In this thread, the "experts" own Lobs

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: In this thread, the "experts" own Lobs

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:43 pm You guys listen to the Joe Rogan Show?

It's like 2 or 3 hrs long (way too long for me to listen to regularly). My guess is you're making assumptions based on short clips you see on social media tailored to make you feel 1 way or the other. Because i highly doubt either of you are regular Joe Rogan listeners.

He is definitely a bit strange, but he is not Alex Jones. That's ridiculous.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/j ... el-culture#

He's a straight white male who makes a living talking while talking about how straight white males are at risk of being cancelled for talking. These are absurd even for Rogan.

"...it’ll eventually get to a point where straight White men aren’t allowed to talk because it’s your privilege to express yourself when other people of color have been silenced throughout history," Rogan said. "It’ll be ‘you’re not allowed to go outside because so many people were imprisoned for so many years.' I’m not joking, it really will get there. It’s that crazy."

He just talks himself into circles. If he actually had to back up and listen to what he says, I'd honestly bet he would be shocked at how stupid his point is.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

But you cannot deny the Spotify employees are a bunch of snowflakes who want him canceled. He may not be canceled now, but he is well aware he could be. They've already cried about some of the things he's said this year.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Isn't that just business having a say in what products they offer?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if you take to heart what comes out of joe rogans mouth then you are the nincompoop, not him.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

defixione wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:58 pm Isn't that just business having a say in what products they offer?
And what will you do when they cancel you someday because you simply say something like "a man is different than a woman"?

Pdub gets it. It sets up a dangerous slope that never ends.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

triggered
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

listening to joe rogan is like listening to chris cuomo.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:53 pm But you cannot deny the Spotify employees are a bunch of snowflakes who want him canceled. He may not be canceled now, but he is well aware he could be. They've already cried about some of the things he's said this year.
So what? I would imagine that the vast majority of on-air personalities of most radio and TV shows have people who aren't fans of what they do and how they do it. Being a public performer means you are opening yourself up to review and critique, especially by those who pay your salary.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:59 pm if you take to heart what comes out of Donald Trump's mouth then you are the nincompoop, not him.
Same
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:05 pm listening to joe rogan is like listening to chris cuomo.
A waste of time spent listening to someone who thinks way too highly of himself? Agreed.
Deleted User 89

where’s mich to harangue lobs about his pseudo-activism?
Last edited by Deleted User 89 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Well, even if Joe gets canceled, he's so popular (and rich) that it doesn't matter. He can start his own website and he'll still be heard. I get the impression he was referring to the smaller fish who are not getting paid like he is. Those are the people in more danger.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Walrus wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:08 pm Well, even if Joe gets canceled, he's so popular (and rich) that it doesn't matter. He can start his own website and he'll still be heard. I get the impression he was referring to the smaller fish who are not getting paid like he is. Those are the people in more danger.
How's that working for the other guy, lol.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Well, he's just as popular now as he was before they canceled him. lol
Deleted User 89

so then why are you gettin your panties in a bunch, snowflake?

:lol:
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:42 pm Well, he's just as popular now as he was before they canceled him. lol
AKA "not cancelled"
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:45 pm so then why are you gettin your panties in a bunch, snowflake?

Republicans are the biggest snowflakes is the country, particularly the MAGA ones.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Cascadia wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:00 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:45 pm so then why are you gettin your panties in a bunch, snowflake?

Republicans are the biggest snowflakes is the country, particularly the MAGA ones.
This go round there is no doubt that is a fact.

Snowflake memes all day from old white republicans on social media. A few of my old ass uncles after 4 years of telling Dems to accept the results and support the president sit there 24/7 spreading either fake news about the "stolen" election or just sharing memes making fun of sleepy joe.

It's dumb. Grown ass men sharing memes on facebook. Snowflakes for sure.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I never had a thought that the 16 election was fraudulent. Trump won against an unpopular Hillary.
Nor do I have any thoughts that the 20 election was fraudulent. Trump did everything in his abilities to alienate a sizable percentage of his supporters, and did nothing to bring new folks to his side.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Overlander wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:29 pm I never had a thought that the 16 election was fraudulent. Trump won against an unpopular Hillary.
Nor do I have any thoughts that the 20 election was fraudulent. Trump did everything in his abilities to alienate a sizable percentage of his supporters, and did nothing to bring new folks to his side.
Bingo.