jfish26
Contributor

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by jfish26 »

So gross.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

now reports of Trump to Scotland the day before inauguration?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Yep, Pence is going to catch the brunt of disdain from the Trumpahoes.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:52 am
After seeing this, and the countless other examples, why are there so many who remain loyal to Trump? He's just gonna throw you under the bus when it benefits him.

I mean, if undermining our democracy and shitting all over America weren't enough reason to not remain loyal to Trump.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 62

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:55 am
After seeing this, and the countless other examples, why are there so many who remain loyal to Trump? He's just gonna throw you under the bus when it benefits him.

I mean, if undermining our democracy and shitting all over America weren't enough reason to not remain loyal to Trump.
Everyday, sometimes many times a day, I shake my head in disbelief that this is how far we have fallen in 4 short years.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:55 am

It's wild - it is so obvious that all loyalty will buy you is a bigger bus to be thrown under.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

But there seems to be a never ending pool of people willing to put Trump ahead of their own integrity, ahead of country, ahead of party, and ahead of human decency.

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

power (or, at least the facade of it)
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Frightening how close to reality Idiocracy has become. Cognitive dissonance equals “Shut up.” Tik Tok is basically “Ow my Balls!”
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

cuz it’s got electrolytes
Deleted User 62

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:00 am But there seems to be a never ending pool of people willing to put Trump ahead of their own integrity, ahead of country, ahead of party, and ahead of human decency.
It is fueled by the fear of the Trump cult.
Republicans are terrified that without this group in their base, and knowing that they are past the tipping point on drawing new blood to their party, their only chance of staying in power is to play by the Infant In Commands' playbook.

Fucking sad that this country is torn in half.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:16 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:00 am But there seems to be a never ending pool of people willing to put Trump ahead of their own integrity, ahead of country, ahead of party, and ahead of human decency.
Republicans are terrified that without this group in their base, and knowing that they are past the tipping point on drawing new blood to their party, their only chance of staying in power is to play by the Infant In Commands' playbook.

This is accurate. Republicans can't run without Trumps support and do well. Trump is the absolute worst thing to happen to this country. It's not Mitch, it's not Obama, it's not Biden, it's not any of the others. Trump has caused such a divide that republican person in office or running for office absolutely will struggle if they don't have the Trump mafia behind them. It's truly sad. I truly miss the days of say the McCain/Obama election period where McCain put an end to Obama "arab" and non-American talks really quick and ran on actual fundamentals, not fear and power.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 62

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:24 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:16 pm

This is accurate. Republicans can't run without Trumps support and do well. Trump is the absolute worst thing to happen to this country. It's not Mitch, it's not Obama, it's not Biden, it's not any of the others. Trump has caused such a divide that republican person in office or running for office absolutely will struggle if they don't have the Trump mafia behind them. It's truly sad. I truly miss the days of say the McCain/Obama election period where McCain put an end to Obama "arab" and non-American talks really quick and ran on actual fundamentals, not fear and power.
Horrific events in US history by severity:
Slavery
Trump
WW1
WW2
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Dude.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 62

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:14 pmDude.
Yeah, Trump may have trumped slavery.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

It's a really bad idea to rank that stuff. Even if you do listing slavery as the least bad thing?
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 62

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:23 pm It's a really bad idea to rank that stuff. Even if you do listing slavery as the least bad thing?
I have slavery ranked first...most bad.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Ah, ok.
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Obviously slavery is worse than trump.

But...we had slavery before we became an independent country, and over time we got smarter and got rid of slavery, and had civil rights, and generally have made things better.

Whereas...before Trump we had a form of democracy. We had elections, we had basic human decency, we had rules and we had traditions...now, we have Trump, all those things are threatened, and generally things are getting worse.