Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
Qusdahl

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by Qusdahl »

I should have started the Q meme sooner.

I guess I never questioned the sincerity of vaccines, and always perceived them to be a good faith way to counter the pandemic.

But pandemics and war are two different beasts.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:10 pm imo, it’s the “yeah, but…” theme of your posts that has been so problematic
Yeah, but…

lol sorry. That one was a goof.

You’ll have to forgive me. I just struggle to pick a side (besides some vague anti-war side that apparently doesn’t exist)

I also struggle to believe anything anyone says right now. Especially when anyone speaks in any sort of absolutes. It all smells pretty fishy to me. And I don’t see much good in acting like anyone has it figured out or has the all answers, as if there’s some easy answer to it.

Is there any kind of “anti-war” resistance or protest anywhere right now? Besides Russia. (Fuck Putin but I give mad props to the Russian people who have the balls to protest, even if it means almost certain arrest)

There’s plenty of “stand with Ukraine”
sentiment. And “stand with Russia” sentiment would get one booed all the way to China. I’m not going for Russia sentiment, or Ukraine sentiment, though. I’m going for “disarm the world” sentiment.

But lemme guess - that’s just not an option, right?

So how do we make it an option?

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

There’s also this video going around of some Bulgarian journalist chick apparently blowing the whistle about US-funded biochemical warfare labs in Ukraine.

And I don’t wanna actually share it cuz I’m skeptical and it’s prob BS, but I still kinda wanna share it anyway, cuz holy shit that Bulgarian is a babe.

Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I am increasingly convinced humans will destroy themselves long before climate change causes mass extinction.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Illy wanna come protest war with me?!

Slash be my wingman cuz I’m trying to get that Bulgarian bird to come too

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:49 pm I should have started the Q meme sooner.

I guess I never questioned the sincerity of vaccines, and always perceived them to be a good faith way to counter the pandemic.

But pandemics and war are two different beasts.
yea...stopping a madman from bombing maternity/children's hospitals and civilian escape corridors needs to be thoroughly vetted. He might just be ridding the world of future scum.
Just Ledoux it
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

3rd Russian general has been killed…
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:10 pm imo, it’s the “yeah, but…” theme of your posts that has been so problematic
After thinking a little more about it, I think it’s cuz I’m trying to defend some groovy new (to me) ideology that I don’t even fully understand yet.

Forgive me if I’m not doing a good job of articulating. Or just being too contrarian or antagonistic. For real, Imma dial it back and try to figure out just what the eff I’m trying to get at.

Guess I’m intrigued by this “anti-imperialist” or whatever stance that seems to sincerely believe, even insist, that no amount of war is acceptable, even if it’s Merica doing it.

It’s all moot though, cuz pretty sure the mods are gonna go all authoritarian censorship and ban Q by the end of the day…

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:57 pm I am increasingly convinced humans will destroy themselves long before climate change causes mass extinction.
It is certainly true that we’ve lost ten or whatever critical years to culture wars that are now going to turn into whatever side we take in this world war.

And that putting Trump or a Trump proxy in office in 2024 may well cast the die on both climate change and this world war.
Deleted User 863

It's all republicans fault?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the resistance toward making substantive changes to address the issue over that past 30 or so years has overwhelmingly come from republicans

but dems definitely have their manchins
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

The republicans are making the entire world not address climate change? This is a world issue. Not a USA issue.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

somebody has to lead

but by all means, continue being apologetic and showing your stripes
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

they better think about wrapping this war up. with selection sunday being tomorrow. the television folks are about to lose their viewers to the greatest sporting event of the year.

as far as we are concerned, this war is over tomorrow evening 6:00pm est.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:27 am It's all republicans fault?
Where did I say that?

Where has anyone said that?
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Is there any discussion to be had on propaganda’s quiet bitch of a cousin, censorship?

I just saw a lefty account get zucked again. This time, it was for that pawn stars meme.

The caption was:

“Americans: I’d like to be able to afford a gallon of gas, maybe even a loaf of bread

US gummint: best I can do is $14 billion for Ukraine”

Not sure why that’s worthy of the ban hammer but you do you Mark

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:22 am it only seems like the pussy leftists are pointing out any nazi angle to it. At the very least, I'm curious. And perhaps concerned. We've seen the western world downplay the threat of white supremacy before. Does it not concern you too?
https://twitter.com/alanrmacleod/status ... 21219?s=21

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Russia supposedly seizing assets of all foreign companies who leave.

end game is increasingly unclear
Just Ledoux it