NBA Playoffs

Kansas Basketball.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: NBA Playoffs

Post by Sparko »

Ibid, Trad and TDub. I mostly blame the frenetic shot clock for the poor style of play
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NBA playoffs are usually exciting to me.
I just may be over saturated with sports this year.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I think part of it too is I grew up where 1 guy standing around dribbling in circles before launching a 30 foot three from the logo was a terrible shot.....not a designed play.

I also hate what it does to the kids. I see kids in parks now doing nothing but heaving logo 3s. I just wanna smack their heads and get them to do a Mikan drill or around the world, maybe a few bounce passes to yourself off the wall. practice free throws.. ..something.....anything other than poor form heaves from 35 ft repeatedly.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It helped us in the title game though when Caleb Love decided to go all Curry.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:54 pm Hawks looked dead in the water. Were down 16 and have made a crazy run. Trae and Bogdonavich hitting some big time shots. Still probably going to fall short. But they showed some serious heart. Future is bright in ATL.
Young with the double double of 25 points (on 20 shots) and 10 turnovers. It's like he still plays at Oklahoma...
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:32 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:54 pm Hawks looked dead in the water. Were down 16 and have made a crazy run. Trae and Bogdonavich hitting some big time shots. Still probably going to fall short. But they showed some serious heart. Future is bright in ATL.
Young with the double double of 25 points (on 20 shots) and 10 turnovers. It's like he still plays at Oklahoma...
yes...but did he do a shoulder shimmy and shush the crowd with each make? thats the important thing.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I like Trae Young - but no doubt the guy has been a dud so far in the series.
2-17 shooting 3s and 16 turnovers. That helps = a 0-2 deficit for his team.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:35 pm
yes...but did he do a shoulder shimmy and shush the crowd with each make? thats the important thing.
You would think at some point that someone would show him a chart that says that he shoots a huge percentage lower from 30 feet. So dumb. He's both why they win and why they lose.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Al Horford is having a hell of an NBA career.

Also, Tatum is a lot better than I ever expected him to be in the NBA. Not the most athletic guy, but god damn is he good (having a rough night so far tonight though).
Deleted User 863

Embiid!!!!
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Jo.
Deleted User 863

What a game. Philly did all they could to lose this game. And refs helped with a terrible foul call on Embiid late in OT.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Maybe Jay Wright is taking a year off until he can coach Jo. My goodness.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

5 thoughts followed by questions.....

1. Last night Embiid showed why he is an/the MVP. Despite him probably not going to win it.
Last night DeRozan showed why he is a legitimate MVP candidate. Despite him probably not going to finish top 5.
Who do you think WILL win MVP and who do you think SHOULD win MVP?

2. Kyrie and KD had a combined one more FG in the second half than I did.
Players have bad games but that's inexcusable.
Also, as I am now saying too often - if a head coach has any bearing in the NBA playoffs..... Then is Nash garbage? On a scale of 0-100 (0 being the worst NBA coach of all time and 100 being the best NBA coach of all time) rate Steve Nash as a coach.

3. The Eastern Conference is up for grabs. I could be wrong but at this moment I have to assume it's very close odds between the Celtics, Heat, 76ers, and Bucks winning the conference.
Who do you think will win the conference?

4. If Middleton is done for the rest of the season then I figure the Bucks have little to no chance of repeating. Be honest, before the playoffs started last year - did you think the Bucks would win the championship?

5. Looks like the winner of the Wolves/Grizz series will play the Warriors. How many games do you think it will it tale the Warriors to beat that team?

Bonus question. The 2021/2022 Lakers had LeBron, A.D., Westbrook, Carmelo, Dwight Howard, and Malik Monk on their team and finished 16 games under .500.
Yes, there are some valid reasons why but should that be considered the biggest failure season for a team in NBA history?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

1. Joker, Joker. I do think MVP should include playoffs though.
2. 51
3. If Middleton is out for a while then Celtics
4. No
5. 5

Bonus: Westbrook trade.
Deleted User 863

1. I think Jokic will win it. And I think Jokic probably should win it. But i still am holding out hope for Embiid.

2. He's average at best.

3. I think the celtics will win the east.

Odds are boston +240, bucks +280, miami +300, philly +390, nets +800

4. Before the season I thought the Lakers would win. Oops.

5. 4 games

Bonus: Very well might be. I'd maybe put the 73 win Warriors not winning the title ahead of it as far as failures go.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

1. Joker. Sentimentally Embiid.
2. 33.33333
3. At this moment I will say the Celtics. In 5 minutes I might say Heat, Bucks, or 76ers.
4. No
5. 5
Bonus - Has to be strongly considered.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

“Bonus: Very well might be. I'd maybe put the 73 win Warriors not winning the title ahead of it as far as failures go.”

Wut?
They lost in Game 7 of the Finals.
The Lakers weren’t even in the expanded playoffs.