Kansas Football 2022 Season

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Kansas Football 2022 Season

Post by Sparko »

Fox and SEC. If they have to gun down the best story in CFB, they will.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Richard Johnson (how is that a real name?) from SI might be getting a little carried away. NOLA, here we come!

Sugar Bowl, New Orleans (Dec. 31, 12 p.m., ESPN)
SEC vs. Big 12
Alabama vs. Kansas

https://www.si.com/college/2022/09/26/c ... reddit.com
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

He has KU finishing 2nd in Big 12 behind Oklahoma State. WHY NOT!? Ha

Anyway, more realistic options I've seen is First Responders Bowl in Dallas, Guaranteed Rate Bowl in Phoenix and the Texas Bowl in Houston.

I think 2 bowl representatives were in Lawrence last week.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Saw an interesting video clip..

Guy did some research. Of the 21 unbeatens, 14 or whatever have beaten 2 P5 schools. Of those 14, 3 of them have won 2 games on the road..

USC who is ranked 6th after starting 14th
Penn State who started unranked and is now 11th
And Kansas who started unranked and is still unranked because it's Kansas.

Abolish the polls.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

And, again, I just think not calling Houston a P5 is semantics at this point. They will officially be P5 next season and are better than many P5 teams.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:34 pm And, again, I just think not calling Houston a P5 is semantics at this point. They will officially be P5 next season and are better than many P5 teams.
Better than most actually. Would win the BiG X West probably.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Shoot-outs from here on out; as great and dynamic the offense is, the defense looks like it'll probably have trouble stopping most, if not all, of the offenses remaining on the schedule...and with that being said, I do believe they can/will get some opportunistic stops/turnovers in important situations...they just aren't going to shut anyone down.

I know you can also say these same things about many other teams in the Big XII and across the country.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Lindenwood is in like their 1st year of FCS after being D2. Hope our program is in the kind of shape where we can hang 80 on these STL fools.

https://twitter.com/KU_Football/status/ ... JXkOGhJpZw
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:08 pm Lindenwood is in like their 1st year of FCS after being D2. Hope our program is in the kind of shape where we can hang 80 on these STL fools.

This is the kind of scheduling we need
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Wait, are we playing Simba?
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:08 pm Lindenwood is in like their 1st year of FCS after being D2. Hope our program is in the kind of shape where we can hang 80 on these STL fools.

They were NAIA when I was back in college because I remember them being in the rankings there.

We're probably giving them a really nice payment to come in. And they'll take their lumps but take the money and help them get more acclimated to FCS.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:48 am If I remember right, Clemson paid Venables and the OC each like $2M last year. Elko at A&M was like $1.5M. Lanning the DC at Georgia last year was just over the $1M mark I believe.

Kotelnicki makes $500K now, I think. The previous coordinators under Miles were closer to the $750K range. I think $1M is sufficient for the coordinators, or at least just Kotelnicki, as well as bumping Leipold from his average of $2.75M over the life of the contract to at least $3M maybe close to $4M.

You look at Minnesota, Purdue and some other similar schools in CFB and their HC salaries are over $4M. Get Leipold to that.

The new Big 12 with likely much less TV money is going to hurt the balance sheets though for KU.
Agree.

Borland's raw data probably doesn't support a bump up, but if Leipold wants it and perhaps even takes a commensurate "cut," you gotta give it to him. Seems like we're always talking about low staff pay here.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i don’t see how anyone with any sort of power/sway could ball at the idea of rewarding what this staff has done
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:05 am i don’t see how anyone with any sort of power/sway could ball at the idea of rewarding what this staff has done
I think just more simple economics. KU can't pay Alabama staff $$$, but they need to be in the top-half of P5 or Nebraska starts sounding pretty enticing.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:12 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:05 am i don’t see how anyone with any sort of power/sway could ball at the idea of rewarding what this staff has done
I think just more simple economics. KU can't pay Alabama staff $$$, but they need to be in the top-half of P5 or Nebraska starts sounding pretty enticing.
"That's a BINGO!"

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:12 am
absolutely agree

i’d just hate to see an apparent desire to build the program (Liepold hire and stadium renovation) fall flat because “they” failed to do the most important and immediate thing - keeping this staff happy and together
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

There is money. And if there isn't they need to be fundraising.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Conference Realignment is all about FOOTBALL.

It is very possible we have this QB for two more years. It is imperative for KU to keep this staff together for this time.

Let's look at the future.

College Football has decided to expand it's playoffs and it could be moved up to maybe next year.
With this if everything stays as is we are in the playoffs for the next two years. We a for sure top 12 team in a Big 12 without OU and UT.

This needs to be the last year of UT and OU in the Big12. The four new teams start next year and the SEC has told OU to cancel games with Tenn and Georgia. Let them be gone.

We need to sell out every home game and we need that new stadium.

We make the playoffs two years in a row.

We decide our future.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Anybody heard anything about Gavin Potter getting kicked off the team?