Crimson/Blue Fest headcount 2023

Coffee talk.
defixione
Contributor

Re: Crimson/Blue Fest headcount 2023

Post by defixione »

Good. Bob is finally going to have his wake.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I knew I would find a use for that old lab equipment.

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Udoka loves to stay up late and party with the big kids.

He is getting ready for the road trip.

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I volunteer to apply his eyebrows
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

And another thing, for those of you coming out from lower elevations, take time to acclimate.

We had a tourist from FL die in RMNP yesterday. He flew into the airport and drove straight up to 11,000 feet and went walking. Develops acute altitude sickness and now he is gone. Age and physical fitness is not a direct indicator. My sister who is a marathon runner and her son who is in early 20's and also a runner made a similar mistake. Flew to Denver from St Louis and drove straight up to the top of Mt Evans. They missed a day of their vacation with a bad headache but knew enough to drive back down to Denver when it started. The cutoff line seems to be at 8,000 feet. The valley is 7,600 feet. Driving in from the Plains your will pass over some passes that will exceed 10,000 feet but you won't be there long. If you have plans to spend a day about 10,000 spend at least one night below 8,000 feet before you go up.

And if you see a moose or an elk or a bear, for fucks sake don't try to pet the damn thing.

I just heard from Feral. He is boarding a plane for KC shortly. I should see him on Sunday afternoon.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I guy I worked with lost his 4 year old son due to altitude sickness in RMNP. It's no joke.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Last time I went to Breckenridge, we drove immediately there from Denver.
We had a spot a bit higher elevation in the town, so probably over 10k feet ( from 100-200 feet ).
I couldn't sleep for most of the trip because I felt like I just couldn't get enough oxygen.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I have gone on backpacking trips where we spent 4-5 days above 11,000 feet hopping between a string of lakes in the Holy Cross Wilderness. I always stopped and spent a day and night in Denver or the Springs first. That was usually enough time.

THC gummies help, I carry those in my pack. Makes for a good night's sleep. There is a dispensary in Hooper, Moffat, Villa Grove and one on Hwy 112 just west of Center. If you aren't sure what to get, ask the budtender and tell them you want a good night's sleep. If you haven't been in a rec dispensary before because you live in State that doesn't allow that shit it is worth $20 to stop in just to say you have. The Dixie Elixir drinks are good as well.

And whatever you do, do not exceed the dosage on the packaging.

There is nothing more embarrassing than a tourist going to the ER because they ate an entire 100 mg chocolate bar because "they didn't think it was working" and now think they are "dying".

I already heard from Day Ray/ Night Ray and Special K. They were excited to hear that there is a party in town next week. Chances are their pockets will be filled with blunts when they get to the Spud Lounge so you don't need to buy any leaf or preroll for the event. And if after the last game of the day is over you feel like hitting the trampoline, let them know. It's right across the street.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

It's not neon, but it feels like it. We will go around the corner to check it out after dark at Bill's Big Party Garage. It was his third day in town when one of the artist's who came out for the Solstice walked over and was standing next to me, surveying "the scene" around us.

"This has been transformational."

He meant personal, not wut we had wrought upon the unsuspecting small town.

I smiled and nodded my head. Nothing more to say really.

The San Luis Valley has that effect on people. They lose themselves in the culture, in the natural beauty, in the people.

Tomorrow night I am going to see Julie Jacklin play at the Record Bar. It will be hot AF, the crowd will be packed in like sardines and I will get good and high so I can absorb it all. My oldest daughter will be there, she is visiting from Chicago. Dok and I will hit the road at sun up the next morning, heading west on I-70.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-aXMU3Et90
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

japhy wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:19 pm I knew I would find a use for that old lab equipment.

prefect.

RIP, Bob.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

One quick change in the schedule.

On Monday we will now have a food truck in front of our buildings all day. Erica, who won the San Luis Valley Chili Cookoff a couple of years ago, has agreed to feed us all day and all night. She will set up around 11:00 AM and will stay until no one has the munchies any more.

Her food is great, real deal northern New Mexican.

She prefers cash.

I will pick up the beer from Victor the Knife's liquor store in the morning before you all get there.

You don't have to leave Town all day unless you didn't get a room at the Frontier and are sleeping in Monte that night.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Someone plz take pics even if you have to blur out kcrim posters faces.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

pdub wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:07 pm Someone plz take pics even if you have to blur out kcrim posters faces.
Was thinking something more along the lines of a dance video.

In the style of László Moholy-Nagy maybe? He is trending right now.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:58 pm
I will pick up the beer from Victor the Knife's liquor store in the morning before you all get there.

You don't have to leave Town all day unless you didn't get a room at the Frontier and are sleeping in Monte that night.
That food truck is the bomb!
Also, don’t suggest that Victors’ knife is kind of small…he will go to his truck and bring out a REAL knife!

Wife and I are staying at the Frontier. We will most likely make our way to Creede at some point, and no trip to the valley is complete without a stop in Crestone!
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

We should hit the Valley around 1 pm Sunday
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The pews are going to be full for the Sunday night gathering at the Church of St. Stevieboy.

I will make sure we are we'll stocked with blessed sacrament.

Services will start at 8:00 PM.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The first attendee checked in. Defix arrived safe and warm last night.

It is 85 deg here in KC already. It has warmed up to 64 in Center. It will prolly be 105 in central KS tomorrow afternoon as Dok and I roll thru.

We (Defix and his wife and I) will set up chairs and tables on the sidewalk on "Main Street" outside of the Spud Lounge on Saturday morning. We will have free coffee and donuts. Every stranger or friend walking down the sidewalk will be offered a chair and cup of coffee & donut. It's a little social experiment that has been discussed for awhile.

A cup of hot coffee in your hands feels good on a cool morning.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

This live blog is already captivating.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

The gals and I will be driving from Colorado Springs on Sunday morning. We will have a (hopefully) quick stop in Cañon City on the way. I will be there by 3pm tip-off, come hell or high water. I'm pushing for lunch, but I will pick my battles on a roadtrip. I think I am sending them off for some sandboarding Sunday. Sadly, these NY gals probably know a little more about ice hockey than basketball.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The party doesn't officially start until Monday at noon and the first game is at 3:00PM on Monday but it seems like we will have a number of folks around town on Sunday afternoon. We will have a church potluck dinner in the dining hall of the Church of St. Stevieboy on Sunday night for those parishioners attending the service later that night. I picked up my contribution to the potluck earlier today.