Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: Totally random thread

Post by Deleted User 89 »

maybe she’s just a dukes of hazard fan?
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Former classmate of mine has a daughter going through a very rough time. Thought this is a nice story to share.

https://tanksgoodnews.com/2019/06/25/pi ... fdBJY6CgTk
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Paul1 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:38 am Former classmate of mine has a daughter going through a very rough time. Thought this is a nice story to share.

https://tanksgoodnews.com/2019/06/25/pi ... fdBJY6CgTk
Incredibly touching.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 266

It's a really nice story. I know her father was trying hard to make it happen.
There have been so many people who have been so supportive.
If you care to read her Caring Bridge it's pretty incredible to see/read what Nora has gone trough.

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elea ... rd/journal
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Hilarious. Makes me like this guy even more. American women are going nuts.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dalai-l ... 29899.html
Deleted User 266

"Hilarious" is that it makes you like the guy even more.
As far as "American women are going nuts", you mean less than 1% of the American female population? What about the other 99%?
Deleted User 104

Paul1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:31 pm "Hilarious" is that it makes you like the guy even more.
As far as "American women are going nuts", you mean less than 1% of the American female population? What about the other 99%?
Not sure what percent of women would call themselves feminists, but I'm sure it's higher than 1%.

The biggest reason it's funny is because the Dalai Lama was banned from Twitter before Donald Trump was. How could that happen? Trump has said far more offensive things than what the Dalai Lama wrote.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Lobster, what happened to you in life to make you this way?
Deleted User 104

I woke up.
Deleted User 266

lobster wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:24 pm
Paul1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:31 pm "Hilarious" is that it makes you like the guy even more.
Not sure what percent of women would call themselves feminists, but I'm sure it's higher than 1%.

The biggest reason it's funny is because the Dalai Lama was banned from Twitter before Donald Trump was. How could that happen? Trump has said far more offensive things than what the Dalai Lama wrote.
Percentage of American women who consider themselves feminists probably is higher than 1%.
Thing is not too many people knew what the Dali Lama had said when you made your post. Probably less than 2% of Americans - and my guess is of the 1% of those that are women - not all of them really give/gave a shit.

I admit I know very little about the Dali Lama and Donald Trump being banned from Twitter. I believe they are both currently able to use Twitter as a platform to spew their narish.
If it's a contest between which one of them is the bigger asshole on Twitter - then I agree with you. Trump has said far more offensive things. Good for him?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not interested enough to figure out what happened but this is still active, no?
https://twitter.com/DalaiLama?ref_src=t ... r%5Eauthor
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

lobster wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:32 pmI woke up.
Pretty sure that isn't the answer
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:26 am Not interested enough to figure out what happened but this is still active, no?
Yeah I heard this too...dalai lama got banned?

Apparently twitter is NOT the place to be preaching compassion.

...wait, just looked it up. In an interview he said he was open to his successor being female, but she should be attractive.

Seems rather unenlightened?

Or maybe he has a point... though true beauty is on the inside, why not also have her be a babe?

And while we’re at it, make sure she’s also a big hitter off the tee.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

and no short hair

amiright?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^^

and while she’s at it, ditch the robes and wear a sundress
Deleted User 104

pdub wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:26 am Not interested enough to figure out what happened but this is still active, no?
Well the article said they were "going to ban" him. Maybe they changed their minds after realizing how silly that would be. And no Paul1, never said it was a good thing in regards to Trump. Sometimes he is funny though.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

apparently it was next to a horrible woman.

You're painting with pretty broad strokes. I don't think American women are "going nuts" at a rate any faster than American men.

There are a lot of amazing women out there, I'm not sure what you're doing wrong that they're eluding you, or that you seem to attract or gravitate toward women who you deem crazy, but I hope you figure it out.

If this is based solely off things you see in the media or pop culture, keep in mind that often times the individuals who are the exception are the ones who stand out and receive the most attention. Meaning, you might have plenty of examples of 'crazy' women, but this might just be a minority who happen to stand out.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Stop trying to turn this into another conspiracy thread and get this one back on topic!

so a fishing guest randomly gave me half a bottle of bourbon that he couldn’t finish/take home with him.

Anyone had Belle Meade?
Deleted User 104

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:21 pm

You're painting with pretty broad strokes. I don't think American women are "going nuts" at a rate any faster than American men.

There are a lot of amazing women out there, I'm not sure what you're doing wrong that they're eluding you, or that you seem to attract or gravitate toward women who you deem crazy, but I hope you figure it out.

If this is based solely off things you see in the media or pop culture, keep in mind that often times the individuals who are the exception are the ones who stand out and receive the most attention. Meaning, you might have plenty of examples of 'crazy' women, but this might just be a minority who happen to stand out.
Just an FYI, I've been married to a wonderful woman for 5 years now. I'm just pointing this out to show how off you are with your assumptions about people. Just because I point out the hypocrisy and stupidity of a lot of American feminists doesn't not mean I've been dating them. lol
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

lobster wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:47 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:21 pm

Just an FYI, I've been married to a wonderful woman for 5 years now. I'm just pointing this out to show how off you are with your assumptions about people. Just because I point out the hypocrisy and stupidity of a lot of American feminists doesn't not mean I've been dating them. lol
I didn't make any assumptions. my first sentence was a joke.

You're either interacting with negative women, though, or, as I posted, you're seeing negative examples of them somewhere.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.