2023 Transfer Portal and NBA Declarations

Kansas Basketball.
TDub
Contributor

Re: 2023 Transfer Portal and NBA Declarations

Post by TDub »

also, little-known fact..."free range" when mass produced does not equal free range.

All thats required to get a USDA free range label is access to the outside......access to the outside can be as little as a peephole that their beaks fit through but their bodies cannot get through. So...even the "free range" eggs are lifeless and dull because......theyre not actually free range at all....and they do not forage for bugs etc.
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

AlOerter wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:51 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:15 am A true KU fan should be able to list every Jayhawk player in that bottom photo even the guy with his back turned to the camera with his warmups still on.
But can anyone name the cheerleader?
Was Mich the creeper on the Journal-World board who was obsessed with the student helper who also posed in the Big XII Playboy issue?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:22 pm
AlOerter wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:01 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:08 pm i had farm fresh eggs for breakfast with a piece of toast

maybe it’s the power of suggestion, but i swear they taste better than store-bought
The brown ones have brighter yolks and more flavor than the white ones.
free range birds can have white eggs its all dependent on the breed. The White ones are just as full of flavor and bright yolk as the brown ones when they're home raised birds.

The store bought ones are white because they're all one breed, and usually bleached to achieve a consistent and uniform color. The store birds live life in a tiny tiny cage with 24/7 lights and no variation in diet. That's why the dull, mild yolk.
we raise bugs, too
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:56 pm
AlOerter wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:51 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:15 am A true KU fan should be able to list every Jayhawk player in that bottom photo even the guy with his back turned to the camera with his warmups still on.
But can anyone name the cheerleader?
Was Mich the creeper on the Journal-World board who was obsessed with the student helper who also posed in the Big XII Playboy issue?
would not be surprised
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Are we interested in Jordan Brown?

Brown split his first two years at Nevada and Arizona, before taking his talents to Louisiana, where he averaged 17.5 points, 8.6 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game in two seasons. This past year, he earned the Lou Henson Award, which recognizes the best player in a mid-major conference.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

6'11"?

I'm down.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

AlOerter wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:56 pm Are we interested in Jordan Brown?

...he averaged 17.5 points, 8.6 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game in two seasons. This past year, he earned the Lou Henson Award, which recognizes the best player in a mid-major conference.
Survey says:

Yes!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I guess we did recently win a natty with the only true bigs on the roster being DMac and Lightfoot...and Lightfoot might not have even been a true big. Guess we had Clemence too, but that dood hardly played even by freshman standards.

But DMac and Lightfoot were known commodities who had been in the system for a combined like 45 years.

the point is, I'd like one more true big on the roster. Especially if we have schollies available. And especially at this point, a seasoned mid-major POY type is about as good as we could ask for.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:52 am
TDub wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:22 pm
AlOerter wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:01 pm
The brown ones have brighter yolks and more flavor than the white ones.
free range birds can have white eggs its all dependent on the breed. The White ones are just as full of flavor and bright yolk as the brown ones when they're home raised birds.

The store bought ones are white because they're all one breed, and usually bleached to achieve a consistent and uniform color. The store birds live life in a tiny tiny cage with 24/7 lights and no variation in diet. That's why the dull, mild yolk.
we raise bugs, too
I seem to too....tho not intentionally haha
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm reading a lot of money/money/not fair/money but now Self's team has talked to him and his family to try and say things better than they did before.

"I'm working out every day to grow my business."
OK dude.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“Going to Kansas was a “basketball decision,” driven by the potential to win championships and the coaching staff’s reputation”

“NIL money was not a main factor in going to Kansas”

You should be eating that article up pdub. It has all the eyeroll rhetoric you love.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:43 am “Going to Kansas was a “basketball decision,” driven by the potential to win championships and the coaching staff’s reputation”

“NIL money was not a main factor in going to Kansas”

You should be eating that article up pdub. It has all the eyeroll rhetoric you love.
"We've talked about it. It's great because it's really helped keep us back in college," Dickinson said. "Being a good college basketball player is really fun."

If NIL is making it so that really good college players want to choose to continue to be really good college players for longer then it is a win for us all. If I have to learn 5 relevant new names and faces a year instead of three, I'll take it.

And I'll change jobs for a $50k bump in salary as would most of us let alone by $500k-$1m.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

College isn't a place ( or I don't think it is a place ) for you to grow your business.
If you want to grow your business, then just start growing your business, skip college, go pro.
It shouldn't be a job where you're negotiating contracts.

But that's what it clearly is now. And Hunter is the epitome of it. He continues to bring up how he feels slighted by Michigan. And the NIL offers he got here and there. Making his decisions on the future of his business. Hence why I'm not a fan.

For a somewhat kinda in the ballpark analogy, when the NBA changed the rules for contact and scoring, guys like James Harden took advantage. There is no doubt all Harden is doing is being the best at the new environment. I just don't like the new environment. So it'd be like if James Harden was on the Celtics.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“College isn’t a place for you to grow your business”

lulz
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think it's a fairly common question that young adults ask themselves - if they should skip college to start a business.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, cuz a young adult has never worked and pursued an education at the same time.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think the majority, like overwhelmingly sweeping majority of college students, are not taking jobs in their intended degree/future business while they are in college.

But i'd defer you to the F the NCAA thread to find the argument you are looking for.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

"Hunter Dickinson explains transfer from Michigan to Kansas"

I wanted to be coached by a coach, not a celebrity dipshit.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto