NFL 2022

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: NFL 2022

Post by pdub »

I’m going to trust NFL GMs and coaching staffs and see, if Brady comes back, if there is high demand.

If there isn’t high demand, I’ll be wrong.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Maybe I am wrong but I seem to recall only about 1/4 of the teams were even interested in the guy in 2020.
It will be interesting to see what happens. Not that many great QB available via FA.
Sure there will be teams that would like to have Brady for the 2023 but which teams would be better off with Brady for a season or two (or three) and which would be better trying to get someone through the draft? Obviously the teams who feel they are legitimate Super Bowl contenders might chose Brady in that scenario but otherwise, I figure going the draft route is probably the better option.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Maybe becuase only 1/4 of the teams had a chance to land him?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Right.
You don't want Brady ( well you're not going to get him anyways ) if you don't think you're a contender/a QB away to reach the Super Bowl.

As far as x number of teams interested, i'm not debating if you think you have a top 10 QB already or in the future that you need to take a look at a 46 ( or 43? at the time ) QB. It's if you don't that you would pursue Brady. And that was the case when he became a FA originally. On top of that, he dictated spots he would go to and the factors were if the team was competitive and if it was on the East Coast.

Who knows now if he's comfortable to switch coasts now ( Vegas, San Fran ) that he is divorced.
But my original argument was, "get him on the 9ers and watch out".
To me, that is unquestionably correct. They don't have a top 10 QB. If they move Lance, they can afford him without loosing their personnel.
That team is perfect for him at this stage in his career ( and vice versa ).
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

but thats giving up a lot of future potential for a 1 year rental of a 45 year old pretty boy quarterback.

That's kinda like LAR selling out its next decade for 1 shot at a SB....(that they should've lost).
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

It's not about the money for Brady at this point. I think it's very realistic to expect him to have a franchise friendly contract, heavy on incentives/cap friendly, so that he can chase another ring. If he wants easy money then he'll be on Fox NFL Sunday or CBS NFL Kickoff.

So I don't think a team will have to give up much future potential tbh.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If Brock comes out and continues recording 100+ QB ratings on his way to a title, then no, you gotta stick with him, and bring Lance back.

If he falters and the 9ers loose, if Brady was in, I would keep Purdy ( duh ) and trade Lance for a 2nd round pick and get his contract off the books. Perhaps you get some future potential in your 2nd round pick that isn't as injury prone as Lance.

With Lance's salary off the books, Brady's signing won't change your teams makeup.

( as far as LAR, 1. they won, so it was probably worth it and 2. they had to trade for Stafford and he wasn't cheap asset or salary wise -- Brady won't take much of the salary and will take zero assets )
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:08 am It's not about the money for Brady at this point. I think it's very realistic to expect him to have a franchise friendly contract, heavy on incentives/cap friendly, so that he can chase another ring. If he wants easy money then he'll be on Fox NFL Sunday or CBS NFL Kickoff.

He's already signed a contract to be color commentator on Fox for like a $billion. That's not a guy that has to cut his teeth in studio, C'mon man!
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:17 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:08 am It's not about the money for Brady at this point. I think it's very realistic to expect him to have a franchise friendly contract, heavy on incentives/cap friendly, so that he can chase another ring. If he wants easy money then he'll be on Fox NFL Sunday or CBS NFL Kickoff.

He's already signed a contract to be color commentator on Fox for like a $billion. That's not a guy that has to cut his teeth in studio, C'mon man!
🙈🤣🙈🤑
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:47 am I’m saying in a hypothetical situation where all you had to choose was one quarterback next season, those teams would pick Brady.

As for the non hypothetical, I think Seattle, since they aren’t already under contract with Geno, would prefer to sign Brady if he was an option.

Because Goff is signed, I agree Detroit would keep him.

If he wants to keep playing he needs to go where they have a top 10 offensive line. He had no trust in them this season and was getting the ball out as quickly as he could.
There aren't many teams with a Top 10 offensive line who are looking for a QB next season, are there?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

9ers maybe.
Ravens maybe depending on Lamar.
Pats maybe.
And then, if the Bucs get healthy, them.

Miami's line got Tua crunched over and over.
Tennessee's line I don't know much about but I think Tanehill was under pressure a lot.
Raiders are kinda meh.
Detroit will stick with Goff.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Raiders would definitely sign a washed up QB.
Deleted User 863

9ers
Raiders
Colts
Miami
Ravens (if no Lamar)

All that said, I think it's probably 50/50 retirement or play.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:59 am 9ers maybe.
Ravens maybe depending on Lamar.
Pats maybe.
And then, if the Bucs get healthy, them.

Miami's line got Tua crunched over and over.
Tennessee's line I don't know much about but I think Tanehill was under pressure a lot.
Raiders are kinda meh.
Detroit will stick with Goff.
It just feels like if Brady is coming back that he would come back to the Bucs. Another offseason of trying to sync with new skill players and a new line and a new coaching staff just seems like too much at this point in his career. Only the Niners in that list are any more of a legit contender with Brady than the Bucs would be with Brady if the Bucs get healthy, and there is no reason to believe they won't.

It should be yet another interesting NFL offseason with the 2-3 good QB prospects in the draft as well as the odd assortment of pending QB free agents or guys who could get moved to clear the way for those free agents.
Deleted User 863

He just went through a coaching change this year. Which is a similar stage in his career. And it wasn't "too much".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:38 pm He just went through a coaching change this year. Which is a similar stage in his career. And it wasn't "too much".
Really? He sure seemed frustrated and crappy for most of the season and their offense took a big step backwards. Odds are that Year Two under the current coaching staff would be better than Year One.
Deleted User 863

Injuries had NOTHING to do with their results this year.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

They were also last in the league in rushing yards. Only like 1,300 yards for the year and 70 something per game.

Chiefs on the other hand had almost 2,000 for about 115 per game or whatever it is.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:57 pm Injuries had NOTHING to do with their results this year.
I mean, it really did though. OL was banged up. First round pick from a couple of years ago was out all year. Starting C was out most of the year. Defense also bit by some injuries.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:27 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:57 pm Injuries had NOTHING to do with their results this year.
I mean, it really did though. OL was banged up. First round pick from a couple of years ago was out all year. Starting C was out most of the year. Defense also bit by some injuries.
Sorry, I was being sarcastic.

Injuries were their main issue this year. NOT Brady being unable to handle a coaching change.