NFL 2022

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: NFL 2022

Post by twocoach »

It just doesn't seem like a move the Niners would make. I get the whole "he grew up a Niners fan" thing but they seem to spend their money smarter than that. Who knows, I am just glad Brady is out of the playoffs and we can focus on the current group of teams and star QBs.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Lance is due to make 20 million next year.
If you traded Lance for say a 2nd and a 4th/5th knowing that Brady was signing with you and knowing that you have Christian McCaffrey at his peak before he starts to wear down -- then you'd be set for a run for one to two years in the NFC.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:22 am Lance is due to make 20 million next year.
If you traded Lance for say a 2nd and a 4th/5th knowing that Brady was signing with you and knowing that you have Christian McCaffrey at his peak before he starts to wear down -- then you'd be set for a run for one to two years in the NFC.
They appear to be set for a run longer than that without signing Brady. SF's system isn't being held back by their current QB. Aren't they the betting favorite to make the SB from the NFC? Trade Jimmy G and let Purdy and Lance duke it out to see who wins the job next year.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Jimmy G is a free agent so you can't trade him, only sign him.
I agree their system is conducive to QB success - which is why I think a good QB ( sorry Brock, sorry injury prone Lance ) would make them unstoppable.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:09 am

Plus I hate Tom Brady and hope he retires so there's that.
Then just say that.

Pretending he'd be a waste for a team like SF is silly. Brady is still good enough to lead that type of team to a superbowl.

I do not think trey lance or brock purdy are.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:36 am

Then just say that.

Pretending he'd be a waste for a team like SF is silly. Brady is still good enough to lead that type of team to a superbowl.

An overdramatic word added by Illy to create a point to complain about that no one is making. Shocking.

I didn't say he'd be a "waste", that's stupid. It just doesn't seem like a move they would make right now because it seems like they are getting competent play at a bargain price and may be better off using that money elsewhere.

I gave my opinion on it, you have yours.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:31 am Jimmy G is a free agent so you can't trade him, only sign him.
I agree their system is conducive to QB success - which is why I think a good QB ( sorry Brock, sorry injury prone Lance ) would make them unstoppable.
True on Jimmy G, I forgot he only did a 1 year contract.

Who knows, we'll find out soon enough.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:42 am

Then just say that.

An overdramatic word added by Illy to create a point to complain about that no one is making. Shocking.

I didn't say he'd be a "waste", that's stupid. It just doesn't seem like a move they would make right now because it seems like they are getting competent play at a bargain price and may be better off using that money elsewhere.

You've stated your opinion 3 or 4 times. We got it.

And you're right, you didn't say waste, you just created a fantasy scenario involving hypothetical players and tradeoffs because you dislike Brady and refuse to admit SF would be better with him than without him. And LOL @ "not a move the niners would make". Silly to pretend to know what they would or wouldn't do.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:53 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:42 am

Then just say that.

You've stated your opinion 3 or 4 times. We got it.

And you're right, you didn't say waste, you just created a fantasy scenario involving hypothetical players and tradeoffs because you dislike Brady and refuse to admit SF would be better with him than without him. And LOL @ "not a move the niners would make". Silly to pretend to know what they would or wouldn't do.
"It just doesn't seem like a move the Niners would make" is not the same as "not a move the niners would make". I am not pretending to know anything as I really don't know what they would do and made no attempt to imply that I did. Stop changing people's words.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Then just say that.

Of course it's a small sample size and Brady is probably the GOAT QB but the last 7 games they played Brock Purdy was a better QB than Tom Brady was. Agree or disagree?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

My argument is Brady would be doing better than Purdy or JimmyG on that team.

Purdy on the Bucs would not be good.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Brady’s best years are well behind him.

Anyone who watched him play this year and come to the conclusion that he is a top 10 QB in the NFL RIGHT NOW is delusional
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:20 pm Brady’s best years are well behind him.

Anyone who watched him play this year and come to the conclusion that he is a top 10 QB in the NFL RIGHT NOW is delusional
I'd go:
1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Burrow
4. Jackson
5. Hurts
6. Herbert
7. Rodgers

Then which guys are definitively better than Brady?

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-r ... -end-of-th
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

You just posted the list, numb nuts
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:52 pm You just posted the list, numb nuts
You said anyone thinking he's top 10 is delusional. I posted an article ranking him 11. I also posted my list.

I'd have him in the 8-10 range. I don't think Tua, Geno Smith, Jared Goff and Trevor Lawrence are better than Brady. I sort of doubt you do either.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Goff and Geno ( and Tua ) had great seasons but if it was just for next season, all three of those teams would choose Brady.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I give you Miami would.
Goff and Geno have 3-4 good years of football in them, no way those teams give that up for 1 year of an over the hill Brady
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Brady is done. Age caught him and he looked worse than Skylar. Purdy looks like Young on SF due to not not being a statue and not turning it over. Brady has reached the Blanda cut-off.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’m saying in a hypothetical situation where all you had to choose was one quarterback next season, those teams would pick Brady.

As for the non hypothetical, I think Seattle, since they aren’t already under contract with Geno, would prefer to sign Brady if he was an option.

Because Goff is signed, I agree Detroit would keep him.

If he wants to keep playing he needs to go where they have a top 10 offensive line. He had no trust in them this season and was getting the ball out as quickly as he could.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:44 pm My argument is Brady would be doing better than Purdy or JimmyG on that team.

Purdy on the Bucs would not be good.
Your first sentence is an assumption. It very well may be true but it's an assumption.
Your second sentence is also an assumption that very well may be true but like your first sentence, it's still an assumption.

I honestly believe Purdy was a better QB (both including and regardless of the team's personnel) than Brady was over their last 7 games collectively.
I could be wrong - but I believe it to be true.

As far as what teams may or may not prefer Brady over their current QBs, if salary was equal and all they cared about was just next season, then yes - many teams might (would probably?) prefer Brady but it's not that simple and salary would be an issue as well as the future of their franchises - so I happen to disagree that teams such as Seattle, SF, Miami, the Rams. etc. would prefer Brady for one season over their current starting QB.

All that being said, in hindsight, I think SF would have loved to have had Brady on their team this season - but IF (that's a big IF) they still find a way to win the Super Bowl and/or Purdy is NOT the reason why they don't - then Brady becomes a complete afterthought in that regard.
Heck, we could play what ifs all day long. God forbid the Chiefs don't win the Super Bowl - and they were a McCaffrey away from winning it.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.