The Worst People in the World...

Coffee talk.
Geezer

Re: The Worst People in the World...

Post by Geezer »

Stormfront still around? there are plenty of sites that welcome racists.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Unless there is another explanation for this, it would appear that PDub was right that Chauvin is a POS, AND that I was right that a significant portion of the blame nevertheless falls on the MPD:

https://twitter.com/TasneemN/status/1266057697964822531
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:16 pm Stormfront still around? there are plenty of sites that welcome racists.
OK.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

You actually believe he needs training not to kill people in custody?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:13 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:24 pm
pdub wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:39 pm

I try not to be quick to assign an individual as racist.
It's a finger pointing thing over the last, oh, 10 years, that's become a way to quickly negate another person's argument who disagrees with you.
It's annoying.

In count's case, whatever benefit of the doubt i've given him, is pretty much gone.
i don't know him, or his views

but, he either believes in what he posts (is a racist, etc) or posts such things only to troll

either way, imo there is no place for such things
No place?

Again, if we're talking about THIS site, that's an easy one. But do you mean just here or do mean in general?
i mean in general

how else do we progress, as a community or a society?

it isn’t by tolerating hate, imo

do you not agree that condemning such actions, in one way or another, is the way forward?
Deleted User 89

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:15 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:22 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:50 pm

The count is, as I've said, an ass who is intentionally insulting. Moreover, as everyone in the world understands, he has no "right" to say anything he wants in this forum or almost any other online forum. If this were my forum, I'd probably be LESS willing to let him continue to fill the pages here with garbage.

So...again, with all of that stipulated: in your opinion, who is responsible for deciding who does or not does "get a voice?" And based on what criteria?
society (i.e. a majority) decides

the bolder part is what bother me most about his continued allowed presence here

he can’t plead ignorance, therefore his posting continually goes against what i thought were the “rules” if this board

jmo, but thee is nothing positive that results from providing him with an outlet
Unfortunately, I read your posts in reverse order. It appears that you mean "in general," there's "no place" for the Count to have a voice?

And that "society" decides who should or should not have a voice?

Is that accurate?
yes
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Geezer wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:16 pm Stormfront still around? there are plenty of sites that welcome racists.
Right ( and maybe not as extreme as stormfront ).
There should be sites that I feel should be protected by the 1st no matter what they are saying on said sites -- the person who runs it decides.
If count wants to go there, or sit around his lawn and chat with his fam/friends about things we think are vile, he should always have that right, and it would be against much of what I think this country has to offer over others to try and stop that.

On this site, however, there's a line, and i've warned him so many times.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Reddit has forums where he'd come across as timid, and shy.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The problem with "progressing as a society/community at a mass level as large as a country" is that there are millions of other people who disagree with your ideals of progressing as a society/community.

Their voice, no matter how vile we think their voice, should not be silenced as long as their voice is in the right venue.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:20 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:24 pm
i don't know him, or his views

but, he either believes in what he posts (is a racist, etc) or posts such things only to troll

either way, imo there is no place for such things
No place?

Again, if we're talking about THIS site, that's an easy one. But do you mean just here or do mean in general?
i mean in general

do you not agree that condemning such actions, in one way or another, is the way forward?
There's a difference between condemning and silencing.

Also, I tend to believe that silencing those with whom the majority disagrees is NOT the way "forward."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

4chan and 8kun see your reddit and raise you.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:25 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:20 pm

No place?

i mean in general

There's a difference between condemning and silencing.

Also, I tend to believe that silencing those with whom the majority disagrees is NOT the way "forward."
DC and I agree.
On that.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:59 pm It is what is going on.
Burning buildings/breaking windows etc. not good -- the people doing them are being assholes and doing what they are doing is not going to help anything.

Count's sources he gets his info/links from, as you said, suck, and I'd agree, I think at it's root, are pretty racist. He can 'get away' with that to an extent on the poli-bored, bc its a cesspool, but also I want even 'folks' like him to have a voice...but over there.
No, what's not happening is that CNN is not running the stories that he was attempting to pass off as legitimate stories. We obviously know what a dip shit Count is so we obviously fact check (or ignore) his stupidity but posting shit like that is a deliberate attempt to troll and lie. That shit shouldn't be allowed on any of the boards here. Post something that turns out to be inaccurate then fine, it happens as new information is gathered. But to deliberately utilize faked information and to attempt to pass that fake information off as legitimate is freaking maddening.

There are thousands of morons sharing shit on Facebook/Twitter etc... that are just believable enough to people who want to believe it that it becomes their truth and it has poisoned our nation. It's such a chicken shit move.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:21 pm
So there's this. From a U.S. Senator, who could have been the Democratic Party nominee. This OK with you?

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1266108526394576916
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:28 pm
Burning buildings/breaking windows etc. not good -- the people doing them are being assholes and doing what they are doing is not going to help anything.

Count's sources he gets his info/links from, as you said, suck, and I'd agree, I think at it's root, are pretty racist. He can 'get away' with that to an extent on the poli-bored, bc its a cesspool, but also I want even 'folks' like him to have a voice...but over there.
No, what's not happening is that CNN is not running the stories that he was attempting to pass off as legitimate stories. We obviously know what a dip shit Count is so we obviously fact check (or ignore) his stupidity but posting shit like that is a deliberate attempt to troll and lie. That shit shouldn't be allowed on any of the boards here. Post something that turns out to be inaccurate then fine, it happens as new information is gathered. But to deliberately utilize faked information and to attempt to pass that fake information off as legitimate is freaking maddening.

There are thousands of morons sharing shit on Facebook/Twitter etc... that are just believable enough to people who want to believe it that it becomes their truth and it has poisoned our nation. It's such a chicken shit move.
Ah. So your beef is that he shared a fake source telling accurate stories?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There are plenty of memes/photos posted on the poli-bored by the 'other side' that are photoshopped.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:30 pm

So you're telling me that local businesses really were handing out free merchandise and starting bonfires to provide warmth for the protestors? Interesting. I hadn't seen that reported anywhere else...
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:29 pm
So there's this. From a U.S. Senator, who could have been the Democratic Party nominee. This OK with you?

you disagree with anything?
Deleted User 89

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:29 pm

ok with which?

do i think social media sites have a responsibility to regulate their content?

yes

i realize this stance carries with it problems associated with “gray areas”

but, imz/count doesn’t fall into that category

neither does the donald posting flat out lies fit into that category
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:34 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:30 pm

So you're telling me that local businesses really were handing out free merchandise and starting bonfires to provide warmth for the protestors? Interesting. I hadn't seen that reported anywhere else...
I'm just trying to follow your "logic," whatever it is. You're unhappy that his link wrongly stated that the people leaving Target were law-abiding, when, in reality, they were looters?

Seems like the kind of thinking that might get you tossed in trad's thoughtcrime jail.