Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by Shirley »

randylahey wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:59 am Trump, the election, and the deep state situation summarized

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status ... gHeOA&s=19
Is Mitch McConnell a liar too, Randy?

"The mob was fed lies," McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, said on the Senate floor. "They were provoked by the President and other powerful people."

McConnell touted that Congress did its duty despite the violence on January 6, certifying the victory of President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris.

"We'll have a safe and successful inaugural right here on the very front of the Capitol," said McConnell

https://youtu.be/7vMExbPx7dE
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I know I’ve said it a million times, but - McConnell pressing his luck (and hitting the inevitable WHAMMY as far ahead of 2024 as he did) was one of the great political blunders of all time.

He’s going to have to live out his remaining days with the knowledge that the R end-around (around lower-case-l liberal lower-case-d democracy) might well have succeeded…but for him trying to squeeze all of the juice out of the 2022 midterms.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I have read these studies a number of times. And we all see data about the hordes that devoutly believe the ludicrous shit they read on the internet. But how often have you actually met one of these folks? We see them interviewed and it often leaves me thinking, I wish I could ask a follow up question. You wonder, is it really impossible to talk sense to them?

I think what we sometimes lose sight of is what a valuable resource Randall and psych are. Here we have two of these people in our midst, and we can interact with them in real time and get responses. I know a few conspiracy nuts in real life. They play it pretty close to the vest much of the time. They have to keep their jobs and their professional status and jumping up in a business meeting with a tiki torch and shouting "jew cucks will not replace us" is not a great way to further your career or keep a job. But on an anonymous internet message board they can let their freak flag fly. Your can all see for yourself, this shit is real. And you can see how it consumes real people.

You never know how long a message board will last or how long a cult will either. But as long as this place is in existence and the boys stick around, we will be able to see the evolution and pretzel logic of the contorted trump cult up close. Who knows, maybe we will witness it's demise and self immolation as well if this place holds up for several more years.

If they start to get irritating, just take a step back and watch from a distance. It is healthy to keep your intake of crazy within the USDA daily recommended amounts. Listening to too much crazy can make you crazy as well.

To Randall and psych; stay strong brothers! When the end comes I hope you are both still here to give us an inside view of the end of this. I seriously hope you both make it through with your minds intact.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

"Baseless theories"

The thing is most of these things are not baseless, but surrounded by a ridiculous amount of evidence
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I've always hated mitch McConnell. He's the republican version of Pelosi
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

None of you can deny these wild circumstances:

A political outsider beloved by many was president for the first time in modern American history. A ridiculous amount of bizarre circumstances happened lead up to and influencd the 2020 election. These circumstances were used to fundamentally change the voting process. It lead to records amount or votes.

Wild coincidences
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Look at the construction of your message Randy. It seems to validate the thesis you are animated by the wrong things.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

That's almost a direct quote of Benny Johnson.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:28 am
"Baseless theories"

The thing is most of these things are not baseless, but surrounded by a ridiculous amount of evidence
The evidence that has been uncovered and offered is certainly worthy of ridicule - which is pretty much what 60ish courts, including many run by Trump-appointed judges, have done.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:33 am A political outsider beloved by many was president for the first time in modern American history.
Just fact checking here, guess you skipped your history classes in middle school, as you forgot Abilene KS boy Dwight D Eisenhower and fellow officer Ulysses S Grant, both who didn't serve in a political office.

Throw in Zachary Taylor and almost as bad as being President as Donald Trump but waaaaaaaay more intelligent, Herbert Hoover.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If captain durr is going to counter with 'but durr military positions ARE political durr' then I will counter with President Trump's running in the primaries in 2000 and flirting with running before and after that.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:51 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:33 am A political outsider beloved by many was president for the first time in modern American history.
Just fact checking here, guess you skipped your history classes in middle school, as you forgot Abilene KS boy Dwight D Eisenhower and fellow officer Ulysses S Grant, both who didn't serve in a political office.

Throw in Zachary Taylor and almost as bad as being President as Donald Trump but waaaaaaaay more intelligent, Herbert Hoover.
Modern pdub modern. You're moving decades into the past for these
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And the world has changed exponentially in those decades
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:09 am And the world has changed exponentially in those decades
So then you're open to taking another look at the 2nd amendment?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:10 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:09 am And the world has changed exponentially in those decades
So then you're open to taking another look at the 2nd amendment?
How in the fuck did you make that leap?

Me saying a political outsider hasn't won a presidency in decades has nothing to do with 2a
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not really a leap.
Just saying that if you believe, and I agree, that the world has changed exponentially, then maybe you'd be open to maybe dusting off those old papers.

And finally, modern American history began in 1920 ( or some say the late 1800's but we'll go with 1920 to maybe give you some leeway ), so we have to take out drunkie Ulysses and Zachary, but Hoover and Eisenhower can stay -- so your statement is still not factual -- and that's ignoring Trump's previous attempts at the Presidency.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:15 am Not really a leap.
Just saying that if you believe, and I agree, that the world has changed exponentially, then maybe you'd be open to maybe dusting off those old papers.

And finally, modern American history began in 1920 ( or some say the late 1800's but we'll go with 1920 to maybe give you some leeway ), so we have to take out drunkie Ulysses and Zachary, but Hoover and Eisenhower can stay -- so your statement is still not factual -- and that's ignoring Trump's previous attempts at the Presidency.
Of course I agree with you.

But more generally: what does it matter that Trump was an outsider?

The answer is that it doesn't matter.

All that matters is that, despite tens or hundreds of millions of dollars in rube money spent desperately searching, there simply is NO reputable evidence of widespread election fraud. And it's not because the IMF (pick one, real or fictional...shit, pick both) covered it up.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

There are no wealthy outsiders. Money buys speech. Lots of it.