Deleted User 863

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:36 am
TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:34 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:32 am when all else fails, play the fungus card.
Your fault for taking anything mich says seriously.
He trolled them perfectly and got the exact responses he came for.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:41 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:32 am when all else fails, play the golf card.
It seems to be more of a problem that the White House press secretary is spending a few days out of the White House than it was for an actual President to spend 300+ days away from the White House playing golf so forgive me if I don't take this absurd argument very seriously.
Hello strawman.

JFC.
Deleted User 89

you’re such an idiot

which is it? straw man or whataboutism?

one thing is for sure, you’re firmly on team mich...err...team troll, i mean
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:23 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:41 am
It seems to be more of a problem that the White House press secretary is spending a few days out of the White House than it was for an actual President to spend 300+ days away from the White House playing golf so forgive me if I don't take this absurd argument very seriously.
Hello strawman.

JFC.
Do you feel that the White House press secretary being on vacation right now impacts the situation in Afghanistan in any way, shape or form?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:25 pm you’re such an idiot

which is it? straw man or whataboutism?

one thing is for sure, you’re firmly on team mich...err...team troll, i mean
He doesn't know what the vase majority of buzzwords he repeats here even mean but they seem like zingers when he sees other people use them correctly and can't resist trying them out himself.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

we have a massive clusterphucque. uncle joe is sitting in the chair. the buck stops there. nothing to debate.

if it were up to me , we would blow the entire middle east off the face of the earth. be done with it.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:02 pm we have a massive clusterphucque. uncle joe is sitting in the chair. the buck stops there. nothing to debate.

if it were up to me , we would blow the entire middle east off the face of the earth. be done with it.
Then isn't Biden doing what you want by letting them do that to themselves/each-other?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:02 pm we have a massive clusterphucque. uncle joe is sitting in the chair. the buck stops there. nothing to debate.

Even that wouldn't fit the issue since Afghanistan isn't in the Middle East.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Mjl wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:11 pm

Then isn't Biden doing what you want by letting them do that to themselves/each-other?
i wish.
Deleted User 89

yet, here you are...debating
mich wrote:
illy wrote: Classy post
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/1 ... 01?cid=apn
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:15 pm

i wish.
You're saying you actually want him to actively, purposely blow up the Middle East?

I can't tell how your attitude is always "I don't care about anyone else", yet you don't like what Biden did here.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Mjl wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:18 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:15 pm

i wish.
You're saying you actually want him to actively, purposely blow up the Middle East?

I can't tell how your attitude is always "I don't care about anyone else", yet you don't like what Biden did here.
He's a republican. He has to hate EVERYTHING Biden does.

the "I don't care about anyone else" is just so you know for certain he's neither a snowflake, nor woke.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:28 pm
yet, here you are...debating
mich wrote:
illy wrote: Classy post
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/1 ... 01?cid=apn
“You can train and resource and support, which we did, but you can’t buy will.”

Pretty much sums it up. It's like countless coaches and teachers have told countless athletes and students over the years. "I can't want this more than you or you are destined to fail."

Afghan forces didn't even attempt to put up a fight.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Uncle Joe made some good points, but he's still gonna get a lot of blame.

We may get president de santis outta this.
Defense. Rebounds.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

we will have a republican in the White House in 2024. who, is up for debate.
Deleted User 89

... Various critics of President Biden are engaging in fantasies amid Kabul’s collapse: if only we’d used more force, demonstrated more will, stayed a few months longer, then the Taliban would have adopted a different strategy. John Allen, a retired Marine general and former commander of forces in Afghanistan, argued last week that Biden “should issue a public redline” and that “just this announcement will help the Afghan government and give the Taliban pause.” Ryan Crocker, a former ambassador to Afghanistan, was sharply critical of the withdrawal of the last 3,500 troops. Fred Kagan, of the American Enterprise Institute, argued that “keeping American military forces in Afghanistan indefinitely” would be “worth it.”

These criticisms ignore the developments of the past decade and downplay the impact of last May’s announcement. Even the Biden administration’s harshest detractors mostly concede that the United States would eventually have had to withdraw from Afghanistan. According to the U.S. military, the Taliban was stronger this year than it had been since 2001, while the Afghan defense forces were suffering from high rates of attrition. At some point, the attack on the Afghan government would have come, and U.S. troops would have been caught in the middle—leaving the U.S. to decide between surging thousands of troops or withdrawal...

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ty/619776/