Kansas vs indiana (official gamethread)

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Kansas vs indiana (official gamethread)

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:50 am
randylahey wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:49 am
KUTradition wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:42 am Yes - 42.2% fg, 34.8% 3pt

Bobby - 64.7% fg, 50% 3pt

:lol:
Yes is still a better shooter. But that stat is a huge testimony to pettifords shot selection. He basically takes lay ups. Thats it. If he gets to the rim without much contest he converts. And I think he is 1 for 2 from 3 this season lol

Like I said pettiford plays smart sound basketball
Yesefu should try that approach.
What was Yesufu doing, passing up a wide open three with 9 on the shot clock?

He and Pettiford really don't provide much at all. I would absolutely favor Pettiford over Yesufu, just because there's a lot more development potential there. Yesufu is a more likeable Tharpe.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

McCullar and Bill were absolutely going after each other last 5 minutes of the half. Actually great to see. They want to be good so badly.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:34 am I wish Wilson was a higher percentage shooter. Dude needs a lot of volume to get his numbers.
Wilson actually plays pretty efficiently considering his role. He is the main guy defenses key in on, so he won't ever really get a ton of easy open looks. The other guys will because of him. He tries to play within our offense, and occasionally he gets good looks from that, but a lot of his drives and attempts to create come later in the shot clock.

Jalen could shoot a little better. But im not gonna complain. Hes playing really good basketball
Last edited by randylahey on Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Yes is still a better shooter. But that stat is a huge testimony to pettifords shot selection. He basically takes lay ups. Thats it. If he gets to the rim without much contest he converts. And I think he is 1 for 2 from 3 this season lol

Yeah, that's why using those stats as some sort of "gotcha" looks pretty silly.

Yesufu is a better outside shooter than Bobby. Bobby is better at getting to the rim.

Neither have shown that they are "good" at offense (@ KU).
Deleted User 863

randylahey wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:53 am
twocoach wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:34 am I wish Wilson was a higher percentage shooter. Dude needs a lot of volume to get his numbers.
Wilson actually plays pretty efficiently considering his role. He is the main guy defenses key in on, so he won't ever really get a ton of easy open looks. The other guys will because of him. He tries to play within our offense, and occasionally he gets good look from that, but a lot of his drives and attempts to create come later in the shot clock.

Jalen could shoot a little better. But im not gonna complain. Hes playing really good basketball
This.

Jalen is shooting 36.5% from 3pt.

6th most double doubles in the country. Top 10 or so in scoring.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i guess Yes can be better at games of HORSE, so there’s that
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

That’s GA overfill section. It’s better filled in now, but still some empties.

Either way, I think the dorms closed last night.
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:54 am

i guess Yes can be better at games of HORSE, so there’s that
Based on his lack of playing time, i don't think he's been lighting up many horse games lately either.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:50 am Dajuan picked up 2 fouls early. That was the best we've looked without him for extended minutes. Pettiford did his job. He's a good back up point
Agreed. We had a few sloppy possessions but cleaned it up here and there. We were up 12 when Harris went out with 9+ minutes left and finished up 15 so that's better than we normally do without Harris for that long.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:54 am

That picture makes me sad.

In the late 90s and early 2000s when I went to multiple games per month I don't think I ever saw something like that.

Especially not for the biggest non con home game of the season. On a Saturday. With no ice storm or some special circumstance.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Sparko wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:51 am Looking at this season, few games and extra practice is really telling. I have not seen better blockouts and rebounding in some time.
Yeah, really good boxing out, especially by Ejiofor, but the wings too
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:53 am
Wilson actually plays pretty efficiently considering his role. He is the main guy defenses key in on, so he won't ever really get a ton of easy open looks. The other guys will because of him. He tries to play within our offense, and occasionally he gets good looks from that, but a lot of his drives and attempts to create come later in the shot clock.

Agreed. Not a complaint, more just wishful thinking. Wilson has played aggressive but not selfish which has been great. And he is always going after rebounds which costs him some shots at some cheap runout buckets over time. Overall, I am pleasantly surprised with how well he has stepped up in his opportunity this season. Always nice to see a guy put in the work to take advantage of their chance to be That Guy.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Yesefu passing up being wide open on the perimeter was surprising. I wonder if he ever gets his confidence/comfort level. He's had a few moments.. but for the most part his physical tools are too far ahead of his mental tools and that is an awkward combination. He moves faster than his brain thinks and that gets him in trouble with turnovers sometimes

I used to say the same thing about tyshawn. And things didn't really ever "click" for him until during his senior season
Last edited by randylahey on Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

11am on the first day of Christmas break. In the middle of a shopping day. Imagine the Paige.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:52 am
twocoach wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:50 am

Yesefu should try that approach.
What was Yesufu doing, passing up a wide open three with 9 on the shot clock?
The previous possession was his awful 16-foot floater. You could see Bill was livid with that. Might have told him not to shoot
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:57 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:54 am

That picture makes me sad.

In the late 90s and early 2000s when I went to multiple games per month I don't think I ever saw something like that.

Especially not for the biggest non con home game of the season. On a Saturday. With no ice storm or some special circumstance.
My guess is that 7 minutes prior to tip like in that pic that it looked like that multiple times and you just didn't notice or you don't recall because it's a random thing from 20+ years ago.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

JW is such a stud
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
LosCondorAzule
Contributor

Post by LosCondorAzule »

Damn.. fast break turns into a foul on us.. ugh
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:02 pm Yesefu passing up being wide open on the perimeter was surprising. I wonder if he ever gets his confidence/comfort level. He's had a few moments.. but for the most part his physical tools are too far ahead of his mental tools and that is an awkward combination. He moves faster than his brain thinks and that gets him in trouble with turnovers sometimes

I used to say the same thing about tyshawn. And things didn't really ever "click" for him until during his senior season
He's also 2-6 inches too short for his game.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Juan not playing well