FUCK ESPN

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: FUCK ESPN

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:31 pm Figures that a non KU grad would think a split screen was fine.
Be thankful Kansas is on TV in primetime to be split screened.

It's a good problem to have.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

What does that even mean?

Be thankful that chicken pad thai exists, it's a good problem to have.

Illy cares more for the BWW Chad's than the Jayhawk fans.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

pdub wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:36 pm

Actually, no. I have a peanut allergy, you see.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:35 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:31 pm Figures that a non KU grad would think a split screen was fine.
Be thankful Kansas is on TV in primetime to be split screened.

It's a good problem to have.
But it was a completely unforced error, especially with multiple outlets and modalities. It would very easily have been handled in a MUCH less obtrusive and obnoxious fashion.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I'm not a KU grad and I don't think it was fine, it pissed me off.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

guys…quit melting down

it’s unbecoming
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I feel like with streaming services and technology where it is, you should be able to select which game espn shows you. whether its the end of the previous game that is running late, the beginning of the later game that the early game is cutting into, or all of coach K's former players rimming his asshole simultaneously. we have technology, let us choose which coverage is shown
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:39 pm cutting into, or all of coach K's former players rimming his asshole simultaneously.
🤣🤣🤣

And then losing to a relatively mediocre UNC team.

Karma with a capital K.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

It seems like through the years, especially before the ESPN app, we've missed the start of a lot of KU games because Duke is on the time slot before, and their game against Florida State/Virginia Tech drags on and on. So in a way last weekend was perfect. KU had a tough game that went into overtime and cut into the big Coach K Duke party. and then north carolina went into Duke and whooped that ass. it was perfect
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:39 pm I feel like with streaming services and technology where it is, you should be able to select which game espn shows you. whether its the end of the previous game that is running late, the beginning of the later game that the early game is cutting into, or all of coach K's former players rimming his asshole simultaneously. we have technology, let us choose which coverage is shown
The thing is, you can. Nearly any TV made in the last two years will support ESPN+ on its native OS. And nearly any TV made in the last, I don't know, fifteen years will support a $40 streaming stick.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:46 pm It seems like through the years, especially before the ESPN app, we've missed the start of a lot of KU games because Duke is on the time slot before, and their game against Florida State/Virginia Tech drags on and on. So in a way last weekend was perfect. KU had a tough game that went into overtime and cut into the big Coach K Duke party. and then north carolina went into Duke and whooped that ass. it was perfect
Perfect except for the game that was on TV was unwatchable for a lot of people due to split-screening with non-game content. Stupid!
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And that is why people were butthurt about ESPN doing the split screen.. because they couldve just showed that shit on the app or ESPN news. We really did NOT need to see coach K standing there doing absolutely nothing before his game on the split screen while the KU texas game was like a 1 point game with 2 minutes left
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:54 pm And that is why people were butthurt about ESPN doing the split screen.. because they couldve just showed that shit on the app or ESPN news. We really did NOT need to see coach K standing there doing absolutely nothing before his game on the split screen while the KU texas game was like a 1 point game with 2 minutes left
Right. There was ample opportunity to handle this in an unobtrusive fashion. Shit, pop a fucking QR code in the corner that opens an unlocked ESPN+ link. We have the fucking technology!
Psychhawk

Post by Psychhawk »

i couldn't see the action on my TV, jumped to my computer espn app, it was split screen also. Took me almost the entire split screen time to find it without a split screen so I could actually see what was happening. It pissed me off missing minutes, just like when I continually have to miss the first 5 minutes of the KU game on espn when the game before it goes over. Had nothing whatsoever to do with the reason for the split screen I want to see the KU game.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ChalkRocker wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:43 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:36 pm

Actually, no. I have a peanut allergy, you see.
Have your chef use flax seeds instead.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:19 pm That's a whole other can of worms for me.

I HATE it when we don't maximize screens. Whether on TV, or Jumbotrons at games, or whatever.

I bought a 70" tv to see shit spread out across 70", not on a box covering 25% of my screen space. With a bunch of other shit on the screen. That's true for all programming, but especially sports, and even worse when it's to make room for rat face's ugly mug.

To me, it's like ordering a steak medium rare and then it comes out well done. I'm paying for a product, I tuned in to watch the KU game, not a less than ideal version of it.
I agree with this 100%. I also need to give a little credit to espn this year. They have not had joe lunardi's stupid, fat face on a split screen during one of our games all season. That used to pissmeoff big time.
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

pdub wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:28 pm illy is the guy on the online 5 PM Friday meeting who says he has some questions when the host is finished presenting.
I hate that guy.
Defense. Rebounds.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Are a lot of you still watching on 13" black and white TVs? I'd be willing to bet my 50" would be considered on the small side of TVs for a lot of people on this board, yet I didn't have any issue still seeing the game action. I, of course, didn't bother watching the other side of the split screen and focus on the game itself. If you know what they were showing for the K party, but couldn't see the game, where your eyes were focused might be the issue.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:56 am Are a lot of you still watching on 13" black and white TVs? I'd be willing to bet my 50" would be considered on the small side of TVs for a lot of people on this board, yet I didn't have any issue still seeing the game action. I, of course, didn't bother watching the other side of the split screen and focus on the game itself. If you know what they were showing for the K party, but couldn't see the game, where your eyes were focused might be the issue.
The illy double down card never plays well.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:23 am
NDballer13 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:56 am Are a lot of you still watching on 13" black and white TVs? I'd be willing to bet my 50" would be considered on the small side of TVs for a lot of people on this board, yet I didn't have any issue still seeing the game action. I, of course, didn't bother watching the other side of the split screen and focus on the game itself. If you know what they were showing for the K party, but couldn't see the game, where your eyes were focused might be the issue.
The illy double down card never plays well.
I get the frustration, just not the theory the game was unwatchable. Especially when the people saying they couldn't see any of the action somehow could make out what was going on in the other window that just happened to be the same size.