Conference Race

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: Conference Race

Post by twocoach »

ISU hangs on and give KSU an L. That helps.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

KenPom conference predictions has KU, K-State, ISU, and Texas all finishing at 11-7 and all co-champions of the Big XII...sounds weird, but the league is so tough that not much would surprise me at this point.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Kenpom conference predictions are trash.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

They're definitely odd.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think 12-6 might do it.
We gotta go 7-3 rest of the way.

That includes roadies to UT, ISU and TCU.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

3 teams at 6-2 and 3 teams at 5-3.

Just an absurd conference.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Vegas has the odds in KUs favor again with kstates loss last night.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Stop with the home losses and you never know.

ISU winning last night didn’t help our cause all that much, imo. Still have to go to Ames.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:23 am Stop with the home losses and you never know.

ISU winning last night didn’t help our cause all that much, imo. Still have to go to Ames.
KSU not picking up a tough road win helps Kansas as those are the toughest wins to get that help teams win conference titles in my opinion. And yeah, KU obviously needs to hold serve at home for the rest of the year as should any team contending for the Big 12 title. We'll see how it plays out over the next few weeks.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:39 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:23 am Stop with the home losses and you never know.

KSU not picking up a tough road win helps Kansas as those are the toughest wins to get that help teams win conference titles in my opinion. And yeah, KU obviously needs to hold serve at home for the rest of the year as should any team contending for the Big 12 title. We'll see how it plays out over the next few weeks.
Yeah, there’s a few ways to look at it. I think a home loss by ISU would have kind of put them as not a favorite. Now they are a favorite. Easiest way to catch a team is to beat them outright, and we play Kansas State at home and ISU on the road. I also just don’t believe Kansas State is some juggernaut. Top 15ish, like us. They’re going to drop road games.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:16 am

Yeah, there’s a few ways to look at it. I think a home loss by ISU would have kind of put them as not a favorite. Now they are a favorite. Easiest way to catch a team is to beat them outright, and we play Kansas State at home and ISU on the road. I also just don’t believe Kansas State is some juggernaut. Top 15ish, like us. They’re going to drop road games.
Watching Nowell hero ball it last night was interesting. KSU goes as he goes.

There seems to be 5-6 contenders for the Big 12 title still so I just cheer for the home teams in games between two non-KU teams in that contender list. If a few teams start to peel away from the pack by 2+ games in either direction then I adjust but right now, it's a big log jam and I want it to stay that way until KU can right the ship.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:07 pm

There seems to be 5-6 contenders for the Big 12 title still so I just cheer for the home teams in games between two non-KU teams in that contender list. If a few teams start to peel away from the pack by 2+ games in either direction then I adjust but right now, it's a big log jam and I want it to stay that way until KU can right the ship.
Frustrating because KU shut him down. But then Sills and his 8 ppg decides to go for 24. And he's scored 4 and 0 since. *Sigh*

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:31 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:07 pm

Frustrating because KU shut him down. But then Sills and his 8 ppg decides to go for 24. And he's scored 4 and 0 since. *Sigh*
That's a legit question. Why is it that KU always seem to have a random bench dude go off on them? When it happens seemingly a dozen times a season then I tend to stop believing that it is just a fluke. Is KU's defensive system prone to ignoring a guy? Is just the whole "everyone wants to show out when they play Kansas because of the increased eyes on the game? It's to the point where it's a sick joke it happens so frequently.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I think that's another one of those things that are much easier to notice when it's your team. Happens to everyone occasionally.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I think about it the way way they do tennis matches. Winning at home is like holding serve. Also , winning at the bottom four road games is also equivalent to holding. Hold all your serves and break two-three of the top teams’ road games you win the conference. This year more teams will hold serve
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

everyone wants to show out when they play Kansas because of the increased eyes on the game?

i really think this is a lot of it, personally
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:30 pm everyone wants to show out when they play Kansas because of the increased eyes on the game?

i really think this is a lot of it, personally
definitely, we get everyone's best shot. Its part of being the King.
Last edited by TDub on Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

zsn wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:38 pm

I think about it the way way they do tennis matches. Winning at home is like holding serve. Also , winning at the bottom four road games is also equivalent to holding. Hold all your serves and break two-three of the top teams’ road games you win the conference. This year more teams will hold serve
Haven't heard that analogy but I'd say my thinking is pretty much the same.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:36 pm I think that's another one of those things that are much easier to notice when it's your team.
I've had friends whom are fans of other Big 12 schools tell me and chuckle about their teams always having some nobody show out against us. There's something to being a target and being on ESPN/CBS rather then the secondary channels.