who ya got?

Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: who ya got?

Post by MICHHAWK »

Our choices in nov 2020 are going to be awful.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:18 am Our choices in nov 2020 are going to be awful.
I wish the GOP hadn't handed this one to Trump immediately.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Thank goodness for those third parties. 2020 perfect year for Ron Paul or Ross Perot or whoever the Green Party or libertarian candidates will be.

There is always 2024.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Gutter, you do realize that Youtube is getting far more views than all the TV networks combined? Even the TV networks have migrated over to Youtube. It's the platform of the future. This is why Bernie, Tulsi and Yang have all gone on several popular podcasts on Youtube. Far greater reach and impact than going on TV.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Tulsi has gone over there because none of the national networks will take on the risk that a homophobic, evangelical, war mongering, anti-all women but herself nutcase brings to the table.
Don't inject Lysol.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:18 am Our choices in nov 2020 are going to be awful.
No. Like in 2016 one candidate is/will be an extremely accomplished and competent; the other is an incompetent sexual assaulter who can barely string together one coherent sentence.

You just can't bring yourself to vote for the competent candidate.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

lobster wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:44 am Gutter, you do realize that Youtube is getting far more views than all the TV networks combined? Even the TV networks have migrated over to Youtube. It's the platform of the future. This is why Bernie, Tulsi and Yang have all gone on several popular podcasts on Youtube. Far greater reach and impact than going on TV.
I'll be brutally honest. I'm ignorant and I don't realize all that much in terms of Youtube besides what a few people tell me.
My ignorance leads me to believe that unless the millennials are going to get out and vote in full force, then maybe Youtube isn't the best platform to use to as a primary focus for a campaign.
I promise you my 86 year old mother and my 52 year old self are not going to vote for anyone because of what we see (and don't see) on Youtube.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:37 am Thank goodness for those third parties. 2020 perfect year for Ron Paul or Ross Perot or whoever the Green Party or libertarian candidates will be.

There is always 2024.
Sad thing is, if Perot was running today, he could win. Things have changed since the early 1990s. I would absolutely vote Perot if he was running now.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

In 2016 my voting strategy was “i will vote for the waste paper basket before I will vote for hrc.”

Right now my 2020 voting strategy is “I will vote for the waste paper basket before I vote for any of these nincompoops that are still in the running.”

Maybe a mystery candidate will emerge.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

How are you so cool with voting for a waste paper basket?

Over a year before the election and you already have it planned.

Even my dad admitted, Hillary is one of the most qualified candidates of all time.

But then again, I don’t think he voted for her either.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I have voted for Ric Flair a time or two as a write in. Maybe I will do that again.

Can’t do any harm.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Woo!
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:39 pm I have voted for Ric Flair a time or two as a write in. Maybe I will do that again.

Can’t do any harm.
.....said all the Nader voters in 2000 and Stein voters in 2016. Who would have thunk that along will come someone who can make GWB look good!
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Give us a candidate worth voting for and the problem will be solved.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Just vote for Trump.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“...when no other waste paper basket will suffice...”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Actually, methinks Ric Flair is as strong a candidate as any. Who could possibly have better environmental policies than the Nature Boy?

But before entering the steel cage match that is a presidential campaign, a good candidate needs a good tag team partner, I mean running mate. I’ll posit stone cold would get him the religious demographic, as polls indicate a majority of Christian voters believe Austin 3:16 is a Bible verse.

Or, if he wants to run on an anti-Obamacare platform, what better veep to deliver that message than the undertaker?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:01 pm Actually, methinks Ric Flair is as strong a candidate as any. Who could possibly have better environmental policies than the Nature Boy?

But before entering the steel cage match that is a presidential campaign, a good candidate needs a good tag team partner, I mean running mate. I’ll posit stone cold would get him the religious demographic, as polls indicate a majority of Christian voters believe Austin 3:16 is a Bible verse.

Or, if he wants to run on an anti-Obamacare platform, what better veep to deliver that message than the undertaker?
It's beginning to appear that you might have missed your calling.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wait, what calling? Politics?!

Cuz if you mean pro wrestling, well, long story short my career didn’t last as long as expected.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

lobster wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:18 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:37 am Thank goodness for those third parties. 2020 perfect year for Ron Paul or Ross Perot or whoever the Green Party or libertarian candidates will be.

There is always 2024.
Sad thing is, if Perot was running today, he could win. Things have changed since the early 1990s. I would absolutely vote Perot if he was running now.
1) Sure Perot could win today. Highly doubtful but possible. He could also get less votes than Ronald McDonald if he ran. We will never know.
2) Indeed things have changed since the early 90s. Not sure what they have to do with Perot getting elected in 2020 and not in 1992 - other than different candidates he would be running against. The fact that he received almost 20 million votes in 92 is astonishing to me.
3) Of course you would vote for Perot if he was running now. (Gutter gives an eyeroll and a head shake). Same running mate as in 92? You put the crazy of 2020 Trump, Sanders, Biden, and Warren together and you get Admiral Stockdale. Have you ever taken in to consideration who a Presidential candidate's running mate is/was?
4) What exactly are/were you so enamored with Perot about?