Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by KUTradition »

maybe cascadia has been right all along, and you’re not even taking yourself seriously…aka, it’s all a ruse
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Oh, forgive me. “Butt chugging” must sound so sophomoric!

I forgot the term Gorsuch prefers is “rectal rehydration.”

Are you familiar with United States v. Zubaydah?
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

that he was an associate of Bin Laden and that the US likely tortured him?

and?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:46 am that he was an associate of Bin Laden and that the US likely tortured him?

and?
This
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

hey! look over there!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Qusdahl wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:32 pm Yea.

Our best chance is some systemic overhaul.

…which is to say, we’re fucked.
Fixing systems doesn't fix evil people. It just changes the system they have to maneuver through to continue to be evil.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

So make those systems more difficult for evil people to maneuver.

“Checks and balances,” as the gummint calls it, but keep that concept evolving.

Or just say fuck it, don’t even try, and let evil people rule the world unchecked

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:46 am that he was an associate of Bin Laden and that the US likely tortured him?

and?
and we can only imagine how outraged you'd be if these CIA "Black Site" torture camps were the work of the Russian gummint.

Forgive me if I'm upset by ALL war crimes, not just when the "bad guys" do it.

btw, though the CIA apparently decided this Zoolander cat is not of much significance toward their wild goose chase to find bad guys, he's still currently detained at Guantanamo Bay, though he's never been charged with a thing.

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:44 am Oh, forgive me. “Butt chugging” must sound so sophomoric!

I forgot the term Gorsuch prefers is “rectal rehydration.”

Are you familiar with United States v. Zubaydah?
You are a little late for the performative outrage. The Washington Post broke the story of the Black Sites back in 2005. The US Military concluded that torture led to no useful information back during WWII. The Marines Corp had a whole book about it and the military abolished the use of torture. But the Bush admin brought it back because Rummy and Cheney watched too many spy movies. And when the military wouldn't cooperate, they brought in outside "contractors" to do the dirty work.

Did you hear about the Viet Nam War? OMG! And no one talks about the Bay of Pigs but it happened! Why won't the sheeple wake up?

I get that you may have been asleep or not paying attention for the last 30 years but many of us have. And our bullshit detectors have been fully functional for decades before you were born. And we are pretty sure everything putin says is bullshit.

Before you start refering to the US Civil War as the "War of Northern Aggression" and relitigate whether or not slavery was not as bad as they say, remind yourself that you are now comrades with Madison Cawthorn and Donald trump and Tucker Carlson in your opinions about Zelensky.

Wait, are you watching Fox News now?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Nah. I tried watching Fox and Friends every morning a while back, even started a thread about it to discuss their headlines, but other posters kept getting upset about it, and at the end of the day I really don’t want to be too annoying.

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:11 am

and?
and we can only imagine how outraged you'd be if these CIA "Black Site" torture camps were the work of the Russian gummint.

Forgive me if I'm upset by ALL war crimes, not just when the "bad guys" do it.

btw, though the CIA apparently decided this Zoolander cat is not of much significance toward their wild goose chase to find bad guys, he's still currently detained at Guantanamo Bay, though he's never been charged with a thing.
you’re mind might be blown, but nearly every country on the planet has probably done shady things

i still don’t see what that has to do with the current fiasco, but you do you
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

I think it’s time to bid adieu to this thread.

Fare you well, fare you well, I love you more than words can tell! Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul.

No for real, let’s not take each other for granted.

While I enjoy the dialogue, I don’t want to be a pain in the ass, so prob just gonna hope this one blows over, so we can get back to hoops and fishing and shirley’s law jokes.

Besides, this sock’s days are numbered…just as the almighty Q prophesied all along…

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:06 am So make those systems more difficult for evil people to maneuver.

“Checks and balances,” as the gummint calls it, but keep that concept evolving.

Or just say fuck it, don’t even try, and let evil people rule the world unchecked
We have checks and balances and they are constantly evolving. We just cannot create a check and balance of every possible action of every evil person moving forward. Your desire to imagine a better place is mostly just devoid of reality. I mean, if you want to go create an alternate reality and sell it like the VR playground in "Ready Player One", go for it. But make it Harry Potter themed, please. People love wizards and spells and shit.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:31 am I think it’s time to bid adieu to this thread.

Fare you well, fare you well, I love you more than words can tell! Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul.

No for real, let’s not take each other for granted.

While I enjoy the dialogue, I don’t want to be a pain in the ass, so prob just gonna hope this one blows over, so we can get back to hoops and fishing and shirley’s law jokes.

Besides, this sock’s days are numbered…just as the almighty Q prophesied all along…
You should continue your education into the dark side of US history though.

You can visit Antonito and Fort Garland during Solstice weekend and learn about the enslavement of indigenous peoples in the U.S. after the abolishment of slavery. You can visit Cano Espinoza and ask him about his ancestors, "The Bloody Espinozas" and the treatment of former Spanish citizens in Colorado after annexation by the U.S. or his time in Viet Nam. If you have never been to the Ludlow Massacre site, that is just over La Veta Pass. Ludlow is considered one of the turning points in labor relations in U.S. history, Howard Zinn says so! And I will introduce you to Max, his schedule isn't his own now because he started working with Saguache County search and rescue. Last time I talked to his dad, Max was out on a helicopter trying to get someone's body down off a mountain in a storm.

This could be such a great summer of awakening for you grasshopper.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

why stop there?

the Japanese internment camps in Wyoming are just a stone’s throw
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

is this where Q rolls it back around full circle claims this was all a ruse "for the sake of discussion"?
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

TDub wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:51 am is this where Q rolls it back around full circle claims this was all a ruse "for the sake of discussion"?
Would that rolling back maneuver be considered autofellatio?

Asking for a friend.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

is it true that you’ve gotta get a rib removed for that?
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Dangit I can’t quit you guys.

There were actually German POW camps here in Fraser too! They were work camps, and paid the prisoners to load lumber on the railroad.

By most accounts they were actually pretty chill, closer to a summer camp than some brutal POW shit, with arts and crafts and a band and everything. Locals complained the prisoners ate even better than they did.

https://www.skyhinews.com/news/the-pows ... nd-county/

It’s recently been a subject of debate whether there’s enough there to count as a historical site, which is otherwise in the way of developing a new parkway to accommodate the increased traffic from all yall tourists.

And yes Japhy, this shall indeed be the summer of the awakening!

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

chilling place to visit

https://www.nps.gov/places/heart-mounta ... center.htm

i’m sure it’s nothing like the Holocaust sites, but it’s still quite the experience