Mahomie

Kansas Football.
kubandalum

Re: Mahomie

Post by kubandalum »

Jakehawk wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:42 am Don't know if this has been posted yet but check out this read about Mahomes. He actually practices some of those crazy throws!

Legend of the Long Toss: Stories of Patrick Mahomes II’s Awe-Inspiring Passing - The Ringer
https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playoffs/ ... est-passer
Great article! Thanks.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

“The inside story of how Patrick Mahomes landed with the Chiefs” — Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... th-chiefs/
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Evidently Berry wasn't even at practice today. Not hard to imagine the Chiefs finally just telling him to stay home.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

13 million for what, 5 quarters of play this season?
Pretty good.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

pdub wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:29 pm 13 million for what, 5 quarters of play this season?
Pretty good.
He played 5 quarters?
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I was just guessing.
3 quarters?
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:15 pm Evidently Berry wasn't even at practice today. Not hard to imagine the Chiefs finally just telling him to stay home.
He is done. A complete amateur hour managing of that injury situation. More than enough blame to go around for all parties involved.

He signed his big deal the week of the Patriots game two years ago. Played and got hurt in the first half. Sat out all of last year and then played in two games this year. Quarters wise that would be, by my count a total of 9 quarters (give or take) since he signed his mega deal. That is now two deals that previous ownership has gotten fleeced on from the defensive side.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

But in the two games he played in this year, he missed multiple quarters.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Exactly.

Patriots game 2017: 4 quarters (injured with under 5 minutes left)
2018: Just off of memory- Chargers game he played 2 quarters, Seahawks he played, maybe 4.

That is 10 quarters.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:58 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:15 pm Evidently Berry wasn't even at practice today. Not hard to imagine the Chiefs finally just telling him to stay home.
He is done. A complete amateur hour managing of that injury situation. More than enough blame to go around for all parties involved.

He signed his big deal the week of the Patriots game two years ago. Played and got hurt in the first half. Sat out all of last year and then played in two games this year. Quarters wise that would be, by my count a total of 9 quarters (give or take) since he signed his mega deal. That is now two deals that previous ownership has gotten fleeced on from the defensive side.
I have a hard time respecting Berry's process here. I don't begrudge him the contract, obviously no one can question his toughness and resolve. But he should have just gone on IR and let the Chiefs plan to not have him. I also don't know if, by failing to go on IR, Berry precluded the Chiefs from making an insurance claim on his money.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Good point. I really can't see who is more at fault. Seems like both sides screwed this all up.

The part that really bothered me was after the Chargers game he mentioned that he could have played the week before (b-more) but after talking it over with Reid and his parents he felt like his spirit wasn't right. We learned that day that no amount of rest was going to do anymore good it was simply going to be about pain management.
No one would have said anything if Berry came out and said because of my previous medical history and injuries I can no longer play this game. But we, as fans, have been led to believe that EB would be ready to go for the playoffs. Now it looks like his season and his career is probably finished. With that amount of mismanagement I can't decide which side takes the most blame.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He's going to have offseason surgery and still collect the rest of his paycheck.
He gets what, 17 mill next year?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

So is there a line to be drawn on acceptable office attire for Red Friday?

It seems more and more staffers are coming in with ripped Derrick Thomas jerseys or zubaz pants.

You'll find me the crotchety old guy still dressed business casual and pissy that my team's season is over.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

2019: 12.5 million with a dead cap hit of 14.9 million.

2020 his dead cap number is only 8 million

Hahaha I'm going to wear a nice Nike Chiefs jacket and a Mahomes headband, lol.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

And it looks like this thread is more about Eric Berry.

So, my uninformed question is: the 610 afternoon guys said all summer not to expect much of anything out of Berry or Houston this season b/c it's so hard to come back. That seemed reasonable. Are these happenings w/ Berry that shocking or should draw this much ire?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:45 pm He's going to have offseason surgery and still collect the rest of his paycheck.
The contract is the contract. My brother thinks he should pull a Gil Meche and retire and give up the rest of the money.

Of course that is absurd.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:55 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:45 pm He's going to have offseason surgery and still collect the rest of his paycheck.
The contract is the contract. My brother thinks he should pull a Gil Meche and retire and give up the rest of the money.

I am sure your brother would be first in line to forego a bunch of money he fairly bargained and contracted to receive. I guess maybe if it meant early retirement . . .
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:52 pm So is there a line to be drawn on acceptable office attire for Red Friday?

It seems more and more staffers are coming in with ripped Derrick Thomas jerseys or zubaz pants.

You'll find me the crotchety old guy still dressed business casual and pissy that my team's season is over.
lol zubaz
Defense. Rebounds.
shindig

Post by shindig »

I guess I'm a bad fan, I still don't own any Chiefs gear...tons of Royals and KU gear. I might have to pick up a Mahomes head band.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:57 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:55 pm

I am sure your brother would be first in line to forego a bunch of money he fairly bargained and contracted to receive. I guess maybe if it meant early retirement . . .
It remains bizarre to me that people consistently take the position that the owners should get more money.