COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 863

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 863 »

42.5% of Australians are fully vaccinated.
Deleted User 902

Post by Deleted User 902 »

dub needs a codpiece wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:02 pm I hate this website
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ok bro then start your own site about it, jeez
Deleted User 902

Post by Deleted User 902 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:10 pm Ok bro then start your own site about it, jeez
I did make kcrim.net and no one came.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:59 am
TDub wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:52 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:47 am Ok yea.

But how are you so indifferent to loosing hundreds of thousands of lives otherwise?

We got the patriot act from, what, 3k dead on 9/11.

We’re averaging a 9/11 every 2 days
the patriot act was an extreme overreaction to a single extreme event.
contrast that with the worst pandemic in 100 years and people loosing their minds over a piece of cloth
Right?

There were legitimate things to complain about. If you were a business owner and your business had to close up, they had a reason to be angry, or if you lost your job or couldn't work because you weren't essential. Those are real issues that actually affected people's lives.

But that's not what people got mad about. They got mad that they had to cover their mouth and nose with a piece of cloth when indoors in public....and it was required, but I don't know of anyone who was imprisoned or fined for not doing it.

We think we're a lot more free than we are because we're used to regulations/restrictions.

Sure, the Australian limit to beer seems authoritative. But we can't buy alcohol AT ALL until we're 21....21 years old!!

Not to mention, how many states can you not buy alcohol on Sundays, or after certain hours, or only in liquor stores, what about 3.2 beer, restaurants can only have a certain percentage of sales be alchohol? Some cities/towns have even stricter restrictions than that. We just accept those cause we're used to them.

I think Tdub's concern that restrictions don't get lifted is a valid one. That's one of the reasons to be conservative (literally) about passing any type of legislation. But, we can learn from our mistakes and limit the time, or nullify the regulations when positive numbers drop, or vaccine numbers rise, or daily deaths are below some threshold. I, too used to ascribe to that philosophy, but living in a post-Trump world, I now see that a new administration can largely come in and reverse just about any legislation that's in place, so it's less of an issue.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

dub needs a codpiece wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:07 pm I hate this website
almost everyone is safely and securely going about their daily business.

this website consists of 13 whackjobs blubber yapping. not a representation.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

dub needs a codpiece wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:11 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:10 pm Ok bro then start your own site about it, jeez
I did make kcrim.net and no one came.
well for one thing, linky no worky.

I searched kcrim.net and this is the closest I got:

https://kcrimshop.com/
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:12 pmI think Tdub's concern that restrictions don't get lifted is a valid one. That's one of the reasons to be conservative (literally) about passing any type of legislation. But, we can learn from our mistakes and limit the time, or nullify the regulations when positive numbers drop, or vaccine numbers rise, or daily deaths are below some threshold. I, too used to ascribe to that philosophy, but living in a post-Trump world, I now see that a new administration can largely come in and reverse just about any legislation that's in place, so it's less of an issue.
Certain measures will lose their constitutional muster after the pandemic is over.

edit: and that's a distinction from the overreaching Patriot Act. The government will always be able to cite national security as an interest whereas they can't cite fighting a pandemic if there's no pandemic.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:00 pm
JKLivin wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:57 am
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:21 am
actually, according to colleagues that actually live in Australia, you’d be wrong

one of my colleagues is Indian, and is grateful that he now lives in Oz...actually wishes he could get more of his extended family there

the folks i know from Australia don’t tend to bitch and moan about covid measures near as much as ‘muricans do
That’s great if they want to be sheep down there. Not gonna fly here.
which says more about the selfishness of ‘muricans than anything else
Once freedoms are taken away, they don't come back. Read your history. If you want the government telling where you can go, when you can do it, how much you can drink and what you can eat, there are plenty of other countries where you can go experience that lifestyle. It's not welcome here.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:14 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:12 pmI think Tdub's concern that restrictions don't get lifted is a valid one. That's one of the reasons to be conservative (literally) about passing any type of legislation. But, we can learn from our mistakes and limit the time, or nullify the regulations when positive numbers drop, or vaccine numbers rise, or daily deaths are below some threshold. I, too used to ascribe to that philosophy, but living in a post-Trump world, I now see that a new administration can largely come in and reverse just about any legislation that's in place, so it's less of an issue.
Certain measures will lose their constitutional muster after the pandemic is over.

edit: and that's a distinction from the overreaching Patriot Act. The government will always be able to cite national security as an interest whereas they can't cite fighting a pandemic if there's no pandemic.
Which is precisely the point. Listen to Fauci - the "pandemic" will never be over - at least not to the degree that would mean that government no longer needs to meddle in our affairs. Case in point, it has been twenty years since a plane was hijacked in U.S. airspace, but do you think we'll ever see a day when we don't have to disrobe and be scanned in an airport again?
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:19 pmOnce freedoms are taken away, they don't come back. Read your history.
The U.S. has implemented and ended conscription like 5+ times.

What are the restrictions in place right now for US citizens? Capacity and mask mandates? How can anyone possibly believe those are sticking around.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:22 pm Listen to Fauci - the "pandemic" will never be over - at least not to the degree that would mean that government no longer needs to meddle in our affairs.
I don't agree that this fear is well founded, so not much else to say.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

List of dry counties in KY, dang libruls.

Allen
Bath
Casey
Crittenden
Clinton
Elliott
Hancock
Jackson
Knott
Lee
Leslie
McClean
Menifee
Monroe
Morgan
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Just imagine these modern freedom types if they were around when sugar was rationed during WW2
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:25 pm
JKLivin wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:22 pm Listen to Fauci - the "pandemic" will never be over - at least not to the degree that would mean that government no longer needs to meddle in our affairs.
(It’s also incontrovertibly true that our utter refusal to self-police on this issue is what would lead to expansion of the government’s role. But, toddler-minded adults simply will not do some bare-minimum shit.)
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

And people that accidentally get pregnant.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Australia's vaccination rate is 42.5%.

Much lower than ours.

Instead of blaming the 20ish% of our population for having vaccine hesitancy, we should be blaming ourselves (all of us) for not having extreme lockdowns like the countries who have had success have done.

Personally, i don't need a governement enforced lockdown. I chose to get vaccinated and only do things that i consider relatively safe. That's how I have avoided the fungus. Modern medicine mixed with some personal responsibility.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:39 pm Australia's vaccination rate is 42.5%.

Much lower than ours.

Instead of blaming the 20ish% of our population for having vaccine hesitancy, we should ve blaming ourselves (all of us) for not having extreme lockdowns like the countries who have had success have done.

Personally, i don't need a governement enforced lockdown. I chose to get vaccinated and only do things that i consider relatively safe. That's how I have avoided the fungus. Modern medicine mixed with some personal responsibility.
You've been peddling this for a long time. The vaccine hesitant are the same people that were protesting the lockdowns and mask mandates. Let's stop pretending.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:30 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:25 pm
(It’s also incontrovertibly true that our utter refusal to self-police on this issue is what would lead to expansion of the government’s role. But, toddler-minded adults simply will not do some bare-minimum shit.)
I'm vaccinated and I wear my mask in public. If I could honestly believe that those actions would remain "bare-minimum shit," I wouldn't be concerned.